Cataract Surgery which lens to get

Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2021, 01:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I used Lake Eye. The Doctor and his staff were excellent. The scheduling department was a joke.

I was told Bargain Basement, then up one, two, or three notches at $1000 per notch. Speaking with the people in the waiting room helped me decide on Bargain Basement. Those were the only people who weren't having any trouble. I was told I may need cheaters for reading. It went great. After about a year I got something called floaters? Little spots that come and go. They hardly bother me anymore.

I'm very grateful for the skill my Doctor has because I don't like anything around my eyes.
Old 06-11-2021, 02:44 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Thank you all for your reports. I am getting my pre-op three hour exam next Tuesday. My ophthalmologist handed me a handful of pamphlets and told me she uses them all. Apparently various eye conditions such as retinal astigmatism suggest or eliminate specific lenses. The lens I mentioned in my last post is the one she thinks might be my best choice. But the comprehensive pre-op exam will give her much more data.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-11-2021, 03:42 PM
Gold member

Had Pan-Optix lenses put in by Ocala Eye.
Now have 20/20 vision near and far.
No floaters.
No more glasses.
Closed Thread

Tags
lens, cataract, cover, company, insurance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.