Beware of UNOVA

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2018, 02:30 PM
Veteran member
Default Beware of UNOVA

UNOVA healthcare on Rolling Acres Beware!!!!
The whole Facility is mismanaged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie0720 View Post
I went to Dr Katrina based on his excellent reputation. Talk about nasty! The man made us wait 2 hours before seeing him then when in his office he takes a personal phone call for like 10 minutes. I mention the wait in the lobby to see him & he becomes very very nasty. He uses very fowl language a street thug would use! And proceeds to scream at me about if I don't like it he can just throw me out of his office. He has a " great then thou" attitude. He is just one nasty son of a b**ch. Never again!!!!

I had the same experiences.
The COO/CEO Steve Roth was terminated last week from UNOVA and Dr. Kerina is now acting Chief Medical Officer and in control of this Facility on Rolling Acre's which is the only facility in the USA
He acted as a thug to me as well as you said and unprofessional including incompetent.
Furthermore the staff Operation manager Kendria Wil*iams-Hart is also rude and unprofessional including the records department Gina and Maria.
When the upper management is out of control the Indians will follow!
Now for the Facts!!!
UNOVA is owned by Francesco Siccardi an attorney in Europe which also Siccardi is the VP of Medacta which is a Swedish company that is a medical company that makes appliances for hips and other extremities and has a non evasive process for hip replacements.
This is clearly a conflict of interest.
Medacta COO/CEO is Eric Dremel in the USA in-charge of Medacta USA to sell appliances to UNOVA, that Dr. Kerina is in charge of and including surgery and medical seminar, training of this Medacta non evasive method, plus direction of this Facility on Rolling acres that just opened less than a year ago.
NOW are you folks connecting the dots yet this stinks from high heavens.
What I am wondering under Florida law is what the conflict of interest actually is, for Dr. Kerina.
Dr. Kerina was already disciplined by State of Florida if you search department of Health for improper behavior.
If a Doctor is in direct relationship with training of a procedure of a medical appliance including the owner of a Facility that is a VP of Medacta in Europe which the VP Siccardi family owns and controls Medacta including UNOVA which Dr. Kerina controls UNOVA, staff and which appliance to be use in his surgery’s, it has to make you think what financial gains he may receive from Medacta for using there appliances including UNOVA facility.
This should make you question whether or not all other option are being exhausted before a hip replacement is being suggested by a Doctor there.
What a wonderful place to open up a Facility UNOVA but in the Villages where there are a great deal of the elderly population that has health problem including a flock of bad doctor’s in this area.
Now mind you folks alot of the Doctors in this Facility are from Tri Country orthopedics’ medical clinic that closed, that many folks cannot get there medical records from and have no way of contacting tri county directly to get there records that a lot of these doctors worked at, does this Ring incompetents and untrusting to anyone.
What a wonderful story for 20/20 or sixty minutes.
Does any of this bother you folks?
It should if you folks can connect the dots.

Furthermore when contacting Eric Dr*mel the CEO of Medacta USA that is owned by Siccardi family including Unova to make him aware there is a Problem with UNOVA facility, he stated he was directed by the board of directors of Medacta to resubmit the problems back to UNOVA facility instead of Siccardi family that owns the facility.
Now mind you UNOVA upper management of Unova at Rolling Acres is the problem! Instead of the Owners being aware of the problems at UNOVA which they have just walked out the CEO Steven Roth, Eric Dr&mel puts the complaints back to UNOVA so they can CYA the Facility. Ironic isn’t it, I believe if the Siccardi family knew how bad the facility UNOVA was running they would clean house, the Facility upper management is destroy this facility; on top of, is this medical appliance any good?
Also they are based in Europe and it would be very hard to attack there assets if there are any lawsuit filed against this Medacta appliance, is it sinking in yet folks.
Do your homework and be aware!!!
Old 03-25-2018, 05:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Since you're post is so big, I didn't want to quote it, but after reading your comments, it makes me feel like I'm in the middle of a conversation. You don't provide any background info, maybe you were posting on another thread?

I looked up UNOVA and it appears you're referring to the Urgent Care Center in the real nice new looking building on Rolling Acres Rd next to the elementary school? They do some other work there, such as orthopedics and you're displeased with the people in that section? I'm just trying to figure out what you're talking about. I noticed that center the other day and thought that reminded me of that nice looking urgent care center on 441 in front of Del Webb Spruce Creek North which has great reviews, and maybe use this place in the future on the weekends.

The Villages Florida
Old 03-26-2018, 07:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Since you're post is so big, I didn't want to quote it, but after reading your comments, it makes me feel like I'm in the middle of a conversation. You don't provide any background info, maybe you were posting on another thread?

I looked up UNOVA and it appears you're referring to the Urgent Care Center in the real nice new looking building on Rolling Acres Rd next to the elementary school? They do some other work there, such as orthopedics and you're displeased with the people in that section? I'm just trying to figure out what you're talking about. I noticed that center the other day and thought that reminded me of that nice looking urgent care center on 441 in front of Del Webb Spruce Creek North which has great reviews, and maybe use this place in the future on the weekends.

The Villages Florida
it is one in the same center and the incompetent people are in charge of urgent care and orthopedic center.
Hope this helps and the Facility is made of of many doctors from Tri-county orthopedics that left people hanging when they closed the doors.
I have heard horror story's of people that had surgery's scheduled and never got so much as a phone call and there surgery's where canceled and can't get there medical records.
The post was a FYI post
Old 03-26-2018, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post
it is one in the same center and the incompetent people are in charge of urgent care and orthopedic center.
Hope this helps and the Facility is made of of many doctors from Tri-county orthopedics that left people hanging when they closed the doors.
I have heard horror story's of people that had surgery's scheduled and never got so much as a phone call and there surgery's where canceled and can't get there medical records.
The post was a FYI post
So even the urgent section is under the same umbrella of bad management. I can cross that place off my list.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:48 AM
Sage

I don't know all the ins and outs of who owns what and who is connected to what external businesses.

But, for some balance. Dr Kerina replaced both my knees (2008 and 2012) with outstanding results on difficult knees. I have no qualms recommending him to others. I went back last fall for a 3 year checkup. He was on time (early even) and as jovial as ever. I have had other appointments where I waited a long time.... that's just how it goes sometimes.

I also saw Dr Tankson several times last summer for a broken wrist...again, prompt appointments.

It's a beautiful facility and the idea of an orthopedic urgent care (for all those sprains, breaks, etc that don't need a hospital) is very forward thinking. I haven't used the urgent care, but, I know someone who did and she was very pleased with the quality of care.

The OP did not specifically state what their own issue is with care they received. The research on all the business connections is interesting but would not stop me from returning to the practice for care or recommending them to others.

No doctor or practice is perfect, but, my personal experience with Tri-County, now Unova, has been excellent (including Dr Mitchell for shoulder, too).
Old 03-26-2018, 12:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
I don't know all the ins and outs of who owns what and who is connected to what external businesses.

But, for some balance. Dr Kerina replaced both my knees (2008 and 2012) with outstanding results on difficult knees. I have no qualms recommending him to others. I went back last fall for a 3 year checkup. He was on time (early even) and as jovial as ever. I have had other appointments where I waited a long time.... that's just how it goes sometimes.

I also saw Dr Tankson several times last summer for a broken wrist...again, prompt appointments.

It's a beautiful facility and the idea of an orthopedic urgent care (for all those sprains, breaks, etc that don't need a hospital) is very forward thinking. I haven't used the urgent care, but, I know someone who did and she was very pleased with the quality of care.

The OP did not specifically state what their own issue is with care they received. The research on all the business connections is interesting but would not stop me from returning to the practice for care or recommending them to others.

No doctor or practice is perfect, but, my personal experience with Tri-County, now Unova, has been excellent (including Dr Mitchell for shoulder, too).
I am glad that you had a good experience, but you may want to reads these post from other people. Not everyone has had the experience you have had.

Unova orthopedic karina
Old 03-26-2018, 04:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,587 Times in 566 Posts

What is an appliance? Do you mean an implant used in a partial, or total knee, or hip?
Old 03-26-2018, 07:45 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
What is an appliance? Do you mean an implant used in a partial, or total knee, or hip?
yes
Closed Thread

Tags
unova, facility, medacta, including, medical

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.