Chiropractic search

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2019, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin and Luci View Post
We go to Legacy, ask for Dr Chris, he is a great guy. He will listen to you and adjust as needed. No set plan/program as some do. He will do what needs to be done, and if you think you are good to go after one or two visits so be it.
I had a totally opposite experience. I went to Legacy Chiropractic at Laurel Manor and saw Dr. Chris Kessler in Oct 2017 for lower back pain. My Villages doctor had already ordered an MRI from Lake Imaging, Dr. Chris was able to pull the MRI up on a TV screen and show how my L1 thru L5 was degenerative and said the vertebrate were rubbing on each other and causing pain. He said they had a ten week program that was 3 days a week and cost $3200. If I paid all at once up front they would discount the plan to $3,000. At the end of this initial consultation they charged me $75 even though their ad said it was free.

At that point my Villages Doctor (Dr. Raquet @ Brownwood) had recommended I go see a back surgeon in Ocala, so I was ready to try anything else. I said, I'll give you half, $1500 now and if I see results I'll finish the plan.

For three weeks on Mon-Wed-Fri I went to Legacy. A tech put me on a table and while laying face down the tech put a large belt around mid-section and connected it to a pulley which lifted my middle up and down about six inches. After ten minutes they sat me in a chair in the hallway and connected electrodes to my lower back and a tech turned on juice until I couldn't take it anymore and ran the electricity through my back for 4 minutes. After that I saw one of the three chiropractors who put me on an adjustment table and laid me on my side and cracked my back. End of treatment, about 30 minutes total time.

After 3 weeks and 9 sessions and midway through November I felt no better. I asked Dr. Chris if an inversion table might be something I should try. He said, it won't do you any good. I said, I'm not feeling any better. On Saturday I looked at my credit card account and saw they had charged me another $1500 for a total of $3,000 after only 3 weeks. I called the office and told them to cancel my remaining treatments and I wanted a refund for the balance of 7 weeks. Dr. Chris got on the phone and tried to tell me I needed to give them the full ten weeks and I should of expressed more loudly that I wasn't getting better. I told him, I've already decided. After ten days I received a check in the mail for $1515.

A week after I bought a Teeter Inversion Table from Dick's Sporting Goods and used it through Dec and January. By the end of January I was able to go grocery shopping, walk through the mall and use the treadmill at the gym for as long as I wanted. In October I wasn't able to do any of these things. All the back pain was gone. Two years later I'm still using the table and all the pain has stayed away.
Old 11-14-2019, 04:54 PM
Veteran member

What a remarkable story, John W. and congrats on finally arriving at a satisfactory ending.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:31 AM
Sage

For years I've utilized chiropractic for lower back (and other) issues. I've never paid for a "package" and never would. Here, I go to Josh Orcutt whose office is in the TLC Bldg. by the Leesburg Library. My insurance pays a portion and I pay a small amount for each visit. He has done a great job!! It's always good to have a medical dr's evaluation as something may be going on that needs other attention, ie. surgery or P.T., I've done both. I won't go through the steroid shots ever again---they didn't do their job.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:34 AM
Veteran member

Thank you, NotGolfer. I'm presently looking at all options. Appreciate your thoughts.
Closed Thread

Tags
chiropractic, members, family, send, question

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.