Dupuytren's contracture

Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2020, 03:21 PM
Veteran member
Default Dupuytren's contracture

Has anyone received treatment (surgery or injections) for this condition? If so, was it effective and worth the cost (which I understand is pretty costly)? Any first hand (no pun intended) information would be appreciated. TIA
Old 03-12-2020, 04:10 PM
Veteran member

I had an injection done on one finger to fix dupuytrens six years ago. Get shot one day, then two days later the doc' snaps the contraction. Good to go the same day.. With surgery it would be a month or more.

Effective but may or may not be a permanent fix.

The co-pay for the prescription (for the shot) was about $2000.00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeagle65 View Post
Has anyone received treatment (surgery or injections) for this condition? If so, was it effective and worth the cost (which I understand is pretty costly)? Any first hand (no pun intended) information would be appreciated. TIA
Old 03-12-2020, 04:37 PM

i received my first NA procedure in 2002, another around 10 years later. the first was not covered by blue cross (thanks for nothing), the second was.

the dupes kept returning

a couple weeks ago i underwent the xiaflex injection on one finger. covered by medicare and medigap. expensive, yes. i hear there is a fund to help with the cost.

i will be wearing a splint for the next three months. am undergoing rehab 3 times a week for the next 6 weeks. the good news is with xiaflex there is less chance of recurrence

if you'd like to chat pm me your number. typing with this splint on sucks

mark
Old 03-12-2020, 04:51 PM

I had two surgeries to fix two fingers and thumb on each hand, four years ago. Was glad I did it. Also had an injection that helped on one finger, but not the others. I went to Dr. Vikram Mehta and liked him a lot. Only bad thing was the surgery center was in Lake Mary, south of Sanford.
Closed Thread

Tags
dupuytrens, understand, pretty, costly, hand

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.