Colony care center-Dr David Jordahl

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Default Colony care center-Dr David Jordahl

Has anyone had any experience with the doctors at Colony care center? We have heard that Dr. Jordahl is very good. There is 6 doctors in this practice.
Thanks for any help.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:19 AM
Gold member

We became patients of Dr Jordahl back in April and have been very pleased with him and the Colony Care Center. He is much more receptive to the patient then our former doctor was. I had a follow-up x-ray done there yesterday and a Dr Riley called me in the afternoon with the results because Dr Jordahl was off.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Veteran member

Myself and wife real happy with him
Old 08-03-2013, 06:51 PM

Me too. He's great and we're so lucky to have him here.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:18 PM

Anyone have experience with Dr. Noel? We have an appointment coming up to choose our doctors and I am thinking of maybe choosing her but would appreciate more information or reviews.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:08 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Michiganders View Post
Anyone have experience with Dr. Noel? We have an appointment coming up to choose our doctors and I am thinking of maybe choosing her but would appreciate more information or reviews.
I like Dr. Noel. If I have a concern, can email,her. She is back with me within 24 hours.
Tampa, FL
Old 08-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Default Dr Noel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Former Michiganders View Post
I am a patient of Dr. Noels, she is a great Dr. and person, she really cares.
p.s. I am from Michigan too !
Old 08-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avista View Post
I like Dr. Noel. If I have a concern, can email,her. She is back with me within 24 hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by babs1199 View Post
I am a patient of Dr. Noels, she is a great Dr. and person, she really cares.
p.s. I am from Michigan too !
I concur with both of these posts and what was stated except for one thing... I'm not also from Michigan! My wife and I both see Dr Noel and are very pleased that we found someone we like and trust like we do with her.

On Friday I had to go in for a quick appointment for a problem I was having and had to see a PA since it was Dr. Noel's day off. The PA was very nice, which I've found all people at the center to be so far, and she had to call in an MD for assistance in determining a treatment. His name was Dr. Riley who was originally from Long Island NY. I found him to be very good and likeable, and I would chose him in a nano-second for my physician except for two things. One, I already have a Dr I like and secondly that he is working at Colony only until the Pinnelas Center it's completed. For anyone looking for Pinnelas I would recommend their considering Dr. Riley.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 08-22-2013, 11:17 AM
Send a message via AIM to Lscahill

Has anyone had experience with Dr. Hocutt at Villages Healthcare?
Old 08-22-2013, 04:04 PM

We just chose our MD for our upcoming initial office visit in Sept with Dr Reilly and we were told that three of the docs were full already. Now I can't remember their names but I am certain if you call you will be told which docs you can no longer choose.

I think we will be pleased with Colony and with our new doc selection.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:02 AM

Sometimes two people just don't hit it off. That happened to me with Dr. Holcutt. Must have been a personality conflict but I discussed the matter with the Colony office and switched to Dr. Jordahl. Honestly, I'm just ok with The Villages Health Care System. I expected a lot more. Three experiences - First was a huge personality conflict, second was very long wait after the diagnoses and third was another long wait after diagnosis. Very busy office. Most of the work was done by the physician's assistant. Two visits I had differences with their doctors VS my other doctor's medication prescriptions. I tried their recommendations for 3 months and went back to my other doctor and his recommendations and now I am fine. When Sumter Landings office opens I will try that location since it is closer and made a final decision.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:35 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroddave View Post
Sometimes two people just don't hit it off. That happened to me with Dr. Holcutt. Must have been a personality conflict but I discussed the matter with the Colony office and switched to Dr. Jordahl. Honestly, I'm just ok with The Villages Health Care System. I expected a lot more. Three experiences - First was a huge personality conflict, second was very long wait after the diagnoses and third was another long wait after diagnosis. Very busy office. Most of the work was done by the physician's assistant. Two visits I had differences with their doctors VS my other doctor's medication prescriptions. I tried their recommendations for 3 months and went back to my other doctor and his recommendations and now I am fine. When Sumter Landings office opens I will try that location since it is closer and made a final decision.
How unfortunate you had the experiences you did at the Colony Health Center. My wife and I have been fortunate to have had quite the opposite experience, a positive one.

In the many times I've been there, I don't think any wait time has exceeded 10 minutes and the last two times there was called in before my scheduled time. Even if there were a longer than usual wait, that wouldn't bother me because I know that they spend more than is the allotted with a patient, if necessary & possible. I have personally been with a provider for more than an hour on a half-hour appointment.

My primary from the git-go has been Dr. Noel and she still is since moving to Pinellas as Medical Director. We've loved her and I haven't been disappointed with any other Dr's or PA's I've mostly seen PA's and I have no problem with that whatsoever. In fact one of the PA's, karen Doyle called in Dr. Reilly (soon to be Medical Director at LSL center) when I had a really bad case of hives. They ranged from above my knees up into my hair line. Very itchy!!! The PA, that was fairly close to my own age, told me that my hives are the worst case she has ever seen in her many years in the profession.

As for Dr. Reilly, if I didn't already have and love Dr. Noel, I would want Dr. Reilly in a nano-second. He was not only personable, but very knowledgeable too. The steroid shot he gave me and medication to follow up on (presnisone) did the job and the hives were nearly 100% gone within 48 hours! I'm pretty certain the hives were triggered by a new medication I had started - Duloxetine (Cymbalta). If anyone is on Cymbalta and you ever start getting itchy rash like spots, (with or without Cymbalta) call your Dr. immediately. I waited until it got severe and could have been spared some of what I went through.

HRDave, I could go on with even more positive experiences, but my typing fingers are on the verge of having to make yet another appointment at the center. So I'll end this post by wishing you the best of luck in settling in with a doctor you like (wherever) and feel comfortable with, and I would highly recommend Dr. Reilly except for one thing... his patient card is currently full!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-16-2014, 10:51 PM

Can anyone recommend a good Dr. outside TV Care Centers? We have heard
some very disappointing things from people and would like to check out some
others prior to settling on a new permanent Dr.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:52 AM

If you want a lady dr go toDr Desai on 466 near Rolling Acres Rd
Old 02-17-2014, 07:53 AM
Platinum member

I've been assigned to Dr. Betts at Colony Care Center and I'm very pleased with him too.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.