Crowns and Possibly Other Major Dental Needs - Recommendations Please

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2020, 01:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

be cautious of Premier Dental over on 466. they appear to be having business related issues @ the moment. i needed to switch completely
Old 02-19-2020, 02:05 PM
Default dentist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Looking for recommendations for (or even against) dentists in the area. Some crowns and possibly other major dental work may be needed.

Thanks.
I go to land o lakes for my old dentist, I am much happier there, tried local dentist and all they wanted was money. I was told all new x-rays had to be taken because they don't trust other dentist x-rays. I lived in land o lakes for ten years and feel
medical in the Villages is less then acceptably.
Old 02-19-2020, 02:41 PM

In Gainesville, University of Florida College of Denistry
Old 02-19-2020, 04:24 PM

Stay away from Aspen Dental!!!
Old 02-19-2020, 04:39 PM

My husband went to Ingrid Bernal off Rolling Acres and really liked her but cost was high in my opinion. I have good teeth so I try to find cheapest special in TV newspaper. I saw Roger Bryant also Rolling Acres area several years ago and had a good experience. Loved his staff and hygienist. Very thorough cleaning and exam.

Last year I went to Royal Dental in TV which turned out to be the second worse dental experience of my life after having a wisdom teeth pulled without pain medicine. Office was busy and full of customers. My hygienist was effusively glad to see me and talked non stop but in such broken English I could understand very little of what he said. I did understand him when he told me he was going to do the best cleaning I had ever had and kept telling me what a good hygienist he was. He was so persuasive that I agreed to an upgrade in the cleaning that was scary and painful. Lots of sharp pokes and high-powered water sprays. He also said I needed an antibiotic but I never understood why. I was so overwhelmed that I agreed at times just to get away from him and get out of there! Advertised price for exam, x-rays, and cleaning was I think $69 but charge at end was over $200! I complained to the clerk but she took off only the price of the antibiotic. Then she wanted to schedule a follow up appointment probably to try to see me something else!
Old 05-08-2020, 01:13 AM
Default Dr German Gaitain, Royal Dentistry

Dr Germen Guitain, of the Royal Dentistry in the Villages, is the worst dentist I had ever seen. I knew for a long time, I needed at least a dozen teeth capped. My first appointment was in May. Dr Gaitain concluded I needed 15 new teeth. In that visit he ground down the 15 teeth and put temporaries on each. He said he would work on 3 permanents at a time. I imagined the process would be over by September or October. (A warning note he makes you pay up front). But, rather than taking the normal 2-3 weeks for the permanents to be made, it was usually 3-4. At one point he took a 3-week vacation to China, with no backup. At least 5 times either the temp or permanent fell off. Twice, when the permanents arrived, they did not fit right, and had to be re-made. Finally, in December of 2019, we were on me last tooth.
All January went by with no call about this last permanent. In early February I called to see what was a delay. Dr. Gaitain’s caustic receptionist said, “We will call when it is in!" and just hung up!? A few weeks later, I called angrily , “This is going on too long!” She responded coldly, “I will talk to the doctor, but he is in China right now.”? "What?" No indication of when he would be back or if there was a backup. Again, I never heard back.
Just as the virus restrictions were announced. I lost the temporary. I called the office. Before I had a chance to say anything, I heard, "We are only handling emergencies.", with another hang up. I immediately called back and before she had a chance to say anything, I hurriedly explained about my naked tooth and said, “A competent dentist would consider this an emergency.” This one sentence receptionist repeated, “I will talk to the doctor, again.” Naturally, I never got a call back.
My tooth was now getting more painful. I called daily for a week only to hear “The voice mailbox is full.”!?
In desperation, I called a dentist my wife knew, Dr Thomas Dunn. His pleasant receptionist sympathetically listened to my plight. And asked, “Could you possibly come in this afternoon?” WOW. I was seen immediately. Dr Dunn examined my tooth; took a couple of X-rays – even some photos so I could see what the tooth looked like. His diagnosis was that capping that tooth would never have worked – there was not enough tooth left for a cap to bond to. The only solution was an extraction, followed by a bridge or implant.
Conclusionary words – rude, uncaring, disorganized, unprofessional, non-communicative. Skirting the truth, incompetent.
Old 05-08-2020, 04:14 AM

Village Periodontics 352 259 6799 Dr Cramer
Old 06-15-2020, 02:09 PM
Default Wildwood Dentists

Showed up for routine cleaning at 8AM. Patients remained outside until called by a staff member. Staff members called patients one by one but NONE of the staff were wearing masks. I questioned why they were not protecting the patients by wearing a mask, especially as they are adjacent to a large retirement community with susceptible people.
I was told that masks would only be used when in the exam room. This is totally unacceptable. They stood immediately adjacent to patients and were not practicing social distancing. I told them I was not interested in being seen by a medical facility that is so careless and not concerned about protecting their clients. The CDC website clearly states that dental staff should be wearing masks. An employee came out as I was walking to my car and I told her they were not following proper protocol. She claimed they were. As a retired doctor, I told her she was absolutely wrong and I would listen to her opinion after she attended medical school. The dentists are competent but if they are this lax what other shortcuts are they taking? My wife and I have been patients for two years but no longer. On a side note, they attempt to up-charge for everything. Bring your checkbook!
Closed Thread

Tags
crowns, dental, recommendations, major, possibly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.