CBDa helps fight COVID-19 - Oregon State University

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 01-14-2022, 12:26 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Exclamation CBDa helps fight COVID-19 - Oregon State University

CBDa helps fight COVID-19 - Oregon State University

Shop CBDa NOW!

CORVALLIS, Ore. (Gray News) – Researchers at Oregon State University have identified hemp compounds that show the ability to prevent the virus that causes COVID-19 from entering human cells.

According to the university, a pair of cannabinoid acids bind to the COVID-19 spike protein, which stops the virus from infecting people.

OSU said this “spike protein is the same drug target used in COVID-19 vaccines and antibody therapy.”

A disease or virus follows a specific process for infecting a person. A drug target is described as any molecule critical to that process that can be disrupted to stop infection or progression.

“These cannabinoid acids are abundant in hemp and in many hemp extracts,” said Richard van Breemen, a researcher with Oregon State’s Global Hemp Innovation Center. “They are not controlled substances like THC, the psychoactive ingredient in marijuana, and have a good safety profile in humans.”

Van Breemen explained the research showed the hemp compounds were equally effective against the alpha and beta variants of COVID-19.

“Our data show CBDA and CBGA are effective against the two variants we looked at, and we hope that trend will extend to other existing and future variants,” van Breemen said.

OSU invented a chemical screening technique for the study led by van Breeman.

The research team screened a range of botanicals used as dietary supplements, including red clover, wild yam, hops and three species of licorice, the university reported.

“Cell entry inhibitors, like the acids from hemp, could be used to prevent SARS-CoV-2 infection and also to shorten infections by preventing virus particles from infecting human cells,” van Breemen said, adding compounds that block virus-receptor interaction has been helpful for patients with other viral infections.

Copyright 2022 Gray Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved.

Shop CBDa NOW!

The Villages Florida
Old 01-14-2022, 05:02 PM
Sage
Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton
Thanked 7,288 Times in 2,252 Posts

CBDa helps fight COVID-19

Of course it does!

And those selling vitamin infusions claim those fight COVID

And those selling lead paint claim that fights COVID as well

Nothing like treatment with an agenda.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:28 PM

CBD cures impotence too. Rub it on for 20 minutes twice a day.
Old 01-15-2022, 12:38 PM
Veteran member

CBD - You can GET COVID but you just don't care that you got it.
Old 01-15-2022, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,162 Times in 1,362 Posts

I can't for the life of me understand how so many have suffered or died from Covid when all the TOTV sponsors have had all these cures for ages!

Tags
cbda, hemp, covid-19, university, van

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.