UHC The Villages HMO Medicare Complete 1 Eyeglass Coverage

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2018, 05:30 PM
Default UHC The Villages HMO Medicare Complete 1 Eyeglass Coverage

Has anyone obtained coverage for eyeglasses with UHC The Villages Medicare Complete 1 HMO? The contract states they are covered every 2 years. Walmart at Wedgewood is listed on the UHC Vision plan website as participating but they claim they do not. I have gotten nowhere with UHC on this.

Where have others who are on this plan obtained this benefit?

TIA
Old 04-02-2018, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

UHC MedicareComplete 2 no problem at Walmart Summerfield. Complete eye exam a followup for debt of field and eyeglasses this year for $15 co pay.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

OP, as I recall, there were 3 advantage plans and there were differences in the coverages. I see you have plan 1 and the reply above has plan 2. You my need to contact a United health Care office and ask a question regarding the specific coverage of your plan 1.
There are places where you can get glasses at reasonable costs. I typically pay less than $100 for a full eye exam, and I rotate my regular and spare pair of glasses, reusing the frames and just getting replacement lens. Last time was under $250 for progressive lens.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:25 AM

Thank you both for taking the time to respond! However.....

As I stated in my original post, Plan 1 covers them once every 2 years. I have the contract in hand. And as stated, I have gotten nowhere with UHC, which means I have already contacted them.

So again, I am interested in hearing from anyone with PLAN 1 who has received this benefit, to find out where they obtained them under this coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, as I recall, there were 3 advantage plans and there were differences in the coverages. I see you have plan 1 and the reply above has plan 2. You my need to contact a United health Care office and ask a question regarding the specific coverage of your plan 1.
There are places where you can get glasses at reasonable costs. I typically pay less than $100 for a full eye exam, and I rotate my regular and spare pair of glasses, reusing the frames and just getting replacement lens. Last time was under $250 for progressive lens.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by roob1; 04-03-2018 at 04:49 AM.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:24 AM
Veteran member

At Peepers the plan you have only paid a total of $75 on a new pair of glasses which were $500 total.

Tags
uhc, complete, hmo, plan, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.