Beware of 441 Urgent Care on 44

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2020, 06:41 AM
Veteran member
Default Beware of 441 Urgent Care on 44

Beware of 441 Urgent Care on 44 Run by John S*antos Nurse practitioner ARNP.

This guy is a jerk and has a napoleon complex and error in my visit including billing me for two visits instead of one.
He ordered the wrong test and Medication and was as arrogant as they come. His staff said Dr. S*anotos would be in to see me when in-fact he was a PA.
I got in a verbal argument in his mishandling of my case and his errors. He could careless and defended the errors he made. He also ordered a powerful antibiotic instead of topical healing cream when i did not have any infection and then said it was a very busy day and i did get you the right prescription didn't i, OMG
I called my insurance company and made them aware of the double billing and they said they have had prior problems with this facility.They are now investigating the fraud.
When i complained to the billing director Trenna she had Adam S*antos John S*antos brother call me to rectify the complaint.
I was a little cautious at first, but come to finded out the brothers where severing there partnership and were at war with each other and Adam Clearly said this is one of many complaints he has gotten on his brother and his brother is a arrogant ass*ole with a Napoleon attitude. Adam started the business and made a grave mistake in taking his brother on as a partner and now attorneys are dividing up the business.
Adam S*antos is a caring P.A and runs the 441 urgent care on 466a across the street from McDonald by Lake imaging.
I have been in Adams care before and he is a caring gentleman and i would see him again.
Just a recommendation i would stay away from 441 urgent care on 44 John S*antos runs that one and go to the 441 Urgent care on 466a that Adam S*antos runs.
Good luck in your care:
Also Unova was also a bad facility in there behavior with Dr.
Keri*na, They have finally reorganized that facility and got that jerk inline, i believe he is no longer a part of that facility, the other Doctors there are great.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:50 AM

Our BCBS Medicare Advantage plan will not cover any visits to any of the 441 Urgent care sites. Tells you something is not right with them.
Old 06-16-2020, 07:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Sorry for your troubles Chellybean. Add another Dud to the list. It's people like you that give TOTV'S it's value. Who knows how many people you have saved from the same fate.

It's getting tougher and tougher to do battle with the billing department at most vendors because many of them use making you wait for an agent as an initial tool to wear you down. It has the opposite effect on me. The more I hear what a valuable customer I am combined with the longer I wait just makes me stronger when I am valued enough to get an English Speaking Agent.

Thanks for the post Chellybean.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runkcrun View Post
Our BCBS Medicare Advantage plan will not cover any visits to any of the 441 Urgent care sites. Tells you something is not right with them.
We got a letter from our insurance company saying that “Any services ordered by 441 Urgent Care Center LLC can no longer be covered.”
The letter stated “This provider has been placed on the “preclusion list” by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Medicare plans are prohibited from Making payments for health care items and services by individuals and entities on the preclusion list.”
It didn’t state any particular 441 location.
I wondered what was going on to cause this and if it’s just one particular location or all 441 locations.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow View Post
We got a letter from our insurance company saying that “Any services ordered by 441 Urgent Care Center LLC can no longer be covered.”
The letter stated “This provider has been placed on the “preclusion list” by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Medicare plans are prohibited from Making payments for health care items and services by individuals and entities on the preclusion list.”
It didn’t state any particular 441 location.
I wondered what was going on to cause this and if it’s just one particular location or all 441 locations.
Thanks John S*antos for that;
Adam S*antos is trying to correct that for his facility, one person destroyed a business single handily.
unbelievable
Old 06-16-2020, 08:41 AM
Veteran member

I use FHV Urgent care when I can't get to see my doctor. It is on 441 near golf cart bridge. Wonderful PA and NP. Staff is very friendly.
Old 06-16-2020, 01:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by runkcrun View Post
Yikes! Does the front office staff tell you that when you check in? I'd be pretty horrified if I ended up stuck with the entire bill.

I typically go to the Buffalo Ridge office but the "441" part of the sign has been removed so that it only says Urgent Care. Hopefully that means it's a different company. I haven't been there since I switched to BCBS.
Old 06-16-2020, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,177 Times in 834 Posts

I have no thoughts about the care or the billing you experienced. I do wish to comment on the terms "Doctor" "PA" and "ARNP'

Firstly a PA is a physician assistant. This person did a 4 year college program in any field then a two year PA training program. So 2 years of medical training in total.

APRN is Advanced Practice Registered Nurse. This requires a master's degree in nursing. Most commonly the person got an undergrad degree in nursing but that is not required. The undergrad degree can be in any field but to get the master's degree will then require a few extra science courses. The master's degree is 2 years for most programs. There is also a requirement for clinical experience. Some fields are more intense such as nurse anesthetists.

Compare that training with MD training. Undergrad in any field then 4 years of medical school with about half those 4 years spent in hospital or clinical training. Then at least 3 years of intensive hospital and outpatient training before going into practice. Some fields require much more. Child psychiatry is a five year residency after 4 years of medical school. 9 years post college. That psychiatric NP who "does the same job" , 2 years and I believe 500 clinical hours which is 3 months.

And coming soon, many NP programs are changing the degree being awarded from a Master's degree to a doctorate. So these graduates will now have a doctorate in nursing, no additional work, just a different name for the degree. And when they get introduced to you as a Dr. Jones it will be true but the doctorate will not be in medicine. The time is near when you will need to ask directly whether your doctor is a medical doctor or some other doctorate. If you don't care, that is fine but I can tell you the amount of training difference between that received by an MD and a doctor of nursing is huge. YMMV
Old 06-17-2020, 05:33 AM

What’s with the asterisks in the names?
Old 06-17-2020, 05:36 AM

What does FHV stand for?
Old 06-17-2020, 05:54 AM
Default 466A Urgent Care

Well all,
I have a totally different opinion on the urgent care at 466a which is RUN BY JOHN SANTOS
I have had excellent care, prescribed the right medication, sent others to the same facility with NO ISSUES.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:03 AM

Yes, Unova is just as bad. They charged me for an MRI that I never had. They argued I had had it when I told them I didn’t - I told them, I needed pre-approval for that procedure and had to go to a verified radiologisT approved by my insurance company. I told them I always use lake Medical or Sands. They finally told me they would have to Check it out. Took months to get the bill straightened out when finally they reluctantly realized I never had an mri there. Would never go back there
Old 06-17-2020, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
Beware of 441 Urgent Care on 44 Run by John S*antos Nurse practitioner ARNP.

This guy is a jerk and has a napoleon complex and error in my visit including billing me for two visits instead of one.
He ordered the wrong test and Medication and was as arrogant as they come. His staff said Dr. S*anotos would be in to see me when in-fact he was a PA.
I got in a verbal argument in his mishandling of my case and his errors. He could careless and defended the errors he made. He also ordered a powerful antibiotic instead of topical healing cream when i did not have any infection and then said it was a very busy day and i did get you the right prescription didn't i, OMG
I called my insurance company and made them aware of the double billing and they said they have had prior problems with this facility.They are now investigating the fraud.
When i complained to the billing director Trenna she had Adam S*antos John S*antos brother call me to rectify the complaint.
I was a little cautious at first, but come to finded out the brothers where severing there partnership and were at war with each other and Adam Clearly said this is one of many complaints he has gotten on his brother and his brother is a arrogant ass*ole with a Napoleon attitude. Adam started the business and made a grave mistake in taking his brother on as a partner and now attorneys are dividing up the business.
Adam S*antos is a caring P.A and runs the 441 urgent care on 466a across the street from McDonald by Lake imaging.
I have been in Adams care before and he is a caring gentleman and i would see him again.
Just a recommendation i would stay away from 441 urgent care on 44 John S*antos runs that one and go to the 441 Urgent care on 466a that Adam S*antos runs.
Good luck in your care:
Also Unova was also a bad facility in there behavior with Dr.
Keri*na, They have finally reorganized that facility and got that jerk inline, i believe he is no longer a part of that facility, the other Doctors there are great.
We also got a letter from our insurance company saying that “Any future services ordered by 441 Urgent care (across from Walmart in Summerfield) would not be covered. They paid for our visit then but said no further appointments would be covered.
Old 06-17-2020, 06:29 AM
Default urgent care

I went to UNOVA urgent care several times and got great care. I like the doctor I saw and didn't have to wait to see him. I drove past the facility this week and saw the name is changed so I assume they no longer have an urgent care practice. Thanks for the heads up on 441 on Rt 44.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riley2011 View Post
What does FHV stand for?
Flórida Heart and Vascular
Closed Thread

Tags
care, adam, urgent, brother, made

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.