Cardiologist (Electrophysiology)

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2018, 06:27 AM
Veteran member

I have had three catheter ablasions. The first one worked for about a year, but afib came back. I went to a different surgeon and he told me I had atrial FLUTTER, whatever that is. And he did another ablasion. That one didn't work at all. My regular cadiologist told me there was a Dr in Altemont Springs, Dr. Sambit Mondal, who he called, "The fixer". I let him do the third ablation and when he came into the recovery room he told me the first ablation was done properly, but where the ablasion was done, three of the four areas corrected had mended themselves so he made sure they would not again. It's been three years and it's been perfect so far.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:34 AM

I researched EPs in the area and found Dr. Jeffrey Williams at Lakeland Regional. He was recommended to me by the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. He is very knowledgeable and thorough in his evaluation of your particular condition and situation. Well worth the drive to Lakeland. Phone number (863) 687-1100, ext. 8949, talk to Sandy. You'll be glad you did.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:35 AM

Ablation for AFIB may or may not be the end all. Dr. Inamdar did mine a little over 3 years ago and haven't had much of a problem with my AFIB since but am still on a generic for Rythmol as a safety precaution. AFIB IS a serious condition, don't screw with it.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:15 AM

Dr. Inamdar. Located just outside The Villages off of 441 at the Heart and Vein Institute. Have not seen him yet – seeing him tomorrow – but highly recommended by my PCP. Impressive credentials.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:47 AM

My spouse has seen Dr. Hector Garcia for several years. He has AFIB himself and has been excellent. He has an office in Leesburg and an office at 1501 Hwy 441 Bldg 1000 across from the Sharon Morse building.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Oh my gosh, all of these Heart Drs. names. Don't you think all of these suggestions are just who this person like or has as a heart Dr. Of course they would say they are the best because that's who they're going to. I'm not picking on anybody for saying this Dr. is the best but

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Oh my gosh, all of these Heart Drs. names. Don't you think all of these suggestions are just who this person likes or has as a heart Dr. Of course they would say they are the best because that's who they're going to. I'm not picking on anybody for saying this Dr. is the best but
are they really the best! I know all of these Drs. probably are the best when you need someone in an emergency. If I really wanted a heart Dr. I would want to know who's the best if you had to be opened up. I know because I've had a 5 way emergency bypass myself on 11-22-12. If I had to be opened up & had time I would go to Plano, TX heart hospital. They're probably the best in the country. Out of all of these Drs. mentioned, who's the Dr. out of these?

Last edited by Moderator; 07-23-2018 at 08:09 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
Oh my gosh, all of these Heart Drs. names. Don't you think all of these suggestions are just who this person like or has as a heart Dr. Of course they would say they are the best because that's who they're going to.
I'm not picking on anybody for saying this Dr. is the best but are they really the best! I know all of these Drs. probably are the best when you need someone in an emergency.
If I really wanted a heart Dr. I would want to know who's the best if you had to be opened up. I know because I've had a 5 way emergency bypass myself on 11-22-12.
If I had to be opened up & had time I would go to Plano, TX heart hospital. They're probably the best in the country. Out of all of these Drs. mentioned, who's the Dr. out of these?
The OP of this thread has a need for an electrophysiologist to treat AFIB. Typically, AFIB is not an emergency. Typically, the procedure is performed through a catheter - the patient is not opened up.

I'm glad you received the care you needed for the condition you experienced.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj1210 View Post
Looking for a cardiologist with experience with AFIB. Outside the Villages is ok. Willing to travel as far as Tampa. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have AFib, and have been with Dr, Vallabhan for many years, He's very versed with the problem and current with all the treatments. He's located in Lady Lake on 441/27. Telephone # 750-2040..............Good Luck, Mike
Old 07-23-2018, 09:54 AM
Talking

Thank you all for your recommendations. I do appreciate them all.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:04 AM

My cardiologist is Dr. Robert Skotnicky. He is with The Villages Health and he is the BEST!!! I highly recommend him to you.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
The OP of this thread has a need for an electrophysiologist to treat AFIB. Typically, AFIB is not an emergency. Typically, the procedure is performed through a catheter - the patient is not opened up.

I'm glad you received the care you needed for the condition you experienced.
LOL, yea I got a little carried away with my comment, thanks for bring me back down to earth! I had a heart Cath. done when I was 40 yrs. old.
Closed Thread

Tags
cardiologist, tampa, tapatalk, pro, iphone

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.