Beware UNOVA clinic

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2019, 04:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
The one time I went to Dr. Kerina's office some years ago, I waited a long time too.
He is notorious for being late, very late. The stress he puts on patients waiting hours for an appointment has to be detrimental to their recovery....He replaced my wife's broken hip, but would not use him again.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

Why doesn't anybody ever ever talk about why we only have a limited amount of medical schools. The AMA controls the amount of doctors being graduated every year. Everybody says with competition comes improvement, improvement in cost and service. If you want to lower medical costs make more doctors. I'm quite sure in this country there are many qualified people Who would be glad to go to medical school and become doctors. I'm quite sure there are many young people in this Country who could qualify to get into any magical except they don't come from the right family background. Mom and dad were not a doctors or the ethnic background prohibits them from going. Let's start reducing medical cost by making more doctors available to the public at a reasonable cost..
Old 09-19-2019, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBart View Post
Well, I had a terrible experience at this place yesterday and thought I should pass it on. I had used the emergency care last year and it was great, but the clinic was not.

I have bad knees, one of which has had minor surgery 8 years ago. But it has been a mess for about a year so I finally decided to see someone about it. A friend highly Dr.Kerina as a guy who was great with dancers, so I made an appt. Check in was easy, but then I waited for 45 minutes before being taking back for vitals and xrays, which took 15. So now I’ve been there an hour, and the nurse had told me they were running about a half hour late because the doc had “taken a call” that morning. Ok, I figured that kind of stuff happens, i’ll give them a pass this time. So now they put me in a room that seems to be just a waiting room/office. I sit there for another 30 minutes. Finally, they move me to an examination room directly across the hall, and tell me the doc will be there soon. I wait another 20 minutes and the nurse comes to apologize and tell me that the doc really will be there soon. So now I hit 2 hours and 15 minutes of being in this place and still no doc. I decide to leave and go to the check out area where 3 women are just killing time waiting for a patient to come through. When I told them how long I had been waiting, they were horrified and offered to go talk to the doc, but at that point I was DONE. I told them they had better not charge me for this and left.

I’m surprised I haven’t gotten a phone call from anyoneto apologize, and especially from the doc. If he really had cared, he would have called me with the results of my X-ray.

I hope this helps someone to avoid this place. I will post updates if I ever hear from them.
UPDATE: so, Dr. Kerina actually called a day later to apologize and give me xray results, but I wasn’t home and the message came through very garbled. I decided that I should give the place a second chance and now I’m glad I did. They gave me the 1st appt. the same week I called, I got in right away, saw the doc quickly, had more xrays, saw the doc again and was out in just over an hour. Dr. Kerina was very thorough and knowledgeable. What a difference from the 1st visit!
Old 09-19-2019, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBart View Post
UPDATE: so, Dr. Kerina actually called a day later to apologize and give me xray results, but I wasn’t home and the message came through very garbled. I decided that I should give the place a second chance and now I’m glad I did. They gave me the 1st appt. the same week I called, I got in right away, saw the doc quickly, had more xrays, saw the doc again and was out in just over an hour. Dr. Kerina was very thorough and knowledgeable. What a difference from the 1st visit!
That's ONE!
Old 09-19-2019, 12:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
Well, what would you suggest? Should the practitioners not address any concerns brought up by a patient during their visit? Should they cut short their time with any patient who is in the examining room with them because of time constraints? is the Dr actually there at appointment time? Has something kept their on time arrival delayed? That then opens another gripe fest....Dr. rushed me, didn’t listen, spent time looking at his/her computer....patient might not know, realize or even care that all is logged into their chart electronically and now that takes up time. I do agree that 2 hours is way too long to wait without notification about why there is such a long delay. If such long delays are the norm, I might consider seeking a different clinic....but first I’d try to find out why constant delays occurred, especially if the physician is a good one for my care.
I have a suggestion. If you know the dr is running more than an hour late CALL ME! It's the least they could do.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:14 AM
Veteran member

When we first moved here in 2009, Dr Jane Cai was recommended as an excellent primary care doctor. And I started going to her. I had a follow-up appointment one day that they called and asked if I could come in 15 minutes early. Sure, I was ready so I left. I ended up being a half hour early. No one was at the desk and no one was in the waiting room. I waited and waited. I could hear conversation in the back. I could hear Dr Cai talking. People started bringing in food. Of course, I jumped to conclusions and assume that it was a drug salesman providing lunch. Damn! I waited almost 2 hours past my original appointment time before she saw me. She knew I was mad. Then the clencher was, "Let me listen to your heart.". And she passed the stethoscope around my chest as if it were radar, she wasn't even touching me! I never went back, I never received a call, nada, nothing, zilch. I was appalled to think that a doctor or anyone, would ask someone to come in early, sit in the back eating, laughing, socializing while a patient, client or customer with an appointment, sits for hours. Cleveland Clinic used to have signs in all their waiting rooms that said, "If you have been sitting for 20 minutes or more and haven't been seen by a nurse or doctor, please tell the person at the desk". I never sat more than 5 or 10 minutes and I never felt rushed when I saw the doctor. I have never had the Dr Cai experience again and I will never let it happen again.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villages07 View Post
To the OP, yours was an unacceptable experience.

Dr Kerina has done 2 difficult total knee replacements for me and did an outstanding job. There were some appointments where I had to wait an hour or more, but, since the move to the new clinic, I thought they/he had improved immensely on timeliness. Last time I was there, he actually saw me before my appointment time.

I am hoping your experience was an aberration, but, it is certainly understandable if you have lost confidence in the doc or his staff and go elsewhere. He is an excellent surgeon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Dr. Karina has done a partial and a full knee replacement for me and my rehab is going very well. With all of my appointments, I've never experienced an hour wait. He IS very busy but I'd rather wait a bit for someone very good...
Closed Thread

Tags
doc, minutes, told, waiting, place

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.