Dental Implant

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2018, 01:03 PM
Platinum member
Default Dental Implant

I'm in need of a dental implant. I love my dentist, but they seem to be a bit expensive in the price they quote. Is there someone here in The Villages that you recommend? About what do they charge? Thanks.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

What were you quoted? (per implant)
Old 02-22-2018, 05:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Good Luck!?! Most want 6K or more just for 1. After you pay to have the tooth removed the stud in and then the tooth added months later after the bone has secured the stud to the jaw bone.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:30 PM
Platinum member

Contact Dr. Bland at Dental Implants of Ocala. He was a couple of thousand less that I was quoted here in TV. (352) 553-0039
Dental Implants of Ocala + General Dentistry | Dentist Ocala FL
Old 02-25-2018, 10:02 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Contact Dr. Bland at Dental Implants of Ocala. He was a couple of thousand less that I was quoted here in TV. (352) 553-0039
Dental Implants of Ocala + General Dentistry | Dentist Ocala FL
Thanks!
Old 02-26-2018, 08:24 AM
Gold member

Check out First Choice Dentistry
Old 02-26-2018, 08:47 AM

If you are willing to make a little more drive and take a little more time you could go to the University of FL Dental school in Gainesville. Wife had an implant done $1600 start to finish. I know what you are thinking, some student practicing on you. Wrong!!!! All oral surgeons in 5-6 year of specialization with assistance from multiple dentist with PHD's. It took a while to work thru the process, about 6 months but the results are fantastic and there were multiple group discussions on the best way for the work to be done. Everything is top rate. This from a couple that flew back to TX for our dentist for 3 yrs due to dishonest dentist we encountered around villages. Also a beautiful campus and some great restaurants.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
If you are willing to make a little more drive and take a little more time you could go to the University of FL Dental school in Gainesville. Wife had an implant done $1600 start to finish. I know what you are thinking, some student practicing on you. Wrong!!!! All oral surgeons in 5-6 year of specialization with assistance from multiple dentist with PHD's. It took a while to work thru the process, about 6 months but the results are fantastic and there were multiple group discussions on the best way for the work to be done. Everything is top rate. This from a couple that flew back to TX for our dentist for 3 yrs due to dishonest dentist we encountered around villages. Also a beautiful campus and some great restaurants.
I tried them for an implant and was rejected--twice. I don't think my case was interesting enough.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insurance Solutions View Post
I was impressed with Belleview Dental. Used them about three years ago to have three teeth extracted and two implants placed. They were pleasant people and seemed to be in line pricewise.
One thing I would do before getting any implants is to go out and get yourself a dental insurance plan that will at least pay for 25% of the cost. I was not aware at the time that a person could, for example, purchase a plan to be effective on March 1st and have only a few days "waiting period" for implants ( and other major dental costs ) to be covered. Cost of the insurance would be reasonable ( let's say $40 per month ) and you could cancel it anytime you wanted to. Seems like my bill came to around $6,000 and the insurance would have paid $1,500 of that cost ( 25% ).
I have a "link" whereby you can contact an insurance company online and get all your questions answered.
Could you provide the link? And the name of the insurance company with small waiting period that will partially cover implants? Mine would not cover anything on my implant because I could have had a bridge instead. I thought they should have at least covered what the bridge would have cost, but no. And my monthly premium is a lot more than $40, plus it keeps going up. I would like to change insurance companies or just drop the whole thing and cover my own costs.

Tags
dental, implant, villages, recommend, charge

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.