Cidp

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2017, 09:20 PM
Default Cidp

Recently diagnosed with CIDP. Any support groups in the area?
Old 11-16-2017, 05:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Looks like this one had an overwhelming response. I suspect that outside the other dozen or so doctors on TOTV and a few people with this disease, no one even knows what Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculopathy is, and I'm not so sure about the other doctors---after all, unless your a neurologist, or in primary care with a few patients that had this condition, you would have no reason to know it even exists. People are more aware of the acute form---not usually referred to as AIDP but rather Guillain-Barre syndrome.
I don't know of any support groups, but clearly your diagnosis was made by a neurologist with confirmation by MRI and EMG. Perhaps he/she knows of such a group.
Old 11-16-2017, 07:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Looks like this one had an overwhelming response. I suspect that outside the other dozen or so doctors on TOTV and a few people with this disease, no one even knows what Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyradiculopathy is, and I'm not so sure about the other doctors---after all, unless your a neurologist, or in primary care with a few patients that had this condition, you would have no reason to know it even exists. People are more aware of the acute form---not usually referred to as AIDP but rather Guillain-Barre syndrome.
I don't know of any support groups, but clearly your diagnosis was made by a neurologist with confirmation by MRI and EMG. Perhaps he/she knows of such a group.
Support - GBS/CIDP Foundation International

maybe this will help
Old 12-04-2017, 01:16 PM

Thank you--will contact them.
Closed Thread

Tags
cidp, area, groups, recently, diagnosed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.