Corona virus

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-11-2020, 02:43 PM
Phof1 Phof1 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 4
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Corona virus

If we need to to the hospital with the virus - where do we go? Leesburg hospital and The Villges hospital are already full. There are no beds available prior to the virus.
  #2  
Old 03-11-2020, 03:17 PM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 3,048
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2,652 Times in 882 Posts
Default

Does anyone here have the virus?
  #3  
Old 03-11-2020, 03:33 PM
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,373
Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 2,888 Times in 1,134 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phof1 View Post
If we need to to the hospital with the virus - where do we go? Leesburg hospital and The Villges hospital are already full. There are no beds available prior to the virus.
As of yesterday's news, there were no cases in Sumter County and only 14 in the entire state. Where did you get your information about the hospitals?
  #4  
Old 03-11-2020, 03:43 PM
bagboy bagboy is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,889
Thanks: 164
Thanked 645 Times in 223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phof1 View Post
If we need to to the hospital with the virus - where do we go? Leesburg hospital and The Villges hospital are already full. There are no beds available prior to the virus.
Please pay attention to health care officials, local, state, and national. IF, and only IF you have symptoms described as potentially having the Covid19 virus you call your physician. ...period. Arrangements will then be made for your testing IF deemed necessary.
Do not go to the hospital, urgent care, lab testing office, etc. Call your physician then follow their instructions, and if they tell you to go somewhere, then do so. A person cannot go and get a random test done. You must have symptoms and be instructed by your physician to get the test.
  #5  
Old 03-11-2020, 03:46 PM
Villageswimmer Villageswimmer is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,868
Thanks: 2
Thanked 648 Times in 227 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
As of yesterday's news, there were no cases in Sumter County and only 14 in the entire state. Where did you get your information about the hospitals?
Yes, do tell. Hospitals don’t normally release such information.

That said, where DO you go? One can’t just walk into an ER filled with staff and patients who are not protected.
  #6  
Old 03-11-2020, 03:47 PM
Villageswimmer Villageswimmer is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,868
Thanks: 2
Thanked 648 Times in 227 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Please pay attention to health care officials, local, state, and national. IF, and only IF you have symptoms described as potentially having the Covid19 virus you call your physician. ...period. Arrangements will then be made for your testing IF deemed necessary.
Do not go to the hospital, urgent care, lab testing office, etc. Call your physician then follow their instructions, and if they tell you to go somewhere, then do so. A person cannot go and get a random test done. You must have symptoms and be instructed by your physician to get the test.

Sorry...typing simultaneously.
  #7  
Old 03-11-2020, 06:44 PM
billethkid's Avatar
billethkid billethkid is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17,562
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3,234 Times in 915 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Please pay attention to health care officials, local, state, and national. IF, and only IF you have symptoms described as potentially having the Covid19 virus you call your physician. ...period. Arrangements will then be made for your testing IF deemed necessary.
Do not go to the hospital, urgent care, lab testing office, etc. Call your physician then follow their instructions, and if they tell you to go somewhere, then do so. A person cannot go and get a random test done. You must have symptoms and be instructed by your physician to get the test.
The above bears repeating.
Tell your friends, neighbors and relatives.
Make it a priority to inform and hopefully help the system to work.
__________________
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"...Mark Twain
  #8  
Old 03-11-2020, 07:23 PM
GoPacers GoPacers is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 180
Thanks: 12
Thanked 341 Times in 92 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The above bears repeating.
Tell your friends, neighbors and relatives.
Make it a priority to inform and hopefully help the system to work.
A large percentage of seasonal residents do not have a PCP here in The Villages. Add to that visitors to our community. Calling your PCP may work for some but not for all. It's a good and valid question.
  #9  
Old 03-11-2020, 08:50 PM
NotGolfer NotGolfer is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: The Villages
Posts: 3,423
Thanks: 1,402
Thanked 439 Times in 178 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPacers View Post
A large percentage of seasonal residents do not have a PCP here in The Villages. Add to that visitors to our community. Calling your PCP may work for some but not for all. It's a good and valid question.
Then go to an Urgent Care or one of the free-standing ER's---not the hospital one. Fear is real "IF" you keep feeding it by watching the "news". What will the chances be you'll even get the flu or virus???
  #10  
Old 03-11-2020, 09:20 PM
Dan9871 Dan9871 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 923
Thanks: 5
Thanked 135 Times in 81 Posts
Default

If you think you have Corona symptoms and don't have PCP here, call an Urgent Care or ER and they will tell you what to do. If you actually do have Corona they don't want you just walking into their waiting room.
  #11  
Old 03-11-2020, 10:21 PM
EdFNJ EdFNJ is offline
Sage
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bailed out of NJ after 68yrs and headed south.
Posts: 3,016
Thanks: 761
Thanked 1,923 Times in 789 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
If you think you have Corona symptoms and don't have PCP here, call an Urgent Care or ER and they will tell you what to do. If you actually do have Corona they don't want you just walking into their waiting room.

Heavens yes. DO NOT WALK IN.
  #12  
Old 03-11-2020, 10:27 PM
EdFNJ EdFNJ is offline
Sage
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Bailed out of NJ after 68yrs and headed south.
Posts: 3,016
Thanks: 761
Thanked 1,923 Times in 789 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
TWhat will the chances be you'll even get the flu or virus???
Likely relatively low. But I got a "hunch" that maybe not many cases around the US (and likely including here in FL or this county) have been diagnosed because of the lack of test kits available up until (HOPEFULLY) real soon now. Once these tests get out in full force the entire country will be in for a rude awakening. That's not fear, it's fact and anyone in contact with anyone that had it should get tested (unlike some government officials). There could have been people in hospital with symptoms for weeks that Dr's thought was something else.
  #13  
Old 03-12-2020, 05:43 AM
Lblueocala Lblueocala is offline
Member
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 31
Thanks: 1
Thanked 28 Times in 10 Posts
Default

If you think you have the flu, please, please call ahead. The staff will direct you on what to do. If they tell you to come then they will be prepared and set up to receive you. I am a critical care nurse (ER), we train for this, but people panic, and come in exposing everyone in the waiting room, and staff. Not everyone in the ER waiting room is there for flu, they have other health issues, and you just exposed them by just coming in. Hand washing always, but carry a small tube of non greasy hand lotion so you don’t dry your hand out and crack the skin. Your skin is your first line of defense. Your toothbrush, the human mouth is full of germs. Every time you use your toothbrush ( even the common cold) you put the germs back in you mouth. I keep a small glass in my bathroom put a little hydrogen peroxide to cover the bristles soak it, then rinse it with cold water. If you use a manual toothbrush you should be throwing it away and use a new one several times a year. DON’T PANIC, use common sense, be self responsible. The government can’t safe you, help yourself, we’re all suppose to be adults take responsibility for your decisions and actions. No one is forcing you to go to the Shannon, Savannah, movie theaters,etc.
  #14  
Old 03-12-2020, 07:06 AM
Professor Professor is offline
Member
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 89
Thanks: 1
Thanked 176 Times in 47 Posts
Default

The Mayo Clinic at Jacksonville is an option if you can make the trip.
  #15  
Old 03-12-2020, 07:14 AM
Bonnevie Bonnevie is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,409
Thanks: 10
Thanked 425 Times in 153 Posts
Default

most of our waiters, waitresses and other service personnel are younger. it's possible for them to contract this virus and be asymptomatic or with minor symptoms. they may depend on tips so come to work if they think they only have a cold or allergies. it's not just the residents passing it to each other.
Closed Thread

Tags
hospital, virus, corona, villges, beds

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.