Dental Implants

Closed Thread
Old 11-15-2017, 08:35 PM
Default Dental Implants

Need to get a "ballpark figure" as to what would be a reasonable price to pay for them? Thank you.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:38 PM

Paid around $8,000 for two of them, including extraction of three teeth.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:46 PM

Full upper $18,000
Old 11-16-2017, 07:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickleball119 View Post
Need to get a "ballpark figure" as to what would be a reasonable price to pay for them? Thank you.
Call Dr. Caylor in Laurel Manor and speak with his receptionist. He did two of mine and he was great.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

Try Costa Rica. Hook it up with vacation
Old 11-17-2017, 10:06 PM
Sage

Dr. Price at Lake Sumter Dental did mine. It was painless and I am thrilled with the result.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:54 AM

It's too bad the Dentists in our community are charging so much for this much needed service to America's senior citizens. There are a lot of seniors that could afford the service but will not pay that kind of money for it and there are many who just can't afford it. It's their choice but the fact still remains, the service price tag is way out of line. Even with Dental Insurance, which is a joke, the price tag is high. Please, if you will, rebut my comment if you wish.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeriteri View Post
It's too bad the Dentists in our community are charging so much for this much needed service to America's senior citizens. There are a lot of seniors that could afford the service but will not pay that kind of money for it and there are many who just can't afford it. It's their choice but the fact still remains, the service price tag is way out of line. Even with Dental Insurance, which is a joke, the price tag is high. Please, if you will, rebut my comment if you wish.
My dental insurance (Aetna) paid about $700 of my implant and also for 100% for the pulling of the tooth. It definitely took some bite out the cost.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac View Post
Full upper $18,000
Where did you get that? I was quoted $30,000 for a full upper.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
I think that because of this, the prices will eventually come down.

The prices seem to be all over the board right now, so some dentists will see an opportunity to get more business by lowering the prices. Eventually, in order to compete, other's will have to do the same.

It's the same with all new technologies. I paid $1800 for a television five years ago that I can buy today for about $600.

I remember the cost of MRI's being off the charts 25 years ago. In fact, you had to make an appointment and you might be taken at 3:00 in the morning. Today they are commonplace the cost is 1/10 of what they originally were.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
My dental insurance (Aetna) paid about $700 of my implant and also for 100% for the pulling of the tooth. It definitely took some bite out the cost.
That's great they paid that. Now, how long and how much have you paid in premiums? What if you had had a problem with the tooth and wanted to apply for insurance to help pay for it? You would be in pain with a tooth ache for 6 months before they cover you, Why? so that they have some of your money to give back to you toward your dental bill. It all comes down to the Dentist's fees in this area for repairing teeth on the elderly, plus disregarding their health because they can't chew their food properly, the cost is frankly, disgusting.
Old 11-19-2017, 08:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
That's great they paid that. Now, how long and how much have you paid in premiums? What if you had had a problem with the tooth and wanted to apply for insurance to help pay for it? You would be in pain with a tooth ache for 6 months before they cover you, Why? so that they have some of your money to give back to you toward your dental bill. It all comes down to the Dentist's fees in this area for repairing teeth on the elderly, plus disregarding their health because they can't chew their food properly, the cost is frankly, disgusting.
I believe open season is now for dental and medical for retired federal employees. There are many plans out there for federal and non-federal. You would have to read each dental plans pre-existing condition clause to make sure the coverage starts right away. Not all dental plans are the same. Many have a max benefit per person like $2000 or $3000. Our premiums are about $60 a month for the dental (Aetna) through the federal plan. The premiums are well worth it for us to pay for sure. We make our money back each year and much more. It all depends on your own situation.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:53 PM

Thanks for your recommendation Stan the Man. A couple of years ago, I posted about my outstanding implant work done in Costa Rica. I'm hoping this idea becomes more and more acceptable. Heck, a 3-hour flight from Orlando and you are treated as a patient liked you have never been treated before. When the travel and lodging are factored in, the total price is still 75% less that here.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

There is a skill set for successful dental implants that include many careful steps that need to be taken by the oral surgeon and dentist. Price should not be an only concern. When I needed them I could not get one good recommendation around here other than Dr Caylor which was after the fact for me. Traveled up to Illinois four times a year for two years to complete the work (tying in holiday and friends/families visits). From what I can ascertain price wise the trips were just about paid for. Be careful in choosing the right surgeon as you would not want to repeat the procedure.

Dental implant surgery - What you can expect - Mayo Clinic

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
pay, price, reasonable, implants, ballpark

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.