BLEPHARPLASTY for my wife

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2020, 07:12 AM

just do it
Old 10-14-2020, 07:18 AM

I had my upper and lower lids done by Dr Nijher at Ocala Plastic Surgery in TV up by Souther Trace plaza. Very happy with both the surgeon and the procedure. It is the only plastic surgery I have had and am very glad I did it.
I would also recommend Permenant make up (eye brows for sure) by Cindy in TV.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:27 AM
Location: 2769 Lyall Loop, The Villages, FL 32163. Village of Fenney

I had it done at Ocala Eye, which I would recommend.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:34 AM
Default Eyelid Surgery Didn't work so well for me

I used Dr Alan Lessner (Ocala Eye). Local visits were in The Villages, surgery was in Gainseville. I was awake for the procedure and that was a mistake for me. He ran into complications with a stressed muscle and that shot my blood pressure up which resulted in excess bleeding. He considered aborting the surgery, but completed it. When I got home, I couldn't close my eye for days which made sleeping nearly impossible and dry eye was intensely painful. After 2 weeks, swelling healed and cosmetically the eye looked ok but would NOT close all the way. After about 8 months, the surgery let go and the eyelid drooped back to its original state but I still have a dry eye condition that I never had before. It's good to see that so many others had success but I've given up and decided that eyelid droop is better than the alternative. My vision is impacted in the drooped eye, but only when looking upwards.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:36 AM

This is an honest question about how you looked after the surgery. I am very seriously contemplating having it. However, I’m so afraid of looking scary. I never really had an eyelid showing, always had a hooded eye. Of course now drooping a lot more. I’m afraid it might look fake as scary. Any thoughts from those who had it done.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:37 AM

Are you are it wasn’t Doctor Kim at Ocala Eye? I go to Dr. Armstrong for my eye care and when I needed this surgery she referred me to Dr. Kim in their practice who is an Ocular Plastic Surgeon. I am happy with my outcome.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:50 AM

Sorry I live in Desoto and I love it. Didn’t you do research on the area before you purchased Your home?
Old 10-14-2020, 08:01 AM

I just had this done by Dr. Sarah Kim at Ocala Eye. Surgery was done at their surgery center in Ocala. The whole procedure was done in about an hour. I have gone from having 40% of my normal field of vision to 100%. Would highly recommend having it done by Dr. Kim.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:05 AM

I had Dr. Kim at Ocala Eye last year and a friend of mine had her also. You have black and blue around your eyes for a week or so but it is worth it. No pain whatsoever. Ocala Eye is very good about submitting and getting it covered. $150 total for the surgery center is the total we had to pay. That is with United Healthcare The Villages plan. We are both delighted with the outcome! Make your appointment and do it.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:36 AM
Default Eye surgery

My wife had Dr. Ireland at St. Luke’s do the droopy eye surgery and and my wife looked 10 years younger and could see a lot better. Medicare covers the cost if you fail the eye test they give you.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:45 AM
Default Dr. Goldey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF Doc View Post
I used Dr. Stacia Goldey. She was great. Was at the Mid Florida Eye CenterIn Summerfield, but I was told she isn't there any longer. I am sure you can track her down on google.

Dr. Goldey did my eyelids and she did a great job. My was medically necessary.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:48 AM
Default Blethoplasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboViper View Post
My wife is currently considering surgery for "lifting" of her upper eyelids and have talked to different doctors pertaining to this.

I am a firm believer in "recommendations" vs "advertisement and have gone to "Talk of The Villages" many times for referrals and or opinions and greatly appreciate any and all advice.

Was wondering if anyone has had this done and who you might recommend.

As always very much appreciate your help
Had mine done 15 years ago with Ocala Eye. What a difference it made both in vision and looks. Highly recommend. Don’t let the be awake scare you, you can’t feel a thing
Old 10-14-2020, 08:49 AM

I did have this done for reasons that it was obstructing my sight. I researched and found that St. Lukes with a site in Sumter Landing is the best for any eye problems.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:54 AM

I had it done about 6 years ago by Dr Terpstra at Lake Eye. She is still there and I still see her annually for an eye exam. My eye lids look great and my field of vision improved so much I didn't realize how much it effected my vision. I took the test before and after and had to ask if it was the same test. I now can see the ceiling when looking straight ahead and side vision is amazing. My health insurance covered it, had both eyes done at the same time. Took about a week for swelling to go down and a month before the scars weren't visible anymore. Your spouse should definitely have it done. Check out Dr. TERPSTRA at Lake Eye. She is very matter of fact, straight forward in telling you what to expect and does a great job.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:56 AM
Default eye lids

I used Dr. Stacey at Mid Florida eye and she was wonderful
I highly recomend She is at Mid Florida Eye on 441.
Closed Thread

Tags
wife, wondering, blepharplasty, advice, greatly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.