Corona virus

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2020, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
As of yesterday's news, there were no cases in Sumter County and only 14 in the entire state. Where did you get your information about the hospitals?
There are now 30 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including a recent confirmation in Seminole County within the past couple of hours. From 14 to 30 in less than 48 hours - that's double, in 2 days. So double that and you might see 60 in 2 days. And in 2 more days, 120. And so on, and so on. "Only" is never only.

The governor, Rick Scott, announced that he has been exposed to it and is in self-quarantine as a result.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:30 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

Yep. geometric, not arithmetic progression.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-12-2020, 06:35 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts
Default 10 times more deadly than the flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
If you want to avoid the coronavirus, stay home. If you want to risk it, go out. If you want maximum exposure find a large group of people to mingle with. If you think oh I have a healthy immune system, good, you can survive.. and infect others. We live in Lalaland and nobody dies because we have no cemeteries. I have a friend in TV who is self-isolating with a virus. I don’t believe the Bubble is going to be an effective barrier. An attitude of bluster leads to risk-taking. Look up the resources. Johns Hopkins has a map of cases and it is sobering. Keep your eye on the rising numbers of Florida cases. We are all old—the highest risk factor for death.
You are spot on with your post. The Coronavirus is said to be ten times more deadly than the flu. It’s only a matter of time before there is a confirmed case or cases in The Villages. We must be personally diligent and hopefully that will be enough to avoid this virus that has no current vaccine or known helpful treatment.
Old 03-13-2020, 05:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Yes, do tell. Hospitals don’t normally release such information.

That said, where DO you go? One can’t just walk into an ER filled with staff and patients who are not protected.
i've heard the news say we're supposed to call our reg dr's & ask where to go to. we are not supposed to go to a reg walk-in, er or medical center, so i'd start by calling a personal physician
Old 03-13-2020, 05:15 AM
Sage

Top South Florida News, Sports, Weather and Entertainment - South Florida Sun-Sentinel 51 cases to date. Sun sentinel has maps of counties and numbers. 16 yesterday and overnight. Most are in Broward County
Old 03-13-2020, 05:31 AM
Sage

Florida Department of Health Also has case roster. At the top of the page after you click coronavirus there should be a red bar with info to call with questions. CDC says if you have cough + fever + shortness of breath, call your doctor.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:54 AM
Location: Citrus Grove from Village of Santo Domingo & Sterling Hts Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillywho View Post
Last year, when my husband was transported by ambulance, they said that he had to be taken to Leesburg because TVRH was full and unable to accept any more patients at that time. It does happen. I can see both being in that position now with the increase in population, not just in TV, but also in the surrounding areas. Neither hospital is not exclusive to Villages residents.
Same happened Feb 15th, my father-in-law fell and the first responders told us The Villages ER was not accepting any patients.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The governor, Rick Scott, announced that he has been exposed to it and is in self-quarantine as a result. Snipped from Post #31.

Rick Scott is now a United States Senator. Ron DeSantis is presently The Governor of Florida.

My estimation is Rick Scott was a Great Manager during Irma and on other issues. He continues to be a good example to the people of Florida as he has Self-Quarantined himself. I think he is a fantastic communicator. How many people feel the symptoms and continue to go on about their daily chores? Some are living on a shoestring and have no choice. It's a shame but its reality.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:01 AM

"Fear not, for some of us are WAY smarter than government officials. Don't believe, just ask us."
We would prefer our officials feed into the frenzy, throwing us all into a dither. What is wrong with some government officials? Taking the optimistic road rather than the more popular "Sky is falling" mode.
Shame on them.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:18 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
There are now 30 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including a recent confirmation in Seminole County within the past couple of hours. From 14 to 30 in less than 48 hours - that's double, in 2 days. So double that and you might see 60 in 2 days. And in 2 more days, 120. And so on, and so on. "Only" is never only.

The governor, Rick Scott, announced that he has been exposed to it and is in self-quarantine as a result.
I read a report that said the "actual" doubling rate is six days. The "confirmed" cases may appear to rise faster as diagnostic capabilities are ramped up.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

According to data collected by the CDC from florida health dept:

Total number of positive cases for Florida: 50
This includes 42 residents, 5 repatriated Floridians, and 3 non-residents in the state.
Total number of deaths from the virus in Florida: 2
Number of pending test results: 147

Also 476 people currently being monitored.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

How did Rick Scott become governor again? He got sick of working, so he got elected to a federal government position.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:46 AM

Go too Advent health Waterman much better hospital than either of the villages hospitals
Old 03-13-2020, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,750 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjgreene5 View Post
Go too Advent health Waterman much better hospital than either of the villages hospitals
Same for Advent in Ocala.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:20 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
The governor, Rick Scott, announced that he has been exposed to it and is in self-quarantine as a result. Snipped from Post #31.

Rick Scott is now a United States Senator. Ron DeSantis is presently The Governor of Florida.

My estimation is Rick Scott was a Great Manager during Irma and on other issues. He continues to be a good example to the people of Florida as he has Self-Quarantined himself. I think he is a fantastic communicator. How many people feel the symptoms and continue to go on about their daily chores? Some are living on a shoestring and have no choice. It's a shame but its reality.
Did Sen. Scott have a test? I’m not understanding why people (predominantly politicians) think they’ve been exposed but don’t get tested. Then they go into self quarantine when if they have the test, they’d know for sure they’re positive. What am I missing?
Closed Thread

Tags
hospital, virus, corona, villges, beds

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.