Carbon Dioxide Toxicity From Wearing A Mask.

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2020, 04:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aallbrand View Post
Please stay stop reading and believing everything you read.[/B] Yes its true the N95 Mask can reduce the level of Oxygen by about 20 % . If you are trained on the use its not a problem . Good or bad news The N95 is the mask every one wants because its the most effective however unless you are in the medical profession they are extremely hard to get
Actually no, it's not "the most effective." The most effective mask I've seen so far was a gas mask, the kind you find in the military that fits completely over the head, attached by a hose to an oxygen tank strapped to some guy's belt. That was hard-core. I saw that a few weeks ago at the store.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Somebody trying to win the getto lottery and looking for ambulance chasing starving lawyer to present the case
Old 05-06-2020, 09:01 PM

probably has to do with too long of use time, AND, not cleaning the masks, as required.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpascani View Post
probably has to do with too long of use time, AND, not cleaning the masks, as required.
Has nothing to do with either. Doctors and nurses have been wearing masks for up to 18 hours in a single day since all this started, and they're not keeling over from CO2 poisoning. Because of shortages, many of them are re-using the same masks they wore the day before. The ones that they are supposed to be using, the N95s, are specially fitted for each doctor and nurse. That means they are, for all intents and purposes, sealed to their skin the entire time they're wearing them. And - even THEY aren't keeling over from Co2 poisoning.

I wear a mask for 6-7 hours during a shift, with a half hour or hour break in the middle. Sometimes I wear a surgical mask. Sometimes a cloth mask. Sometimes one of those masks that you get as a patient in the doctor's office if you show up for an appointment and are coughing while sitting in the waiting room. I haven't suffered from Co2 poisoning.

I have trouble breathing through the masks, but I adjust, and after around 10 minutes of putting it on, the discomfort subsides and I adjust to it.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Yes, one can just see all the doctors and nurses wearing them all day, dropping dead.
My thoughts exactly. Doctors and nurses have been wearing masks for extended periods of time for years in operating rooms.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Why would anyone wear an N95 mask for several hours while driving a car? I read the entire article and that is exactly what the article said. Shaking my head if this is actually true.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,143 Times in 829 Posts

I have figured it out. The masks are being pushed by the same people who believe that excess CO2 is causing global climate change. See, if you can trap all that CO2 inside the body then it saves the environment from its catastrophic exhalation. And seemingly those opposing wearing masks, and you know who you are, all don't believe that climate change is human in origin.

Hi Gracie. Not in timeout
Old 05-08-2020, 12:10 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Why would anyone wear an N95 mask for several hours while driving a car? I read the entire article and that is exactly what the article said. Shaking my head if this is actually true.
I wear a N95 mask when and where I need a mask and only then. I walk outside in the fresh air, drive and of course within my residence wear no mask.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-08-2020, 12:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimandMe View Post
I’m assuming you watched the video then before replying? I also worked in the hospital system....I also said “although” she seemed credible...I don’t know what to believe anymore. So tired of people attacking others!
Wasn't criticizing you, you were just the messenger. I do have a problem with the person who put this misinformation video out there. Believe it not, there will be people who think it's true
Closed Thread

Tags
mask, breathing, wearing, co2, bit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.