Care Monitoring/call for help without monthly fees

Closed Thread
Old 04-24-2019, 12:29 PM
Default Care Monitoring/call for help without monthly fees

I wanted to post this to anyone interested. Clark Howard was talking about it:

Compare Our Medical Alert Systems

or found at ATScares.com

My parents had a similar device in the assisted living community in which they lived. It seemed to work very well for them, but most commercial ones have a high monthly monitoring cost.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

A 3 series Apple Watch works very well, even while swimming in the ocean. It’s always with you, even if you fall etc. Siri recognizes your voice.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
I wanted to post this to anyone interested. Clark Howard was talking about it:

Compare Our Medical Alert Systems

or found at ATScares.com

My parents had a similar device in the assisted living community in which they lived. It seemed to work very well for them, but most commercial ones have a high monthly monitoring cost.
Good info.

I think for a lot of us, way before we ever thought of needing it for ourselves, the commercial about 30 years ago that went..."I've fallen and I can't get up"...was the first time a lot of us ever even thought of such a situation.

And now.....
Old 04-26-2019, 12:39 AM
KittyKat
Smile

Thank you, TomC, for this timely posting. I received my Philips Lifeline Monitor on the 22nd & just couldn't bring myself to open it. I opened it today & because my phone plugs into my modem & the modem into the wall jack, I couldn't understand how to hook it up. It said not to use a splitter. So I planned on returning it. I have never heard of monitors that you could buy! I have no friends, my mom is in Mission Oaks and my sister lives near Orlando so I like the Guardian 911, which only dials 911. I'm going to check with CenturyLink to see how I can hook this up. I can't put the cordless phone answering machine in the spare bedroom since I sleep late & those robocalls & appt reminder calls start early & would wake me up. Thanks again!

** I meant router, not modem. I think I can put the router in the spare bedroom since it's close by.
** Thanks for the tip, PJOHNS2654. That's something else to consider.

Last edited by KittyKat; 04-26-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-26-2019, 04:44 AM
Default Assistance For those of us that live alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
Thank you, TomC, for this timely posting. I received my Philips Lifeline Monitor on the 22nd & just couldn't bring myself to open it. I opened it today & because my phone plugs into my modem & the modem into the wall jack, I couldn't understand how to hook it up. It said not to use a splitter. So I planned on returning it. I have never heard of monitors that you could buy! I have no friends, my mom is in Mission Oaks and my sister lives near Orlando so I like the Guardian 911, which only dials 911. I'm going to check with CenturyLink to see how I can hook this up. I can't put the cordless phone answering machine in the spare bedroom since I sleep late & those robocalls & appt reminder calls start early & would wake me up. Thanks again!

You can also contact Neighborhood Watch. They will call you every day to check on you. You can pick the days you want to be called and the time.
Closed Thread

Tags
monthly, lived, community, assisted, similar

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.