CBD - topical use for aches/pains

Closed Thread
Old 12-30-2019, 07:54 AM

Buy from a reputable source. I have been using it topically(strongest I can get) and I love it. It takes your pain away. It even helps with my migraines.
Old 12-30-2019, 08:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Over the counter snake oil
Old 12-30-2019, 09:48 AM

I used a CBD spray in the past and it worked very well. Unfortunately, I couldn't find it anymore and bought CBDOL stick. It works like a roll-on. It doesn't seem to work any better than lido-creme products.
Old 12-30-2019, 10:32 AM

So many choices and even more disinformation when it comes to CBD products. Without going into a book of information it’s best to go direct to a cultivar who makes there own boutique brands and hopefully are organic. Simple google search will give you lots of options. There are a few levels of purity of product that you can buy that are all derived from a hemp plant not from hemp seed.
Starting with Crude oil, which has all the Cannabanoids, lipids, fats, wax’s and terpines. Probably the best route if your wanting the most natural product. Check to make sure it’s being extracted with Co2 preferably because it strips both polar and non polar parts of the plant. Most big mfg’s Use ethanol as the solvent because it’s cheaper but won’t bring a lot of the terpines which in my opinion is not as pure. Usually will come only in Gel tabs or syringe.

Second would be products made from distillates. More refined then above to get to a purer higher % of cbd. This would be your tinctures, vapes, gummies etc... these are a lot harder to regulate as far as Milligrams dosage because there is no real science into making each dose identical yet. I call them marketing sku’s

The final would be pure cbd isolate. Because they are pure they are only in crystal form. Most wont buy this unless your looking to make your own products.

With regards to all the above products if the company you are looking at does not have current testing for pesticides, toxicity, microbial and plant genetics I would look elsewhere. Good companies have all this info available per GMP requirements.

Cheers
Old 12-30-2019, 11:03 AM
Veteran member

My Villages doctor sent me to The Green Apple store. Corner of Rolling Acres Road & 466. He said to get the bottle from Colorado in the strongest strength. He said I could get cheaper oil on line but it would be a crap shoot. Neighbor across street gets his at the same place.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:23 PM
Default Cbd

My opinion: CBD is nothing but snake oil.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanst View Post
Question....have you ever used it?
Old 12-31-2019, 05:43 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanst View Post
Evidently my doctor and I think you are wrong!
Old 12-31-2019, 09:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graspher View Post
That’s very interesting - thanks for sharing!
i ate an entire bag of gummies and did not get any help from it. IF you are retired & not worried about drug testing, a thc remedy may be worth a try. i suffered chronic pain from arthritis from a young age, & it was the only thing to help me get out of bed & ready for the day. when used wisely according to directions, it can do wonders. good luck
Old 01-01-2020, 09:22 AM
Gold member

It did nothing for me except waste my money
Old 01-01-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I agree with this post! Green Roads is a good one but there are 2 shops here where you can actually speak with someone about their product. One CBD is on 441/27 near the Lowes and Beall's. It's in the strip mall...look for the signs. There is another shop in Lady Lake near the library...also in a strip mall. It's near a Rehab. place. Can't remember the brands of these two of these but I've used both. The creams do help with pain and the sublingual tinctures and gummies also helped me with sleep etc. There is NO TCH in these!! People tend to mix them up with the Medical M.J. and you won't need an RX for these as you do with that.
Thanks for those locations!
Old 01-01-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
So many choices and even more disinformation when it comes to CBD products. Without going into a book of information it’s best to go direct to a cultivar who makes there own boutique brands and hopefully are organic. Simple google search will give you lots of options. There are a few levels of purity of product that you can buy that are all derived from a hemp plant not from hemp seed.
Starting with Crude oil, which has all the Cannabanoids, lipids, fats, wax’s and terpines. Probably the best route if your wanting the most natural product. Check to make sure it’s being extracted with Co2 preferably because it strips both polar and non polar parts of the plant. Most big mfg’s Use ethanol as the solvent because it’s cheaper but won’t bring a lot of the terpines which in my opinion is not as pure. Usually will come only in Gel tabs or syringe.

Second would be products made from distillates. More refined then above to get to a purer higher % of cbd. This would be your tinctures, vapes, gummies etc... these are a lot harder to regulate as far as Milligrams dosage because there is no real science into making each dose identical yet. I call them marketing sku’s

The final would be pure cbd isolate. Because they are pure they are only in crystal form. Most wont buy this unless your looking to make your own products.

With regards to all the above products if the company you are looking at does not have current testing for pesticides, toxicity, microbial and plant genetics I would look elsewhere. Good companies have all this info available per GMP requirements.

Cheers
Most informative - thank you for taking the time to post - very helpful!
Old 01-01-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Sized View Post
My Villages doctor sent me to The Green Apple store. Corner of Rolling Acres Road & 466. He said to get the bottle from Colorado in the strongest strength. He said I could get cheaper oil on line but it would be a crap shoot. Neighbor across street gets his at the same place.
I keep hearing good things about the Apple - thanks for confirming!
Old 01-02-2020, 12:51 AM

I used the cream on my knee and it fixed my knee pain. I know I still need a knee replacement but not getting it until my knee completely collapses now. It took about 3 months using the cream daily for the pain to completely go away. I also take a cbd capsule everyday from CBD ( Cannabidiol ) Oil and Hemp Oil Tincture Products | Charlotte's Web™️ because I have had back pain for 27 years. My pain is now completely gone and if I miss my morning CB pill I KNOW it by the evening. The CBD mainly works on inflammatory issues for me.
Old 01-02-2020, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ss6247 View Post
I used the cream on my knee and it fixed my knee pain. I know I still need a knee replacement but not getting it until my knee completely collapses now. It took about 3 months using the cream daily for the pain to completely go away. I also take a cbd capsule everyday from CBD ( Cannabidiol ) Oil and Hemp Oil Tincture Products | Charlotte's Web™️ because I have had back pain for 27 years. My pain is now completely gone and if I miss my morning CB pill I KNOW it by the evening. The CBD mainly works on inflammatory issues for me.
That’s impressive - thanks for sharing!

Tags
cbd, muscles, inquiring, buying, strength

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.