Beware of 441 Urgent Care on 44

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2020, 02:46 PM

My husband went there & symptoms were coughing feeling weak and sore all over. John Santos sent him home with a prescription for an antibiotic. A few days later he was getting worse so we called and I asked if he may suspect Covid may be the issue & I asked why he wasn't tested on the spot. Within 10 minutes we received a call to go in for testing. Turns out he was positive and I was negative. My point is had they tested him sooner when he had symptoms he could have been treated sooner for it. In the interim ended up going to the ER for further treatment. Unbelievable! Where do they find these PA's
Old 07-30-2020, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAT777 View Post
My husband went there & symptoms were coughing feeling weak and sore all over. John Santos sent him home with a prescription for an antibiotic. A few days later he was getting worse so we called and I asked if he may suspect Covid may be the issue & I asked why he wasn't tested on the spot. Within 10 minutes we received a call to go in for testing. Turns out he was positive and I was negative. My point is had they tested him sooner when he had symptoms he could have been treated sooner for it. In the interim ended up going to the ER for further treatment. Unbelievable! Where do they find these PA's
First and foremost you are not supposed to just show up at the Urgent Care, ER, or your Doctors office with classic symptoms of possible Covid like your husband exhibited. Every place I have seen has signs on their doors stating that if you are exhibiting symptoms to call your doctor first or the place you are thinking of going to first and let them know! Your husband has now possibly exposed other patients at the Urgent care as well as the staff!! Come on people!! It’s not rocket science!
Old 07-31-2020, 08:11 AM

I agree 100% the medical care here has gotten so bad. We are considering leaving and moving to a smaller 55 and older community.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:17 AM

When we called them with symptoms they said to go in. Not once did anyone even suggest it could be Covid!! He said most likely pneumonia and sent us on our way with a prescription. Did not test either of us! We had our masks on!!
Both of us have basically been secluded since end of March being cautious.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAT777 View Post
I agree 100% the medical care here has gotten so bad. We are considering leaving and moving to a smaller 55 and older community.
Most of us who live here have a list of doctors we consult on a regular basis when we are well.

Mine includes a general practioner, dermatologist, cardiologist, and an endocrinologist. At least twice a year, all three of us have blood drawn and a routine visit at our wonderful "regular" doctors office. (Now virtual, not the blood but the visit)

I don't think it is wise to use urgent care for our medical care routinely. As we age we need to be watched for age related illnesses so that they can be treated or prevented.
Old 07-31-2020, 04:32 PM
Veteran member

"YOUNEVERKNOW---right blame the victim !
Old 07-31-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
"YOUNEVERKNOW---right blame the victim !
So I guess all the signs on the medical offices, dentists, labs etc about not entering if you have symptoms are just a “suggestion?”

Tags
care, adam, urgent, brother, made

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.