COVID rapid antigen tests

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2021, 05:26 PM
Platinum member
Default COVID rapid antigen tests

According to one post that I read, the EU just changed the requirements for entry starting this Tuesday. If that is the case we now need a rapid antigen test. I checked with CVS and Walgreen and they only offer the PCR test that gets sent to the lab. It appears that Paramount urgent care does this. Does anyone know any other place to get a rapid antigen test where you get the results in 15 or 30 minutes. We are leaving in a few days.

Last edited by jojo; 08-29-2021 at 07:19 PM.
Old 08-29-2021, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
According to one post that I read, he EU just changed the requirements to entry starting this Tuesday. If that is the case we now need a rapid antigen test. I checked with CVS and Walgreen and they only offer the PCR test that gets sent to the lab. It appears that Paramount urgent care does this. Does anyone know any other place to get a rapid antigen test where you get the results in 15 or 30 minutes. We are leaving in a few days.
What is an antigen test? To see if you have COVID antibodies either through being vaccinated or previous infection?
Old 08-29-2021, 07:18 PM
Platinum member

Testing for COVID infection
Old 08-29-2021, 07:27 PM
Sage

Antigen tests are available at The Villages Health Complex at the Hospital on 441. The results are typically available in 4 hours via e-mail, or a phone call earlier if you are positive. You need to sign up online at:

tvhcovidtest.com

There are other locations around The Villages but this is the only one I am personally aware of. For some reason, the Walgreens in Pinellas Plaza doesn't appear to be doing the antigen tests at the moment. You could keep trying their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
According to one post that I read, the EU just changed the requirements for entry starting this Tuesday. If that is the case we now need a rapid antigen test. I checked with CVS and Walgreen and they only offer the PCR test that gets sent to the lab. It appears that Paramount urgent care does this. Does anyone know any other place to get a rapid antigen test where you get the results in 15 or 30 minutes. We are leaving in a few days.
Old 08-29-2021, 08:05 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Antigen tests are available at The Villages Health Complex at the Hospital on 441. The results are typically available in 4 hours via e-mail, or a phone call earlier if you are positive. You need to sign up online at:

tvhcovidtest.com

There are other locations around The Villages but this is the only one I am personally aware of. For some reason, the Walgreens in Pinellas Plaza doesn't appear to be doing the antigen tests at the moment. You could keep trying their website.
Thank you for this link I volunteer at the hospital and didn't know this. When I clicked on the link it appears you can only sign up one day out. Unfortunately our 48 hour window starts on Saturday morning. HOpe they do Saturday testing.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:25 PM

Don't want to gum up the works but I'm not sure the rapid test at the hospital is the same as the "rapid antigen test" required by the cruise lines. There are two different types of rapid tests.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:29 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Villages health gives results in 24 hours or less
Closed Thread

Tags
antigen, rapid, test, minutes, lab

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.