(B Varient) Covid

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2022, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
After getting up every morning (at the beginning) to get on a list for the vaccination, and finally driving over an hour to get the shots for my wife and myself, we finally felt that we had done our due diligence by getting vaccinated. Then the boosters were available some time after that, but my wife felt ill and used the home test kit to find out that she tested positive. Her doctor prescribed a "Z"pack which she is allergic to, so she just treated it like a cold. She is diabetic, cancer survivor and hypertensive with medication. She fared well. I came down with symptoms and called my doctor. He told me that they did not treat for home test kit results and said I had to get a "real" test. I didn't bother and just treated my symptoms like a cold. Since I seemed to have a sinus infection, I took my wife's "Z" pack which seemed to work almost immediately (couple days) and over the counter cold medicine. We didn't have the booster then and have not gotten one since. However we do know of family that rush out and get every booster that becomes available, sanitize obsessively and still caught the virus. I do not know if the vaccinations have made a difference, but figured that they were important at the beginning, so we got them. Now, my wife refuses to get the boosters and since I do not get flu shots, I am not going to get the boosters either. That is my choice and just my opinion, as a non-medical, non-professional. It is NOT luck that I have not had a serious illness, because I have the worst luck in the world if I ever gamble. I have never in my life picked a single number from a winning lottery ticket. I do not win at poker, ever. I have never won at a prize drawing. If anything, I am blessed, not lucky. Or, maybe lucky to be blessed? Anyway, I do not attempt to discourage anyone in my family from getting vaccinations. This is simply my choice, based on my opinion that I don't want that stuff in my system. I have had my shingles shot and my pneumonia vaccination. When traveling overseas, I got the required inoculations required. Whether I am right or wrong is not relevant. Arguing over whether or not shots work is not relevant because there are way too many factors involved regarding the medical history of the patients. Also my opinion and not a professional statement. Do what is best for you, in YOUR opinion. I live my life as normal as possible right now. If someone feels that I might be a carrier of the covid, then I guess you had better avoid me or continue to wear protection.
Glad everything has worked out OK. However, you do realize that anyone's "opinion" has nothing to do with the science of virology , epidemiology, and vaccination recommendations, any more than someone's "opinion" that the world is flat might be correct.
Old 07-01-2022, 07:05 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
You mean WITH or tested positive. How many MILLIONS really had the virus and did NOT die from it?
Not related directly, but whenever I go to a doctor's appointment now, the receptionist asks me if I had my covid vaccination. They never ask for proof and never ask if I have had any boosters. Makes one wonder if they are taking covid seriously or just going through the motions.
Interesting, are you saying that a million dying is not significant since 98% don't die?

Maybe your doctor trusts you to do what's right. Silly concept a doctor and patient trusting each other.
Old 07-01-2022, 07:10 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
After getting up every morning (at the beginning) to get on a list for the vaccination, and finally driving over an hour to get the shots for my wife and myself, we finally felt that we had done our due diligence by getting vaccinated. Then the boosters were available some time after that, but my wife felt ill and used the home test kit to find out that she tested positive. Her doctor prescribed a "Z"pack which she is allergic to, so she just treated it like a cold. She is diabetic, cancer survivor and hypertensive with medication. She fared well. I came down with symptoms and called my doctor. He told me that they did not treat for home test kit results and said I had to get a "real" test. I didn't bother and just treated my symptoms like a cold. Since I seemed to have a sinus infection, I took my wife's "Z" pack which seemed to work almost immediately (couple days) and over the counter cold medicine. We didn't have the booster then and have not gotten one since. However we do know of family that rush out and get every booster that becomes available, sanitize obsessively and still caught the virus. I do not know if the vaccinations have made a difference, but figured that they were important at the beginning, so we got them. Now, my wife refuses to get the boosters and since I do not get flu shots, I am not going to get the boosters either. That is my choice and just my opinion, as a non-medical, non-professional. It is NOT luck that I have not had a serious illness, because I have the worst luck in the world if I ever gamble. I have never in my life picked a single number from a winning lottery ticket. I do not win at poker, ever. I have never won at a prize drawing. If anything, I am blessed, not lucky. Or, maybe lucky to be blessed? Anyway, I do not attempt to discourage anyone in my family from getting vaccinations. This is simply my choice, based on my opinion that I don't want that stuff in my system. I have had my shingles shot and my pneumonia vaccination. When traveling overseas, I got the required inoculations required. Whether I am right or wrong is not relevant. Arguing over whether or not shots work is not relevant because there are way too many factors involved regarding the medical history of the patients. Also my opinion and not a professional statement. Do what is best for you, in YOUR opinion. I live my life as normal as possible right now. If someone feels that I might be a carrier of the covid, then I guess you had better avoid me or continue to wear protection.
It is certainly your choice to get or not get jabbed. And you certainly sound like you have considered it and made a decision, which is good.

That someone had taken all the precautions and still got COVID is normal. NO ONE I know is saying doing all those things is 100% protective. Each thing you listed reduces the odds of getting it, and further reduce the odds of dying from it, and further reduces the odds of sharing it.

Nothing in life (except death and taxes) is guaranteed. But, common good and not taking unnecessary risks is not based on fear or brain washing, but is based on caring for our fellow Americans, and doing all we can for each other. Some can do more, some have to do less. But, that is not the same as believing everyone that got the vaccination is going to die because on it, which is posted here occasionally.
Old 07-01-2022, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,741 Times in 1,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus510 View Post
No autoimmune problems or health problems. BEFORE.

“ The benefits far outweigh the risks - the perfect is the enemy of the good.”

I’m sorry, you’ll have to sell that platitude somewhere else.
Wow...

People seem to have forgotten that period when hospitals and medical personnel were overloaded, and not enough needs for all patients.

When there were not enough respirators and staff had to choose who to keep alive.

When family could not hold the hands of family members as they died drowning in their own body fluids alone in a hospital bed.

Routine patients were turned away so undoubtedly many unaccounted collateral deaths due to COVID overwhelming the medical system.

My daughter has PTSD from those days working 12/7 as a COVID nurse.

Over sixty thousand people participated in the US vaccine clinical trials at before safety and efficacy data was available. I was one.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Wow...

People seem to have forgotten that period when hospitals and medical personnel were overloaded, and not enough needs for all patients.

When there were not enough respirators and staff had to choose who to keep alive.

When family could not hold the hands of family members as they died drowning in their own body fluids alone in a hospital bed.

Routine patients were turned away so undoubtedly many unaccounted collateral deaths due to COVID overwhelming the medical system.

Over sixty thousand people participated in the US vaccine clinical trials at before safety and efficacy data was available. I was one.
That was the narrative. On the other hand, countless videos were taken that showed empty hospitals, etc. My daughter was/is a nurse for a cardiologist. Their practice was in a hospital. The first week of the “15 days to slow the spread”, her Dr. told his staff that the hospital was closing their office and that the staff would be sent home. Now, they were sending doctors, nurses, and supporting staff home WHILE the hospitals were crying that they were full, overworked and soon the entire staff would be hospitalized and dying themselves. Does that sound like a good time to send an office full of trained medical professionals home? I told my wife at that time that something was not right about the whole situation. Someone was lying. And it was just beginning.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Wow...

That was the narrative. So you’re saying that my own personal experience is faulty and that I’m not smart enough to realize it. This is EXACTLY why so many people have completely lost trust in the medical establishment. The “don’t believe your lying eyes” attitude, along with the “you don’t have a medical degree” attitude destroyed that trust. I don’t have to have a meteorological degree to know when to turn on the windshield wipers. I won’t even go into the story of my daughter’s experience, who was, (and still is), a nurse at the time when we went into the “15 days to slow the curve”. Her story was the reason I told my wife that we weren’t being told the truth about the virus. But I’m not changing your mind and you’re sure as heck not changing mine. You get your shots, along with multiple boosters. I won’t stand in your way, and I won’t try to ridicule you as some ignorant hick for getting them. I would love to get the same respect, but the last two years have proven that this isn’t going to be a possibility.

Last edited by Taurus510; 07-01-2022 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07-01-2022, 09:58 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Wow...

So true.

Sadly studies show that once you believe one conspiracy theory it is easier to believe another, and easier again to believe another. Once you believe a conspiracy theory it is very hard to not believe it no matter how much evidence there is. Our brains are wired to amplify self belief systems, and it is very uncomfortable to change one of those.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
So true.

Sadly studies show that once you believe one conspiracy theory it is easier to believe another, and easier again to believe another. Once you believe a conspiracy theory it is very hard to not believe it no matter how much evidence there is. Our brains are wired to amplify self belief systems, and it is very uncomfortable to change one of those.
Once again. Someone telling me that my own personal experience is beyond my understanding. How can an ignorant hick possibly understand that his own pain that medical professionals have told him are due to a rushed to market vaccination is wrong. The ignorant hick can’t understand that his pain is actually just a conspiracy theory and not real. Pitiful, really. And you wonder why there is so much mistrust.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
So true.

Tell me about it. I've spent years trying to confuse people with the facts.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Tell me about it. I've spent years trying to confuse people with the facts.
But you have to admit facts are a little boring!
Not such a ripping yarn like the latest QAnon 'Facts.'
Old 07-01-2022, 10:38 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
But you have to admit facts are a little boring!
Not such a ripping yarn like the latest QAnon 'Facts.'
Yeah, and nano-bots in the vaccine, and vaccines destroying our immune system, and jewish space lasers, and shape shifting alien lizards running the government. All great ideas for SciFi books.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:39 AM
TOTV Moderator

Another dead horse gets buried.
Closed Thread

Tags
covid, tested, varient, due, free

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.