Connect Hearing

Connect Hearing

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Connect Hearing
  #1  
Old 01-31-2019, 05:01 PM
Bryant Bryant is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 419
Default Connect Hearing

Anyone have experience with Connect Hearing in the Winn Dixie place, but closer to Publix? Thank you.
__________________
The Villages (Polo Ridge; Piedmont), Toms River, Brick, Spring Lake Heights, NJ and Bronx, NY
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 02-01-2019, 07:25 AM
ureout ureout is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 483
Default

No... but where ever you decide to go make sure they carry all the top brands of hearing aids..and test out a few different ones.. each brand usually has a unique difference in your ability to hear

if connect hearing doesn't work our for you try Express Hearing
541 Fieldcrest Dr, The Villages, FL 32162 I've worn HA's for 8 yrs. and have used 3 different HA stores and found Express Hearing to be honest and they work hard to get the correct settings for your hearing needs
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 02-01-2019, 09:44 AM
gatorbill1 gatorbill1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Bonnybrook
Posts: 27
Default

I guarantee if you go to any hearing place to have hearing tested - you WILL need a hearing aid - try someplace that just tests, not sell
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-01-2019, 09:59 AM
Dan9871 Dan9871 is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 568
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
I guarantee if you go to any hearing place to have hearing tested - you WILL need a hearing aid - try someplace that just tests, not sell
I went to a Villages Health a number of times over 4 years for complete hearing tests by an audiologist, initial test and follow ups, but was not recommend to get nor sold hearing aids.

Finally after about 4 years of follow ups they finally told me I needed hearing aids and sold them to me... and they were right, the difference with the aids is amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-01-2019, 10:03 AM
villagetinker's Avatar
villagetinker villagetinker is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Village of Pinellas
Posts: 4,778
Default

I would go to an audiologist first to get an independent baseline hearing test and their opinion as to the type of hearing aid they would recommend. Hearing aids run from maybe $800 each to over $4000 each. Personally I found the lower tech over the ear ones worked very well for me, however I know people that have the very expensive ones with the phone interface, etc.
IMHO, since this was my first hearing aid, I went with the lower cost unit, and figured if I needed the capabilities, I could always upgrade, as I recall, HearUSA offered a trade in policy for the more expensive units.
__________________
Pennsylvania, for 60+ years, most recently, Allentown, now TV.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-01-2019, 10:57 AM
graciegirl's Avatar
graciegirl graciegirl is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: From Ohio, now happily live in Laurel Valley
Posts: 35,619
Default

I have worn earring aids for almost forty years. Initially I was diagnosed and fitted by an excellent audiologist.

My current hearing aids help me more and are quite a bit less expensive than the prior ones. I cannot thank the technician at Villages Ear on 466 enough. They sell all of the finest hearing aids and are very good at fine tuning them and are reasonable in price. Our company insurance had a "deal" with an excellent hearing aid company that had their selected "dealer" nearby. That other office aggressively called me nonstop. The Villages Ear gave us the same price as the "deal". I went in to talk to them and I was very defensive at first. All hearing aids are sold for a HUGE margin. I must say that the man who fitted me who has done it for decades knew what he was doing. Both he and the owner of the two business locations of Villages Ear are dependable and in my view ethical.
__________________
I have to be myself, everyone else is taken.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-01-2019, 12:48 PM
Bryant Bryant is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 419
Default

Blue cross/blue shield referred me to 2 "in nework" hearing aid places, Connect Hearing which only sells 1 brand of aid (Phonak with a 2 week trial) and Advance Hearing Ctr of America., who I haven't been able to get to yet. Bc/bs will pay $1500 after deductible, so I can't throw that $$ away. Think I will call them back and see if they have an others.
__________________
The Villages (Polo Ridge; Piedmont), Toms River, Brick, Spring Lake Heights, NJ and Bronx, NY
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-01-2019, 05:44 PM
ureout ureout is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant View Post
Blue cross/blue shield referred me to 2 "in nework" hearing aid places, Connect Hearing which only sells 1 brand of aid (Phonak with a 2 week trial) and Advance Hearing Ctr of America., who I haven't been able to get to yet. Bc/bs will pay $1500 after deductible, so I can't throw that $$ away. Think I will call them back and see if they have an others.
phonak is a good hearing aid and hey have many models..
as far as the 2 week free trial period I believe in Florida they have to give you a 30 day trial
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-01-2019, 05:48 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 12,722
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I have worn earring aids for almost forty years. Initially I was diagnosed and fitted by an excellent audiologist.

My current hearing aids help me more and are quite a bit less expensive than the prior ones. I cannot thank the technician at Villages Ear on 466 enough. They sell all of the finest hearing aids and are very good at fine tuning them and are reasonable in price. Our company insurance had a "deal" with an excellent hearing aid company that had their selected "dealer" nearby. That other office aggressively called me nonstop. The Villages Ear gave us the same price as the "deal". I went in to talk to them and I was very defensive at first. All hearing aids are sold for a HUGE margin. I must say that the man who fitted me who has done it for decades knew what he was doing. Both he and the owner of the two business locations of Villages Ear are dependable and in my view ethical.
I agree about Village Ear.
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-01-2019, 10:59 PM
Indy-Guy Indy-Guy is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 915
Default

Clark Howard top 10 places to buy hearing aids


10 retailers offering the best deals on quality hearing aids - Clark Howard
__________________
Anderson Indiana---Indianapolis Indiana--- Village of Poinciana Full Time
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hearing, connect, closer, publix, place

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.