Dental Implants

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2021, 06:53 AM

Anyone with the Florida dentists have a ball park figure 4?
Old 08-13-2021, 06:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I went to Ecuador for mine. It took 2 trips so far and will finish on the third. Each trip was a week or two (mostly sightseeing) and a 6-month wait in between for the jaw to heal.

The total cost quoted by a local dentist was $24,000 for jaw reconstruction(bone grafts, sinus lifts, etc) and implants, crowns, and bridges. Total cost with the round trips, AirBnB, meals, sightseeing, and dental work will come to about $8,000 to $9,000. If I have to do another trip or two for complications, that doesn't bother me, I LOVE Ecuador, and we have been talking about immigrating there.
I would love the doctors information if you wouldn’t mind. Thank you.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:02 AM
Send a message via AIM to Grill Meister Send a message via Yahoo to Grill Meister

Tell me about your doctor. I was cursorily examined by Dr. Patel at the same Sumter Dental.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:13 AM
Sage

Eleven years ago I had Dr. Caylor for 3 implants. We were impressed with how thorough he was. He had state of the art facilities. He even called after hours to check on me. As for going out of the country----sounds like a good thing until one might have a reaction to a medication or an infection. I personally wouldn't want to have that happen in another country no matter how lovely it is there or how "cheap" the care is.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
I have no idea where you have gotten the idea that Costa Rican dentists do any different than one in Wildwood. The same number of trips just so inexpensive that it makes economic sense to fly there twice, stay at a hotel twice (you are picked up at the airport).

Now if you're fearful of travel or believe that the US leads the world in medical procedures (often we do not) that's fine. But if someone wants this done and has economic restraints then overseas procedures are a viable option. I am glad to spread the word to them.
Can I please get the dentists information from you? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:28 AM

Dr Adam Bergman Hwy 101 and 466

http://www.cmapgurley.home.comcast.net
Old 08-13-2021, 07:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
I would love the doctors information if you wouldn’t mind. Thank you.
His name is Jose Acosta, he speaks excellent English:

Ecuador Dental Care

If anyone dos decided to use him, contact me and I can provide some information on how/when to fly, where to stay, where to eat, etc.

And if you enjoy such things, Galápagos Islands is a short hop away off the coast of Ecuador.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:04 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
Can I please get the dentists information from you? Thanks in advance.
[[url=http://Www.Novadental.cr.com[/url]

Or call them. They answer in Spanish but will switch to English once you speak 506 2228 0997 (yes that many digits). He is a member of the American Dental Association, yes American just like a dentist in Lady Lake. They quote rates over the phone.

Within 100 yards of the dentist is a fantastic Peruvian restaurant or if you are male and you tastes are more ...casual... there is a Hooters even closer. If you are getting the American vibe you are tracking me.

There are all sorts of sightseeing options available.

Last edited by Toymeister; 08-13-2021 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:26 AM
Smile

Dr. Dennis Davis. Village Periodontics, CR 103

The best! And I Have had plenty of experience researching.
You won't be sorry.
Old 08-13-2021, 08:36 AM

Dr. Ronald Caylor is very good. I used him for a couple of Dental Implants. No complaints-- he is very thorough. The issue I have with Dr. Caylor is he will give you general anesthesia-- twice-- once when he extracts a tooth, and again when he installs the Implant. This is his requirement, it is not negotiable. If the patient wants or needs this-- that's fine. If the patient does not need this-- like me-- it's not necessary. Some folks have a negative reaction-- especially when the anesthesia includes pain medicine and perhaps-- a combination of two anesthetics. So, as a result, a different Oral Surgeon was recommended to me. His name is Dr. Ronald Trevisani. Any anesthesia, beyond Novocaine, is optional. Dr. Trevisani has completed one Implant for me, and a second is in progress. I highly recommend Dr. Trevisani. He has three offices--- the closest being in Lady Lake-- very close to the Home Depot and Sam's Club. Tel: (352) 751 - 5100.
Old 08-13-2021, 09:10 AM
Default Dental Implants

Dr. Matt Agnini over at Affordable Dentures in Leesburg. They have many options available with a lab on site. They are even doing a hybrid denture that snaps in and does not have to be removed with the exception of an annual cleaning. The prices are the best I was able to find this side of the border.

The staff are friendly and professional. I have had some fairly extensive work done and recommended them without hesitation.
Old 08-13-2021, 09:17 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debelg View Post
I am looking for some recommendations on dental implants I am going to need a full arch implant some of the posts are a few years old and I am just wondering if anyone had a more recent experience I am more interested in finding someone that I can trust and a good product, so that I hopefully only have to do this 1 time I know its expensive and price is of course important but will not be my first concern

thank you
Dr. Dennis Davis in Oxford, behind the Walmart on 466. He has a full staff and does wonderful work. He has been my husbands go to for a minimum of 17 years. He is at least worth a talk with. He really does wonderful work.
Old 08-13-2021, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debelg View Post
I am looking for some recommendations on dental implants I am going to need a full arch implant some of the posts are a few years old and I am just wondering if anyone had a more recent experience I am more interested in finding someone that I can trust and a good product, so that I hopefully only have to do this 1 time I know its expensive and price is of course important but will not be my first concern

thank you
Dr. Caylor. Office is on Laurel Manor off of Buena Vista and CR 466.
352-391-5550
I had a dental implant a year and a half ago. Absolutely no pain, no complications. Would highly recommend.
Old 08-13-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
Based upon RetiredGuy123 advise I went to Costa Rica. The Dentist there spoke better English than my Medical Doctor in the Villages does. The flight was about $400 round trip non-stop from Orlando. The Dentist office was a cross the parking lot from the Marriott.

This certainly isn't for everyone but I'll tell you the work was great and affordable.
I also went to Costa Rica for implants. Costa Rica has a major industry in Medical Tourism - dentistry and cosmetic surgery - things that insurance either doesn't cover or gives limited benefits.

I had 6 implants, the work was first rate and half the price of the estimates that I was given here. Also, the airfare and hotel are tax deductible as a medical expense.
Old 08-13-2021, 10:34 AM
Default Dental tourism

3 years ago I needed a full upper went to Leesburg had teeth extracted got a temporary. Waiting for that to heal. Then flew to Nicaragua. Dr Gonzalez has the cleanest, finest, most modern dental hospital that I've ever seen. He is highly qualified and teaches oral surgery he studied in Germany Spain and Stanford University. His clinic is the most up-to-date has all the latest equipment including the lab to build your ceramic teeth.
I had eight implants on the first trip. Waited 6 months with my temporary denture. Then returned and had new crowns put on. They pick you up at the airport they arrange your hotel, they pick you up from hotel take you to clinic which is only four blocks from hotel. They return you to hotel in private car. They provide you with anything you need medical-wise pain meds whatever. InThey're oral surgery suite you are completely draped with surgical cloths head to toe. Only the opening for your mouth. You ever seen that done here. This is the most sterile environment you can possibly imagine.
The office will arrange any sightseeing trips you want with a private car and knowledgeable driver. The hotel has outside courtyard with swimming pool in-house restaurant and bar. Hotel also has English speaking staff
I couldn't read the menu so the staff told me just tell him what I wanted to eat and they would go get it and make it no matter what it was. And they did.
I was quoted 24,000 dollar s here for the same eight implants and a full set of upper crowns. My round trip flights out of Orlando were $130 each. The hotel was $60 a night. My charge for this eight implants and full upper crowns, including photographs and two sinus lifts, was $8,000. This was done so well you can't hardly believe it. Upon my return I had more dental work done on the bottom jaw. All work was done absolutely perfect.
There are much better alternatives, and that far better prices than our local practices.
I refuse to pay those kinds of prices, I didn't want to buy my dentist a new Audi just so I can have my teeth fixed.
Affordable Dentures in Leesburg wanted 5000 just for dentures. That was not acceptable that's when I started to research dental tourism.
If you wish more information on my trip and didn't work text me at 218-689-1352
Closed Thread

Tags
dental, implants, time, good, product

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.