Carbon Dioxide Toxicity From Wearing A Mask.

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2020, 06:48 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingjunior View Post
So reports are coming out that people are getting very sick from prolonged use of a mask. Apparently breathing CO2 from wearing a mask increases dead space and hence hampers breathing a bit by making the air reaching the lungs have significant more CO2
If this was so please explain how for 100 years doctors and nurses can wear them in surgery for 5, 6, 7 hours in surgery. I had surgery for 8 hours how did The dr survive.
My thoughts are people are uses homemade mask to thick and they hard to breathe. I have seen people with a mask and a bunch of tissue stuffed under them. Follow the guide line by the CCD and you will be fine.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:54 AM
theruizs

Quote:
So reports are coming out that people are getting very sick from prolonged use of a mask. Apparently breathing CO2 from wearing a mask increases dead space and hence hampers breathing a bit by making the air reaching the lungs have significant more CO2
Fake news.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decadeofdave View Post
If you wrap your mask with plastic wrap. Lol
Hilarious—thanks for a good laugh!!!

Then again, it might improve some folks (or at least ‘lower their volume’...)!
Old 05-06-2020, 07:56 AM

Why then aren’t all surgeons and OR personnel dead?
Old 05-06-2020, 09:00 AM

This is terrible for all the germaphobics and crowd police in TV. Now, the people who don't wear a mask will kill them, and if they wear a mask they will kill themselves. Its just a big conspiracy to kill them! I watched a football game last night on a rerun, and am pretty sure they were talking about you in the huddle!
Old 05-06-2020, 09:32 AM

You can say that again!
Old 05-06-2020, 09:34 AM

Apparently, the thought of wearing a mask causes some people to develop dead space between the ears....
Old 05-06-2020, 10:12 AM

But his mask was only over his eyes!
Old 05-06-2020, 11:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I've noticed how strange it is to see people with masks from their neck to their eyes. Even stranger when wearing sunglasses. Rarely am I indoors anywhere but my own home so I'm talking about people I see outdoors. It's not the mask itself that is strange, but that it seems to turn them into a non person. A faceless expressionless mummy that doesn't even attempt a hello with a wave of the hand. Where did the smiles that I've come to love in TV go? So glad most don't wear the masks outdoors and remain friendly. Also happy that they are respectful of distancing.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:46 AM
Default What's Missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Results are no oxygen to the brain....It's effects are rampant
A lack of oxygen to the brain is quite similar to how many of us write our thoughts in TOTV. Perhaps we should be wearing our masks while typing out our responses?
Old 05-06-2020, 11:49 AM

Just use a mask with an exhaust valve. They are better for hot climates anyway. One way valve. Bikers use them.
Btw, you are also likely to reacted to the fabric and filter media too. Wash the mask before using if allowed. Formaldehyde and synthetic fabric odors bother many people.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:50 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Interesting possibility with an N95 mask. Driver in crash may have passed out from wearing N95 mask too long: Police - ABC News

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-06-2020, 12:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendi View Post
.... Where did the smiles that I've come to love in TV go? .....
Smiles are eaten by the deadly accumulation of carbon dioxide in the ‘dead space’ behind the mask AND between the ears! Honestly, everyone knows this....
Old 05-06-2020, 02:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Did you read the OP fully, Inex, and how did you not laugh?. Unbelievable---someone picked up the term "dead space", probably from the internet, and then throws it around like they have any idea what it means. Since the mask will be in close proximity to your lips, it does not increase dead space. (the OP's statement was "Apparently breathing CO2 from wearing a mask increases dead space", which is even more absurd). If someone had end stage COPD the added layer of obstruction MIGHT add to CO2 retention, but those people are generally on supplemental O2 anyway and not wearing paper masks.
Someone else posted that MOST people don't expel all the air when exhaling. How about ALL people, and all land mammals as well, otherwise we'd have total lung atelectasis.
A little knowledge...………….
Good post.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:52 PM

Please stay stop reading and believing everything you read.[/B] Yes its true the N95 Mask can reduce the level of Oxygen by about 20 % . If you are trained on the use its not a problem . Good or bad news The N95 is the mask every one wants because its the most effective however unless you are in the medical profession they are extremely hard to get
Closed Thread

Tags
mask, breathing, wearing, co2, bit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.