Beware of new dental office coming to TV

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2017, 08:19 AM
Default Beware of new dental office coming to TV

An announcement in today's Daily Sun prompted me to release my information regarding this office. I have been a patient of Colony Modern Dentistry for the past 2 years. The practice has been sold to another management company under the leadership of Narducci Dental. I have had several major procedures preformed by Dr. Penrod - current dentist at this office. Work he preformed includes: a completion of an implant, crowns, extraction and a bridge. After being told my portion of the balance after insurance, I paid the amount. After the work was completed and insurance paid their portion, I questioned the overage that was due back to me. I have been told by the new management company; this is not their responsibility. I am getting NO satisfaction from the previous management. Two issues are important in my case to bring transparency to the legal system and potential consumers; the issues include insurance fraud and altering patient accounts to indicate a lack of credit owed. I am sharing my experience so that people will be able to make an educated choice when choosing a dentist.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:25 AM
Gold member

What kinda turned me off about their ad and practice in the paper was seeing them pose pretending to hold up revolvers. How is that supposed to encourage people to come to them for dental work? I don't get it.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:25 PM
Sage

They're supposed to be dentists, not macho dudes--that add has to be a major turn off
Old 09-28-2017, 02:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

They took me on an emergency basis and treated me fantastically thru the process. Very reasonable also.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:56 PM
Default Services rendered

In response to your post; I did not have any problems with the service I received. The problem arised with the bookkeeping and credit owed. This is a trust issue that goes hand in hand with the services rendered. We have many choices as consumers; why do business with anyone in the capacity of being corrupt and/or dishonest.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
What kinda turned me off about their ad and practice in the paper was seeing them pose pretending to hold up revolvers. How is that supposed to encourage people to come to them for dental work? I don't get it.
i thought that was cute......make them out to be a fun practice.
Old 09-28-2017, 04:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

///

Last edited by John_W; 10-02-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:39 PM
Default Confused old and new

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcas1 View Post
An announcement in today's Daily Sun prompted me to release my information regarding this office. I have been a patient of Colony Modern Dentistry for the past 2 years. The practice has been sold to another management company under the leadership of Narducci Dental. I have had several major procedures preformed by Dr. Penrod - current dentist at this office. Work he preformed includes: a completion of an implant, crowns, extraction and a bridge. After being told my portion of the balance after insurance, I paid the amount. After the work was completed and insurance paid their portion, I questioned the overage that was due back to me. I have been told by the new management company; this is not their responsibility. I am getting NO satisfaction from the previous management. Two issues are important in my case to bring transparency to the legal system and potential consumers; the issues include insurance fraud and altering patient accounts to indicate a lack of credit owed. I am sharing my experience so that people will be able to make an educated choice when choosing a dentist.
Sounds to me like your beef is with the prior owner, Spivey. He was crooked enough that his dental license has been revoked. If you want your money you should be looking for him.
I know someone who has been to the Spanish springs location under the new owners and raves about the attention she got and how thorough her exam was.
We should be thrilled to have a good dental office in our area!
Old 09-28-2017, 05:58 PM
Gold member
Default Sorry to hear about your trouble but

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcas1 View Post
As to responsibility being transferred to the NEW owner. Depending on how they bought the business they probably do not owe any past debts.
Insurance fraud, if, you were not a part of this CRIME perhaps you should contact the insurance company.
If, nothing else the insurance company could/should advise you how to proceed.
Altering patient accounts? You should have some paperwork showing what you owe and what you paid cancelled check? credit card bill?
If, you paid by credit card and you file a dispute, the credit card company will charge back the account to which you paid and forward your written claim.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:26 PM

We have been very satisfied patients of Dr. Penrod and his staff for two years, and we have also referred friends to the practice.
Closed Thread

Tags
management, insurance, office, patient, work

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.