Dental Implants

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2022, 09:19 PM
Default Dental Implants

I just lost my 5th tooth today and not a penny from the tooth fairy. I had chemo for stage 4 non Hodgkins lymphoma four years ago. Grateful to be alive, but chemo did havoc on my body. My question is who is a good dentist and or periodontist that does implants? I just moved here from Tampa last month and that is too far to keep going back and forth. I currently have 2 implants in the making and now I need another one. I considered dentures, but have heard that the eventual bone loss where the teeth are will make my jaw shrink. With the cost of implants I'm going to have to come out of retirement. HELP!!!
Old 06-18-2022, 03:59 AM

Dr Davis, Village Periodontics, 352-259-6799, CR 103 ,Oxford he’s the best.
Old 06-18-2022, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabella View Post
Dr Davis, Village Periodontics, 352-259-6799, CR 103 ,Oxford he’s the best.
Yes, another vote for Dr. Davis.
Old 06-18-2022, 05:59 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlogan22@tampabay.rr.com View Post
I just lost my 5th tooth today and not a penny from the tooth fairy. I had chemo for stage 4 non Hodgkins lymphoma four years ago. Grateful to be alive, but chemo did havoc on my body. My question is who is a good dentist and or periodontist that does implants? I just moved here from Tampa last month and that is too far to keep going back and forth. I currently have 2 implants in the making and now I need another one. I considered dentures, but have heard that the eventual bone loss where the teeth are will make my jaw shrink. With the cost of implants I'm going to have to come out of retirement. HELP!!!
If you are well enough to travel I would recommend mine, he is Dr. Acosta and is in Ecuador. Before you dismiss this, it cost me about 1/4 what my doctor here quoted me. And that included the cost os 4 round trips to Ecuador spread over a couple years (pandemic slow down in travel). He is US Trained, speaks fluent English. and Ecuador is a beautiful country with very friendly people. I was quoted $24,000 for the bone reconstruction, extractions, implants and crowns and bridges here. I paid around $7,000 altogether - that includes round trip air fare for my wife and I and BnB and eating out.Your price will vary based on hotel or AirBnB you chose.

It's called dental tourism and some insurance companies will cover it.

Dental Tourism | Ecuador Dental Care
Old 06-18-2022, 09:29 AM
Sage

To each his own on traveling out of the country for any dental work. Having had multiple oral implants I wouldn't do it. Just my opinion. IF you had some issues with any done, I would want to return to the doctor who did it. Especially since you've had chemo etc. Think hard about this. Dr. Davis on 103 is excellent (though he didn't do any of mine)---I go there for peridontal issues. Dr. Caylor in Laural manor complex is highly rated for implants. I had 3 done by him!!
Old 06-18-2022, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

i am so sorry for you! God bless you on your recovery, & hope you continue to do well. i had some of the same issues you had & Sumter landing Dental did my work. whoever you choose, best of luck to you, keep us posted!
Old 06-18-2022, 11:01 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Caylor is excellent but the cost for anesthesia seemed unnecessary. Went else where for less and no anesthesia. No issues
Old 06-18-2022, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,027 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
To each his own on traveling out of the country for any dental work. Having had multiple oral implants I wouldn't do it. Just my opinion. IF you had some issues with any done, I would want to return to the doctor who did it. Especially since you've had chemo etc. Think hard about this. Dr. Davis on 103 is excellent (though he didn't do any of mine)---I go there for peridontal issues. Dr. Caylor in Laural manor complex is highly rated for implants. I had 3 done by him!!
We have had extensive dental work done by Dr Caylor's partner Dr Jaffal and very pleased with him.

I am sure it costs more but for some things just have to pay the price.
Old 06-18-2022, 04:09 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
We have had extensive dental work done by Dr Caylor's partner Dr Jaffal and very pleased with him.

Not true. Found dentist with equivalent expertise for my other implants at significantly lower costs. Need to shop and get recommendations
Old 06-19-2022, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlogan22@tampabay.rr.com View Post
I just had periodontal work done. I highly recommend Dr. Davis, also!
Old 06-19-2022, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post

Second vote for Dr Jaffal. Maybe more expensive but you get what you pay for.
Old 06-19-2022, 06:03 AM

I agree, Dr Davis, Village Periodontics, 352-259-6799, CR 103, just off of 466.
Old 06-19-2022, 06:06 AM
Default Dental School

About 4 years ago I was referred by my dentist to the University of Florida School of Dentistry in Gainesville for my implant. A student put my implant in and then I went back to my dentist for the crown. I think they can and will do all of the work, you could ask at the consultation. If I remember correctly it was about a third less than the dentists around here. One drawback is you have to pay at the time of the appointment, I'm not sure if they take any insurance or care credit. It's worth looking into. Good luck!
Old 06-19-2022, 06:25 AM
Default Sumter Landing Dental

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
i am so sorry for you! God bless you on your recovery, & hope you continue to do well. i had some of the same issues you had & Sumter landing Dental did my work. whoever you choose, best of luck to you, keep us posted!
Sumter landing made a mess of my dental work…is going to cost me a lot to fix their implants. Will never go back there.
Old 06-19-2022, 06:27 AM
Default Full upper denture

Have had horrible teeth all my life. Was told I would lose them by age 60, but kept them till age 75. Periodontist recommended 4 front teeth to be pulled, so questioned what would happen when others went. Decided to have all upper teeth pulled, bone implanted, 5 implants and a denture that attached to implants all for the cost of $21,000…just so you know, takes about a year for whole process.

Dr. Jafal extracted teeth, put in bone, put in posts. Dr. Jaber did the denture. Really pleased with outcome…do not have to go through it again.

But that said, there is still nothing like your own teeth. I just could not afford more if I did it tooth by tooth.
Closed Thread

Tags
implants, chemo, tooth, considered, making

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.