Dental Implants

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2021, 01:59 PM
Default Dental Implants

I am looking for some recommendations on dental implants I am going to need a full arch implant some of the posts are a few years old and I am just wondering if anyone had a more recent experience I am more interested in finding someone that I can trust and a good product, so that I hopefully only have to do this 1 time I know its expensive and price is of course important but will not be my first concern

thank you
Old 08-12-2021, 02:13 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,706 Times in 761 Posts

Dr Caylor is the implant go to guy. At Laurel manor

Meet Dr. Ronald Caylor | Central Florida Oral Surgery
Old 08-12-2021, 05:05 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

Based upon RetiredGuy123 advise I went to Costa Rica. The Dentist there spoke better English than my Medical Doctor in the Villages does. The flight was about $400 round trip non-stop from Orlando. The Dentist office was a cross the parking lot from the Marriott.

This certainly isn't for everyone but I'll tell you the work was great and affordable.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
Based upon RetiredGuy123 advise I went to Costa Rica. The Dentist there spoke better English than my Medical Doctor in the Villages does. The flight was about $400 round trip non-stop from Orlando. The Dentist office was a cross the parking lot from the Marriott.

This certainly isn't for everyone but I'll tell you the work was great and affordable.
It's only affordable if you have no complications, and don't need to return there for follow-up.

Personally, I'd much rather know my dentist is in the same or immediate-next town as I am, so if something happens and I need it fixed, or an infection starts setting in, or it doesn't heal correctly, or the pain meds weren't sufficient and I need a refill, I don't have to deal with booking another flight, finding a hotel room, making an appointment, dealing with rental cars or cabs to get me to/from the airport in Costa Rica, etc. etc. etc.
Old 08-12-2021, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:

Your very lucky it went so well. I am sure that I am paying a lot more than you but surgeon has had me back 4x in the 5 weeks since he put in the five implants and installed temporary teeth.

Going back next week for him to give another check and also remove and clean the temps. I would imagine seeing him more times in the next three months as the implants attach firmly to the bone.
Old 08-12-2021, 07:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:

I don't understand how that was done in one trip. I've had three implants. Each one involved first removing the offending tooth (granted, that can be done here in TV), then waiting four months for that to heal, then having the actual implant, which is up in the bone, inserted, another several months for that to heal, and then the crown placed.

In two cases I've had to have sinus lifts and some bone graft, which made healing take more like six to nine months. I can't imagine having anything but the crown done in one visit to another location.

My dentist is Dr. Novak at Bushnell Cosmetic Dental. He used to be a half hour down 301 from my house in Tamarind Grove, but since Warm Springs Road and all the traffic coming out of TV south of 44, it's now more like 40 minutes. He does excellent work and is a caring dentist. But I hope someone will recommend someone closer for you.

Dr. Novak's prices will cover everything, including the crown. Some dentists will quote you a price that seems cheaper but does not include the price of the crown. So you should ask what exactly is included in any price quoted.
Old 08-12-2021, 08:51 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,335 Times in 729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I don't understand how that was done in one trip. I've had three implants. Each one involved first removing the offending tooth (granted, that can be done here in TV), then waiting four months for that to heal, then having the actual implant, which is up in the bone, inserted, another several months for that to heal, and then the crown placed.

In two cases I've had to have sinus lifts and some bone graft, which made healing take more like six to nine months.
I have no idea where you have gotten the idea that Costa Rican dentists do any different than one in Wildwood. The same number of trips just so inexpensive that it makes economic sense to fly there twice, stay at a hotel twice (you are picked up at the airport).

Now if you're fearful of travel or believe that the US leads the world in medical procedures (often we do not) that's fine. But if someone wants this done and has economic restraints then overseas procedures are a viable option. I am glad to spread the word to them.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Luckily for me I still have most my teeth, even though couple crowns / caps enabled the dentist to take trip to Vegas on me.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

I went to Ecuador for mine. It took 2 trips so far and will finish on the third. Each trip was a week or two (mostly sightseeing) and a 6-month wait in between for the jaw to heal.

The total cost quoted by a local dentist was $24,000 for jaw reconstruction(bone grafts, sinus lifts, etc) and implants, crowns, and bridges. Total cost with the round trips, AirBnB, meals, sightseeing, and dental work will come to about $8,000 to $9,000. If I have to do another trip or two for complications, that doesn't bother me, I LOVE Ecuador, and we have been talking about immigrating there.
Old 08-12-2021, 09:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
I have no idea where you have gotten the idea that Costa Rican dentists do any different than one in Wildwood. The same number of trips just so inexpensive that it makes economic sense to fly there twice, stay at a hotel twice (you are picked up at the airport).

Now if you're fearful of travel or believe that the US leads the world in medical procedures (often we do not) that's fine. But if someone wants this done and has economic restraints then overseas procedures are a viable option. I am glad to spread the word to them.
Absolutely agree. The work I have had done in Ecuador is state of the art (3d tomography, et al) and the dentist office is a family-run business. One BIG difference I found there and here, there they never once tried to upsell me anything. Here, it always feels like I am being pitched something to add a bit to the bill.
Old 08-12-2021, 10:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:

Your original post implied one trip. "The flight was about $400 round trip non-stop from Orlando." Nothing was said about having to return a second time at additional cost.
Old 08-13-2021, 05:37 AM

Without hesitation, I can recommend Dr.Reddy at Laurel Manor. He practices in Dr. Bonner’s office. He’s done two implants for me and is currently doing my third. He is caring, professional and very thorough. I believe their rates are competitive with others in the area. He thoroughly explains the process and why it takes several months to complete. Office staff is wonderful!
Old 08-13-2021, 05:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

sumter landing dental, with Dr. Price. also an excellent support staff
Old 08-13-2021, 05:56 AM
Talking Ecuador referrals

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Absolutely agree. The work I have had done in Ecuador is state of the art (3d tomography, et al) and the dentist office is a family-run business. One BIG difference I found there and here, there they never once tried to upsell me anything. Here, it always feels like I am being pitched something to add a bit to the bill.
Do you have contact information for the implant clinic?
I need to start planning.
Old 08-13-2021, 06:07 AM

Dr. Dennis Davis at Villages Periodontics. I’ve had two implants and he performed the second one. Strongly recommend him.
Meet The Doctors - Village Periodontics & Dental Implant Center
Closed Thread

Tags
dental, implants, time, good, product

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.