Changes to The Villages Medicare Advantage 1 (HMO) Plan for 2021

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2020, 11:12 AM
Default Changes to The Villages Medicare Advantage 1 (HMO) Plan for 2021

I own a home in Connecticut and I am covered by United Healthcare (HMO Plan 3). The plan includes the "Passport" option, which provides medical coverage when I vacation in Florida for several months.

I received a notice from United Healthcare regarding changes for my plan in 2021. The Passport option is no longer covered, instead my plan includes the "United Healthcare Medicare National Network". In addition, in 2020 I was able to enroll for dental coverage, pay for one month, have dental work done, and then disenroll, thereby paying for one month of coverage at $43. In 2021, United is changing dental so that it must be paid for at $45 per month for the entire year (12 x $45 = $540).

I purchased a home in Ocala this year and I'm coming down in November and will file to make the Ocala property my permanent residence.

I'm looking at the United Healthcare The Villages Advantage 1 (HMO) plan, which included the Passport option, at least in 2020.

Can someone tell me if The Villages Passport option is changing for 2021? And if yes, how is it changing?

Also, in 2020, The Villages Advantage 1 plan included preventative dental services at no charge. Will that be true in 2021?

I'm confused about when/how to change my insurance coverage. My plan is to call United Healthcare and invoke the Passport option when I leave at the end of October for Florida. Then, I will enroll in a plan offered in Florida.

Am I headed the right way?
Old 09-30-2020, 11:56 AM
Veteran member

The UHC The Villages plan for 2021 does include passport. I don't know about UHC plans but here is what is changing between the 2020 and the 2021 UHC The Villages advangate plans

https://www.medicare.uhc.com/alphadm...df/4802878.pdf
Old 09-30-2020, 02:55 PM
Sage

I would speak to a UHCAP representative to better have the questions answered. As another person said...passport is included but certain counties in states might not be covered. Still, I would have that asked to someone who can comment correctly.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:36 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default Dental coverage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstonelady View Post
I own a home in Connecticut and I am covered by United Healthcare (HMO Plan 3). The plan includes the "Passport" option, which provides medical coverage when I vacation in Florida for several months.

I received a notice from United Healthcare regarding changes for my plan in 2021. The Passport option is no longer covered, instead my plan includes the "United Healthcare Medicare National Network". In addition, in 2020 I was able to enroll for dental coverage, pay for one month, have dental work done, and then disenroll, thereby paying for one month of coverage at $43. In 2021, United is changing dental so that it must be paid for at $45 per month for the entire year (12 x $45 = $540).

I purchased a home in Ocala this year and I'm coming down in November and will file to make the Ocala property my permanent residence.

I'm looking at the United Healthcare The Villages Advantage 1 (HMO) plan, which included the Passport option, at least in 2020.

Can someone tell me if The Villages Passport option is changing for 2021? And if yes, how is it changing?

Also, in 2020, The Villages Advantage 1 plan included preventative dental services at no charge. Will that be true in 2021?

I'm confused about when/how to change my insurance coverage. My plan is to call United Healthcare and invoke the Passport option when I leave at the end of October for Florida. Then, I will enroll in a plan offered in Florida.

So sorry to hear that your activities to rip off the dental plan has been caught and will no longer work. perhaps for honest people their rates won;t go up.. Are you headed the right way ?? No .. you might want to stay in a "free cheese" blue state
Old 10-01-2020, 02:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,299 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstonelady View Post

I suggest you contact a UHC agent. Through personnel experience for 2020 I see a couple items you claim that don't agree with what I was told:

1 - last year due to late enrollment you were able to change plans through Jan 30 2020. That was a one time deal I was told thus you found a loophole for dentist that doesn't exist in a normal enrollment year
2 - The plan you get has to be from the area of your primary residence. You can not pick and choose simply because you have two houses.

Again don't take my word on this. Do the proper research. Just repeating what I was told. Also thanks for showing us the new plan. My plan for 2020 had $5900 in network OOP and $10K out of network OOP. Unfortunately I tripped the $5900 this year. I have the Advantage Choice PPO. That plan covered me under the UHC network not the old passport. My entire seasonal state (NY) under "the UHC network" was covered. Not even a phone call was required to tell UHC I was in my seasonal area. Maybe good luck but 100% of several hundred thousand dollars of bills were in all network. I scanned the new HMO plan you showed at $2900 OOP (plus cheaper daily hospital co pay) and don't see why that won't work as good as or even better than my 2020 plan. I be giving my agent a call - thanks.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,299 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I suggest you contact a UHC agent. Through personnel experience for 2020 I see a couple items you claim that don't agree with what I was told:

1 - last year due to late enrollment you were able to change plans through Jan 30 2020. That was a one time deal I was told thus you found a loophole for dentist that doesn't exist in a normal enrollment year
2 - The plan you get has to be from the area of your primary residence. You can not pick and choose simply because you have two houses.

Again don't take my word on this. Do the proper research. Just repeating what I was told. Also thanks for showing us the new plan. My plan for 2020 had $5900 in network OOP and $10K out of network OOP. Unfortunately I tripped the $5900 this year. I have the Advantage Choice PPO. That plan covered me under the UHC network not the old passport. My entire seasonal state (NY) under "the UHC network" was covered. Not even a phone call was required to tell UHC I was in my seasonal area. Maybe good luck but 100% of several hundred thousand dollars of bills were in all network. I scanned the new HMO plan you showed at $2900 OOP (plus cheaper daily hospital co pay) and don't see why that won't work as good as or even better than my 2020 plan. I be giving my agent a call - thanks.
If you go on UHC website and compare plans be sure to move the digital slider to "on" to compare for out of network coverage.
Old 12-20-2020, 01:47 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to chalpm

Thanks for posting this link...I couldn't find my copy of the changes for 2021 and was happy to see this post.
Closed Thread

Tags
plan, united, healthcare, option, passport

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.