Coronavirus in Florida

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
When I first heard of the Corona virus, I was sure that my formerly favorite beer (cerveza) was responsible for this horrendous virus outbreak. I was relieved that I had switched a few years ago to a different brand lite beer.
I have heard that hand sanitizer is getting scarce in the stores due to the hysterical scare, as well as paper face masks. Many are not listening. Paper face masks are for the "sick" to wear, not the healthy. Why do the surgeons wear masks in the operating room and not the patient? See what I mean. Seriously though, if you REALLY need hand sanitizer, try adding rubbing alcohol to aloe vera to make your own. I took it a step further, I immediately rushed to the ABC store, fully expecting a run on my favorite alcoholic beverage of choice, and was relieved to see plenty of it in stock. I have found that by imbibing plenty of strong spirits, I can circumvent worrying about having my hands near my face. Alcohol will kill any virus germs. Thank goodness I was smart enough to think of this before the impending rush to secure alcohol by my fellow Villagers. I felt it my civic duty to pass this valuable information on to you. You are welcome.
Point of fact, I had my last FLU shot in 1970. I have never had the flue that I know of. Could it be my precaution of sanitizing my internals instead of my externals? I believe further study is called for. I will continue to update you on my progress and results.

While I agree with the hysteria this virus has created, PLEASE remember there ARE those that are immune compromised (going thru chemo/radiation therapy) that you MIGHT see wearing a mask for their own protection and rightfully so....PLEASE do not take everyone "wearing a mask" as being an overreactor....some people would be wearing a mask as they tried to live their lives without this virus ever having reared its ugly head.

Last edited by Koapaka; 03-09-2020 at 06:21 AM.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibantwo View Post
The state of Florida is protecting tourism by suppressing information about the virus in Florida. There have been more than a dozen cases in the state - the second largest concentration after New York. There have been two deaths - near Pensacola and Fort Meyers. Why don't we know where the other cases are located? We have an at-risk population in The Villages. We need to have more information. Maybe it is time for The Villages to pressure the Governor to provide more information.
2 in Broward, 1 in Lee & 1 in panhandle
Old 03-09-2020, 04:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,245 Times in 1,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyS View Post
2 in Broward, 1 in Lee & 1 in panhandle
Will posters please stop posting facts, it ruins the story!
Thank you.
Old 03-09-2020, 06:02 AM

Also

Newsroom
Old 03-09-2020, 06:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,493 Times in 672 Posts

Time to post this again.

If Interested in Facts...Poke Here
Old 03-09-2020, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
Thank you for traveling to Korea 3 weeks ago and returning here.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:13 AM

[QUOTE=ColdNoMore;1725542]Kinda.

Sorta
Old 03-09-2020, 07:14 AM

There have been 18 thousand deaths in the US this year from the regular flu. Why is everybody panicking?
Old 03-09-2020, 07:17 AM
Sage
Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton
Thanked 4,646 Times in 1,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 024engine View Post
There have been 18 thousand deaths in the US this year from the regular flu. Why is everybody panicking?
Media

And if you think they're panicking now, wait for the first case in The Villages to show up

Last edited by golfing eagles; 03-09-2020 at 07:27 AM.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:30 AM

Page A-6 of the Sunday Daily Sun reported there are 16 cases in Florida and two deaths.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:59 AM

of course they are.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,110 Times in 528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloveday View Post
Whether there are 2 cases or 40 cases, would that change how you do anything? I mean really, everyone is aware of it, just take your precautions.
Actually, it would change the way I do things. We have company coming from overseas with youngsters. If I thought there was an outbreak in TV, I certainly would advise them against coming. I also would tend to go out less, and certainly not to restaurants, squares, and other crowd places.
Old 03-09-2020, 08:56 AM
Veteran member

Did the news media shut down 1/3 of the population in Italy?
Old 03-09-2020, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,699 Times in 1,611 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Media

And if you think they're panicking now, wait for the first case in The Villages to show up
You are right as usual, Doc. Expect me to show up in the domestic violence section of the "other" news when I try to put leg irons on my husband to keep him off the golf course. lol.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:07 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Default Roundabout Deaths

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmit16 View Post
Doomsayers! So what are you going to do different if they say 9 cases and you say 2 dozen? I think the news media is over hyping the virus and creating panic. You are more likely to die in The Villages in a roundabout between January and April than from the corona virus. Wash your hands regularly, exercise, take your vitamins, and stay out of roundabouts, and you will get through this media scare. There are always virus's. Remember EBOLA 4 years ago and SARS before that. Hospitals spent millions converting special treatment areas that are now storage rooms.
The major news Media is only doing their jobs. Why are some always attacking the media? Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine. The exception is the Internet (social media) - which definitely has “fake news” and actual deliberate false information. Thank God for a free press in this great country. You are correct we will get through this and there is no need to panic, however, our economy is and will receive a hit. BTW, roundabouts are proven safer than traffic lights. I know of no one who has died in a roundabout in The Villages.

Tags
information, florida, state, villages, cases

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.