Is the current "spiking" of Covis "cases" acceptable to anti vaxers?

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2021, 03:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
First do you know how many threats I get on here claiming I am being political. It is insane.

I never post anything remotely political without a back up quoted article or two or a link to a video. Although those who attack me each day very seldom supply any.
backup

I posted this because as we watch a very organized movement against vaccination ( I did not post the Representive using the anti drug chant “just say no” in referring to the vaccine.

The OP made good points, but I differ in blaming the world should anything happen. We HAD the vaccine....easily available. The rest of the world is not in that position.

How can there be a forum where only certain “facts” are allowed.

I am not the political one.....this was made political by our own leaders. Since day one.

Sorry if I get brusque, but getting tired of self appointed critics, WITHOUT ANY FACTS TO DISPUTE, calling every post political. We are discussing Covid vaccinations, and lack of participation, and there is no doubt of the OPEN resistance along political lines.
I completely understand your post and agree with it. I also get numerous complaints and insults, normally from people that make the thread political, because by god they have the right to say anything they want to.

But, I still think we need to be the ones to try to tone down the discussion. "They" obviously are only interested in confrontational discusssions.
Old 07-13-2021, 03:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,246 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I completely understand your post and agree with it. I also get numerous complaints and insults, normally from people that make the thread political, because by god they have the right to say anything they want to.

But, I still think we need to be the ones to try to tone down the discussion. "They" obviously are only interested in confrontational discusssions.
"They"...

-Tom Petty
Old 07-13-2021, 03:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am never sure what side I am on, but I do agree with this statement.

Some just have a bubbling need to vent anger. Many of us are very tired of it. Same old, same old, but sometimes the poster switches sides....and names.
I find myself straddling the fence - sadly - and often agree with conservative comments about the economy and other topics, and often agreeing with liberals about social issues.

I would very much like to be able to carry on adult conversations with people here that disagree with me (there have been a couple, and it was VERy refreshing).

Yup, same old same old. Very few seem to be interested in discussion, most just want to toss out the current set of dog whistles.

I am SO thankful you are on here, always a voice a reason.
Old 07-13-2021, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,246 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Since there is a new warning regarding a higher incidence of Guillain Barre cases in recipients of Johnson & Johnson vaccine, they’re probably feeling good about their decision.
The actual warning: "While the FDA said it had not established the vaccine could cause the syndrome, it noted an increase in reports of the sometimes paralyzing condition."

-Tom Petty
Old 07-13-2021, 03:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
"They"...
My "They" was everyone but he and me, not a side. Both sides are almost completely confrontational and both sides need to be called out. I agree with them on most issues it seems, but I called them out.

So, I am sorry, I was not clear, in that post, my "They" meant everyone that is constantly confrontational.

Last edited by GrumpyOldMan; 07-13-2021 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-13-2021, 03:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
The actual warning: "While the FDA said it had not established the vaccine could cause the syndrome, it noted an increase in reports of the sometimes paralyzing condition."
Yup, exactly. My understanding (I spend 2 hours round trip to the VA listening to news reports today - yuck) is there have been around 100 cases out of x million doses, and of those 100 cases they do not KNOW how many if any were caused by the vaccine - they belive some were, but so far, there are just too few to be certain.
Old 07-13-2021, 03:42 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Please provide your definition of “spiking” because it can’t possibly coincide with the generally accepted definition. I just looked at the latest Covid new case graph, updated yesterday, and the word spike certainly wouldn’t be an accurate description.
Depends which state you’re looking at. Missouri was having a big spike last week, I believe.
Old 07-13-2021, 03:44 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Yes, because two and two don’t always make four. ...increase in reports of those receiving Johnson and Johnson vaccine...
Old 07-13-2021, 03:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Funny, I don't recall ANYONE ever saying you should be terrified. Could you provide a link?

Maybe you mean rightfully concerned? Maybe they said we should take precautions? Maybe they mentioned if we don't take precautions a half-million people could die?

But terrified, I am not terrified, and I don't recall ever hearing that term from anyone - other than people that attempt to p[lay down the pandemmic.
You’re concerned? Weren’t you vaccinated? Why worry if it’s sure-fire protection?
Old 07-13-2021, 03:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
You’re concerned? Weren’t you vaccinated? Why worry if it’s sure-fire protection?
Around and around...

I am concerned because if we don't reach herd immunity things can get worse - as if they are not bad enough.

It amazes me how few people seem to care about their fellow Americans.
Old 07-13-2021, 04:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Around and around...

I am concerned because if we don't reach herd immunity things can get worse - as if they are not bad enough.

It amazes me how few people seem to care about their fellow Americans.
What will get worse? If we had truthful reporting of the deaths, it would help. How many in the “unvaccinated” numbers have already had covid and don’t want the vaccination. I wouldn’t if it were me. The elderly and compromised have been vaccinated for the most part and you realize covid will never be eradicated in the world. Live your life or worry about the next pandemic, they say it will happen.
Old 07-13-2021, 04:02 PM

Quote:

Shirley, you jest.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture2.png
Views:	394
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	90099  
Old 07-13-2021, 04:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Those who choose not to be vaccinated, most likely will not change their minds. My family is working in an area only 31% have been vaccinated.

They worry far less about working with the unvaccinated, come in contact with maybe 100 per day, herd doesn’t worry them, why do many in TV who probably have less than 1% contact of unvaccinated worrying a daily basis?
Can’t worry about things you can not change.

Last edited by thelegges; 07-13-2021 at 06:53 PM.
Old 07-13-2021, 04:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca9800 View Post
Shirley, you jest.
I apologize, I did believe you were attempting to bait me.

The HRC claim was a QNON conspiracy associated with another theory of a sex ring working out of a pizza shop. That theory was referred to by various Congressional members.

Here is a fact check of the space lasers story:

Mixture Archives | Snopes.com
Old 07-13-2021, 04:51 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Depends which state you’re looking at. Missouri was having a big spike last week, I believe.
Also not true. Take 5 minutes and look at the new Covid case chart, updated daily by The NY Times. You can look at the US in general, or by state, or by county. But as a state, Missouri did not “spike” last week…
Closed Thread

Tags
daily, cases, current, elect, numbers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.