Colony Care Center

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2013, 12:31 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by elevatorman View Post
One more thing that should be mentioned, the shingles shot is $250.00 I am told medicare will not pay for it. If you plan to get it see if your ins will cover it.
Just want to clarify that this is true except for those who have Part D medicare drug coverage. For NYS retirees, the Empire Plan covers the cost for the shingles shot. I got the shingles shot myself last month and can say that I haven't gotten a single urge yet to get up onto the roof for know what!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-26-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
I've attached a copy of the Villages Map issued in December 2012 showing the current and planned locations of the Health Care Centers. Also, I believe they are planning on expanding outside The Villages to the surrounding area eventually, probably not until the the current locations are complete at least.
Great, thanks alot.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I've attached a copy of the Villages Map issued in December 2012 showing the current and planned locations of the Health Care Centers. Also, I believe they are planning on expanding outside The Villages to the surrounding area eventually, probably not until the the current locations are complete at least.
Looks like an awfully big area to be served by the Lake Sumter facility.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
It might seem like that by looking at it from the prespective of the layout of the centers on the map, but they are probably planning on assigning Villages on the basis of their populations. As for the LSL center, the distance for their prospective patients would have to probably travel at least the same distance or more if they're going to a practice outside the Villages Health Care Centers.

Here's another way of looking at things if you're considering the capacity of the centers to handle the population. Based on the figures I've heard about, if you take the number of centers planned (7) and multiply them by the anticipated number of doctors at each center (8) and then the maximum load capacity per doctor (IIRC 2,500) you'll find a potential capacity for 140,000 patients.

Seeing that TV has just passed the 100,000 resident mark and build out not being far off, and considering that you'll never see anywhere near 100% of the residents joining or participating in the VHCC's, I don't think that there is any foreseeable problem for anyone who wants to join the system to eventually do so.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:10 PM

Elevatorman, what village do you live in?
Old 03-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimivillager View Post
Elevatorman, what village do you live in?
Duval
Old 03-26-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragman View Post
I think based on the map several villages south of 466A should have been assigned to those health centers yet to be built down there. I think what is going on is since all those people are moving in TV is trying to capture them before thay select someone else.

Seems like Amelia should have been assigned to Colony because I don't think any other health center would be closer.

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 03-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Red face Sylvia Wallace was my Pa before you left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I go to the Sharon Morse building with Sylvia Wallace. I'm very happy !!!

Could you give me number to get in touch to see if they still aren't taking Aetna?
Old 03-27-2013, 08:41 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Here's another way of looking at things if you're considering the capacity of the centers to handle the population. Based on the figures I've heard about, if you take the number of centers planned (7) and multiply them by the anticipated number of doctors at each center (8) and then the maximum load capacity per doctor (IIRC 2,500) you'll find a potential capacity for 140,000 patients.

That does not match what we were told during our orientation visit or what is in the Care Center brochure. The info we were given was that there would be eight doctors at each care center and the maximum number of patients per doctor would be 1,250. They did mention the 2,500 number but that supposedly is a national average for doctors.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:14 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk7951 View Post
That does not match what we were told during our orientation visit or what is in the Care Center brochure. The info we were given was that there would be eight doctors at each care center and the maximum number of patients per doctor would be 1,250. They did mention the 2,500 number but that supposedly is a national average for doctors.
You are correct. I indicated IIRC (If I remember correctly) on the 2,500 and unfortunately I remembered incorrectly. Sorry about that! To be sure, I did go back looking for where I had seen the figures just to confirm if I was right or wrong and after about 20 minutes of looking I did find it on their FAQ page.

While looking I did see where the number of doctors could vary above or below the 8 count and also found a few statements where their could eventually be as many of 10 centers within The Villages. I guess they won't decide on building more than the current 7 planned until they see if the demand warrants more, or... could saying up to 10 be a slip that there just might be further expansion of TV than we currently believe or are being told? Hummm, just thinking; guess only time will tell!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Platinum member

Does anyone know the address of the future health care center in Sumter? Or where it will be located?
Tampa, FL
Old 03-27-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
Does anyone know the address of the future health care center in Sumter? Or where it will be located?
Best source of good info is their web site: The Villages Health

I asked a question of them via email and got a good response within 24 hours.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:58 PM

We are about to pick our doctor at Colony Care Center. Any feedback from those who have already been there on the specific doctors?
Old 04-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Veteran member

We have Dr Michael Clifford and are very happy with him. He picked up on a couple of things that my last 2 doctors had missed. We are happy with the clinic.

I suspect that they included the new areas precisely because most folks would be new without doctors. Easier to convince someone without a doctor here to try it than someone who already has a relationship with a doc.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:12 AM
Platinum member

Has the Health Care Center in Sumter been started yet? Where is the location?
Tampa, FL
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.