Best chiropractor to see in villages

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2019, 10:22 AM
Default Best chiropractor to see in villages

I am in need of competent chiropractor in villages for numb fingers. I have spinal stenosis.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:57 AM

I don't believe that a chiropractor can do anything about stenosis. Since it is the narrowing of the spinal canal.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:05 AM
Sage

Chiropractic (and I've long been a cheerleader for chiropractic) probably can't help this issue. IF you have pain...maybe P.T. can help with that. BUT stenosis can be a complicated issue. I have it, along with degenerative disc disease and some other back issues. I've already had a dissectomy as well as steroid shots, which I won't do again as they're a band-aide. I'd speak to your pcp and go from there.

Also, don't fall for the ads re: "we can help with this".....you'll just be out the $$$ and still have the issue.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
I don't believe that a chiropractor can do anything about stenosis. Since it is the narrowing of the spinal canal.
I agree. But, there are a lot of chiropractors who will treat you for it and charge you.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

Also, avoid the 'stem cell' clinics, FDA approves stem cell procedures for one and only one situation.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:41 PM
Default Bad Back

This worked for my dad who had herniated disc. He tried it all: chiropractic, acupuncture, magnets in shoes, water bed, air bed, latex bed, the rack (stretching on machine at chiropractor), hot pack, cold pack, vibrator pads on various places on his back by chiropractor, epidural injections, injections up thru his tailbone, and narcotic pain pills. He finally had surgery and the pain went away for 4-5 months. Then it came back with a vengeance. Back surgeon said that 10% have a problem and that it was probably scar tissue. He could operate again. Ok, so another round of chiropractic, acupuncture, etc. - you get the picture. He then tried an old home remedy: 2 teaspoons of Certo (fruit pectin used for making jelly - with the canning jars at Publix or WalMart) in 3 ounces of grape juice 3 times a day. After 7-10 days, no pain. He old, fat, and out of shape, but he's able to "almost" touch his toes with no pain. He did the Certo for 30-60 days, and now only does it a few times a year when his back starts to hurt. It's been over 10 years and his back is still pain free.
He also had nightly cramps in his calves and restless leg. Old home remedy - bar of Ivory soap at bottom of bed under the sheet (in the wrapper). After a week, no more cramps or restless leg. Again, it's been over 10 years and he still keeps a bar of Ivory under the sheet at the bottom of his bed.
I know. It sounds stupid and ridiculous. But, it is a cheap, holistic possible fix. It beats $$$ for surgery and $$$'s for therapy and chiropractor. What have you got to lose. Give it a shot.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:53 PM
Sage

Not totally unselfish reply here...

I think the op should be provided with names of any “competent chiropractor” that you may have knowledge of. Then she could make her own decision.

And I could possibly benefit from the information also. ( I know to stay away from Davis.)
Old 07-10-2019, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

My wife used Dr. Kuhns (Wildwood office), but i think he has 1 or 2 other offices in the area.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:19 PM

I use Legecy chiroprator in Laural Manor Dr John 259-0024
Old 07-14-2019, 09:22 PM

When you see Davis Clinic, RUN, don't walk in the opposite direction. They are an unethical "treatment facility" that wants your money upfront, and a few weeks later the money is gone, but the pain isn't.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:10 PM
Veteran member

Compton chiropractors have helped me with my Sacroiliac joint and leg pain, no long treatment plans, just come in when I need too. I use Dr Dan. The Villages, FL Chiropractor | Chiropractor 32162 | Compton Chiropractic Care LLC
Don’t know if they can help with your problem but I do know if they can’t they will tell you they can’t.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:07 PM
Veteran member

I use Dr. Yoder who uses a number of different modalities for care. She is great!
Old 07-16-2019, 08:05 PM

I went to Dr. Etheredge (Old Camp Road) for Twelve years. Yes I even did the "Rack". He saved me after I was in bed for a month, unable to sit or stand for more than a few minutes. The ER put me on Oxycodone and I just slept and every four hours took my meds. Finally a neighbor told my husband to get me dressed, she made an appointment with Dr. Etheredge, and off I went. I saw him three times the first week, but by then I was off most of the meds. The next week I was off everything. I had several episodes like that over the years and he always got me up and running again. I saw him until two years ago when he had me do a new MRI which showed problems that he couldn't fix anymore. He sent me to Pain management. Dr. DeLuca has injected my Facet Joints every four months and I am now Pain free. So, you never what might work. I would avoid surgery at all cost. Best to go in for consults and see who has the best plan to help you. I wish you luck. Back pain can be debilitating!
Old 07-17-2019, 05:44 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tialarre View Post
This worked for my dad who had herniated disc. He tried it all: chiropractic, acupuncture, magnets in shoes, water bed, air bed, latex bed, the rack (stretching on machine at chiropractor), hot pack, cold pack, vibrator pads on various places on his back by chiropractor, epidural injections, injections up thru his tailbone, and narcotic pain pills. He finally had surgery and the pain went away for 4-5 months. Then it came back with a vengeance. Back surgeon said that 10% have a problem and that it was probably scar tissue. He could operate again. Ok, so another round of chiropractic, acupuncture, etc. - you get the picture. He then tried an old home remedy: 2 teaspoons of Certo (fruit pectin used for making jelly - with the canning jars at Publix or WalMart) in 3 ounces of grape juice 3 times a day. After 7-10 days, no pain. He old, fat, and out of shape, but he's able to "almost" touch his toes with no pain. He did the Certo for 30-60 days, and now only does it a few times a year when his back starts to hurt. It's been over 10 years and his back is still pain free.
He also had nightly cramps in his calves and restless leg. Old home remedy - bar of Ivory soap at bottom of bed under the sheet (in the wrapper). After a week, no more cramps or restless leg. Again, it's been over 10 years and he still keeps a bar of Ivory under the sheet at the bottom of his bed.
I know. It sounds stupid and ridiculous. But, it is a cheap, holistic possible fix. It beats $$$ for surgery and $$$'s for therapy and chiropractor. What have you got to lose. Give it a shot.
I have both problems from time to time. Going to give them a try.
Closed Thread

Tags
chiropractor, villages, fingers, numb, stenosis

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.