Canadian Pharmacies

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2014, 10:54 PM
Gold member
Default Canadian Pharmacies

Any legit Canadian pharmacies out there ?
Old 02-17-2014, 10:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Any legit Canadian pharmacies out there ?
Yes. I have been using Northwest Pharmacy for 15 years. Very reputable company. You can save a lot. Canada pharmacy, Canadian pharmacy, Canadian pharmacies, Canada drugs, Canadian drugs online

Not sure why the link appeared the way it did....but it works ok.

Last edited by gerryann; 02-17-2014 at 11:01 PM. Reason: Explain
Old 02-17-2014, 11:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Yes. I have been using Northwest Pharmacy for 15 years. Very reputable company. You can save a lot. Canada pharmacy, Canadian pharmacy, Canadian pharmacies, Canada drugs, Canadian drugs online

Not sure why the link appeared the way it did....but it works ok.
Thanks
Old 02-18-2014, 10:42 AM
Veteran member

How do you know if the drugs aren't counterfeit?
Old 02-18-2014, 12:04 PM

I also used the drug company mentioned in the above post. Cost was about one third of the cost in the US. Drugs came from the same company as the US.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:50 PM
Platinum member

Another plus with this particular company, is you are able to get pet meds there as well.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:33 PM
Veteran member

Our son has Crohn's Disease. After he graduated from college, could no longer be on our health insurance, and hadn't gotten a job with benefits, he used Northwest Pharmacy. He was unable to get health insurance (at any cost) because of a pre-existing condition. This was over 10 years ago and my only experience with the company. He felt there was no difference in his symptoms or side effects between this pharmacy and a pharmacy in the US.
Old 02-18-2014, 01:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
How do you know if the drugs aren't counterfeit?
As OBXnana stated.....if you have specific symptoms that the drug is for....you would know if it was the wrong drug.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,749 Times in 1,386 Posts

Global Drugs Direct.
Cancer med for my wife was $795 for 90 days with my part D prescription drug coverage.

From Global Drugs Direct....$118 for 90 days.

How do I know it was a valid med? Because it was exactly the same med produced in the same plant (in India where many, many of our drugs come from)...in the exact same packaging as used by Walgreen's et al.

Their customer service is very customer focused. They will work with you to be sure to get the correct meds. And will be happy to look up any rx you may have for pricing.

This past year the patents ran out on the primary brand. And now the generic is available at Walgreen's et al for $15 for 90 days!!!!!!!!!!!

The pharmaceutical compaines make big oil look like pikers when it comes to hosing we the people. And the government keeps extending the patents (now I wonder why that is?).

Made in India shipped by way of Germany or Switzerland direct to your door....$115.

Made in India shipped by way of the USA delivered by Walgreen's....$795.

No explanation needed.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Gold member

Thanks for all your helpful comments
Old 02-22-2014, 12:54 AM
Default Sad but true ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Global Drugs Direct.
Cancer med for my wife was $795 for 90 days with my part D prescription drug coverage.

From Global Drugs Direct....$118 for 90 days.

How do I know it was a valid med? Because it was exactly the same med produced in the same plant (in India where many, many of our drugs come from)...in the exact same packaging as used by Walgreen's et al.

Their customer service is very customer focused. They will work with you to be sure to get the correct meds. And will be happy to look up any rx you may have for pricing.

This past year the patents ran out on the primary brand. And now the generic is available at Walgreen's et al for $15 for 90 days!!!!!!!!!!!

The pharmaceutical compaines make big oil look like pikers when it comes to hosing we the people. And the government keeps extending the patents (now I wonder why that is?).

Made in India shipped by way of Germany or Switzerland direct to your door....$115.

Made in India shipped by way of the USA delivered by Walgreen's....$795.

No explanation needed.
One need only to look at how and when the Part D Medicare Prescription Drug Plan was created (2003) and when it went into effect (2006) to understand that its primary purpose, even if not blatantly obvious, was to support the pharmaceutical industry (and I might add insurance industry as well) rather than senior Americans. As I recall, at the time it was actually even made ILLEGAL to patronize Canadian pharmacies, especially that it was obvious beyond doubt that the meds from Canada were (and still are) identical to those available here!!! Why do you think we have a coverage gap (known as a "donut hole") in our prescription drug plans, during which time we are required to pay full freight for whatever meds we use???

The sad reality is that our country is governed not by elected officials or even the bureaucrats of our civil service system but rather by lobbyists! Using this one industry as just one example, the pharmaceutical lobby was given this level of power and control in the first decade of this century. Do you think for a moment that it would give it up in the second decade, or anytime in the future? The bigger/wealthier/stronger a lobby is, the more power it has in its control over our daily lives. And for anyone who doesn't believe this reality and how it came about, there is a bridge in Brooklyn I would like this person to consider buying!

Too often, reality looks different when it hits home....
Old 02-22-2014, 05:37 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

While medications purchased from a Canadian pharmacy can be much cheaper because the Canadian government is allowed to negotiate the cost of drugs with the manufacturer while the US govt is not, there can be some issues. First of all, it is illegal. But the risk of any sort of prosecution is quite small. Secondly, not all Canadian on-line pharmacies are what they appear to be. Some are fronts for third world manufacturers whose drugs may look like the real thing, but may be counterfeit. So, if you have found a Canadian pharmacy that has been supplying you with the real stuff, then you are probably ok and saving lots of money. If you are determined to purchase drugs from Canada, check out Verify Pharmacy « Canadian International Pharmacy Association, the Canadian International Pharmacy Association’s website. This site allows you to type in the website address of any online Canadian pharmacy and see if it is properly registered. The previously mentioned Northwest Pharmacy appears to be legitimate.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

My personal thanks to both gerryann and BarryRX for this invaluable information. My insurance company switched me from a blood pressure med I have been taking for almost 30 years to a generic which made me very sick. I am having to pay over the top for my original BP Med. I contacted Northwest Pharmacy by email, explained the situation and gave them all the information on my BP med, they replied within two days giving me prices for the drug made by several different reputable makers, all were at least half the price I am having to pay.

With BarryRX's website I was able to verify that Northwest Pharmacy is licensed in Canada.

This is not something I really want to do, i.e. buy outside my own country, but the corruption involved in the drug and other industries, over which we have no control, relieves my conscience.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.