Hepatitis A Ocala case Facts

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2019, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,143 Times in 829 Posts
Default Hepatitis A Ocala case Facts

A recently closed thread about a case of Hepatitis A in an Ocala restaurant worker left hanging the question of whether as claimed by a poster that there had been 20 new cases of Hep A caused by exposure to this worker. It then sadly devolved into a "discussion" of whether undocumented immigrants are the cause of epidemics.

To answer the claim that this particular restaurant worker whose name and immigration status are completely unknown to the public has acted as a disease vector I emailed the Florida Dept of Health asking about the status of their investigation. You know getting FACTS. My bold and font change

Here is the reply

Quote:
Thank you for your inquiry regarding Hepatitis A in a Marion County food service facility. The inquiry was forwarded to me for a response. There was a food worker at a Zaxby’s in Ocala diagnosed with Hepatitis A in early June. Subsequent to an epidemiology and environmental investigation a patron notification was issued so persons who dined at the facility during the infectious period would have the opportunity to access the vaccine to prevent additional illnesses. There have been no Hepatitis A cases of illness linked to the Zaxby’s subsequent or prior to this single case in the person who was a food worker while infectious.

Regards,

Dean

Dean Bodager, RS, CFOI, MPA
Regional Environmental Epidemiologist
Bureau of Epidemiology
Division of Disease Control and Health Protection
Florida Department of Health
Old 07-04-2019, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Glad to know it was an isolated case!
Old 07-04-2019, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
A recently closed thread about a case of Hepatitis A in an Ocala restaurant worker left hanging the question of whether as claimed by a poster that there had been 20 new cases of Hep A caused by exposure to this worker. It then sadly devolved into a "discussion" of whether undocumented immigrants are the cause of epidemics.

To answer the claim that this particular restaurant worker whose name and immigration status are completely unknown to the public has acted as a disease vector I emailed the Florida Dept of Health asking about the status of their investigation. You know getting FACTS. My bold and font change

Here is the reply
Thank you for this post, and your desire for truth.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Thank you for this post, and your desire for truth.
Ditto.
Old 07-04-2019, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Thank you for getting the facts! Have a great 4th!
Old 07-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Here's a real fact: Cases of Hep A infection are rising. It is endemic, for example, in Michigan. Villagers, due to our average age, are a susceptible population. Rather than argue who, what, where, do the smart thing and get the vaccine.

I will add that my physician said a booster shot is also recommended about 4 to 6 months after the first shot. She also said that Hep A shots were moving to "must vaccinate" status, ie; it will be on the list of vaccines you need to keep up to date like TDAP, Flu, etc.
Old 07-09-2019, 12:21 PM

As I posted Me and a friend both had s
at same time.Somebody posted doesn't mean we got from some place.Total nonsense.Speaking to health dept investigator chances of that are slim to none.She is sure we got same place and pretty sure where.Only time we were together were at 3 places and could rule out two because they were so busy at the time that chances of no one else getting are very low.My wife was with at all 3 and at 2 ate the same thing the other one she had salad and us same meal prepared hers by different person
.Another falsehood is amount of people that are hospitalized.C.D.C. has interactive map with stats.Ky has over 4000 case with a large percentage that were in hospital.Currently 16 states with major outbreaks.Ohio and KY are the worse.
Old 08-02-2019, 05:21 PM

Currently C D C has 25 states with major outbreaks.Florida's Surgeon General today says it is a epidemic in the state.My current liver doctor said he has more people in Hospital then ever in his career.My liver numbers have not dropped as yet and its been 2 mos . Also if You go to CDC"s web site about 55% who get it end up in the hosital. Don't mess around ask your Dr if you should get the shot.
Closed Thread

Tags
hepatitis, worker, case, ocala, health

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.