Dental - Johary Carlos of Lady lake dental care

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Default Dental - Johary Carlos of Lady lake dental care

Has anyone been treated by Johary Carlos of Lady lake dental care???
Old 02-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Default I Don't Recommend Dr. Johary at Lady Lake Dental

I have had cleanings, x-rays and a filling at Lady Lake Dental, but have never met Dr. Johary. I've seen a different dentist each time I've been there. I think Dr. Johary is at another location and just oversees this office. After 3 visits there I have decided to go elsewhere. For one thing, the office is not as clean as it should be; I'd be uncomfortable having something major like a root canal or crown done there. Also, there have been very annoying billing problems. At my last visit they said they now require x-rays every 6 months and were very annoyed when I refused. There are far better choices for dentists in the area. See recommendations elsewhere on this site.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Veteran member
Default Do-It-Yourself Dentistry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmar33 View Post
Has anyone been treated by Johary Carlos of Lady lake dental care???
I don't know anything about the "Johary Make-Believe-Dental Practice" these days but he was the first dentist I saw when we moved here over 12 years ago. There weren't many dentists from which to choose back then and his office was close and convenient. My first dental experience there was for a new bridge. It was obvious that his assistants were not trained and were learning on the job. Apparently on this particular day Dr. Johary didn't like the way his employees were doing their jobs (neither did I) so he called a meeting in the back room. Everyone left his post to meet with the doctor. I was left with a mouth full of impression gunk. That's right, the wanna-be assistant put the trays full of whatever that stuff is called in my mouth and left to go to the meeting!! I expected her to come right back when the timer went off but she was probably getting her head chewed off. After waiting a long time I finally yanked the trays out of my mouth, myself.......they were in too long and I had a bloody mess in my hands........I DID eventually get the bridge but that was the last dental work that dentist ever did, or will do in my mouth. My big mistake was in NOT walking out that day but I really needed the work done. "UNPROFESSIONAL" best describes this practice, unless it has undergone major customer service improvements in the past 12 years.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:52 AM

it still the same
Old 06-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Eternal Member

For one who hates dentists, he was a nightmare. He tries to service too many patients at the same time. A couple of times he had to give me an extra shot of Novocaine (or whatever) because the original shot was wearing off before he got back to me.

I eventually switched dentists.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:17 PM

So glad to hear that I am not the only one who thinks these things about the office. I went o the rest room first and thought they could do a little more in here to make it look cleaner. They had cleaning supplies everywhere...could have been in a basket and covered. But the room I was in for my dental work was worse. The floor had not been sweep or mopped in a long time. The wall I stared at had a hole in it filled with plaster and not even painted over...but the dirt on in the wall was worse...Then the xray machine came out behind the doors....was it ever cleaned....I wanted to get some ajax cleanser and start cleaning all the dirt off of it. The plaster was falling off the ledge were the machine was kept...then the gloved hygenist put the xrays on this ledge....not on plastic or paper towel but the ledge and then put them in my mouth for xrays. I will not go into any more detail...but I will not go back...and yes I paid for the xrays to find out 2/3 of my mouth needs major dental work. I know many people are pleased with their service...I am not one. The dentist and hygenist were very friendly.

This post was for Lady Lake Dental

Last edited by moose; 03-06-2014 at 02:36 PM. Reason: added name
Old 03-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

Last year I went to Lady Lake because of Preferred Care. I had 3 crowns and ended up having to get three root canals through them. This year I have United Health Care and they aren't on my insurance, thank goodness. I decided to go back to my previous dentist, Dr. Kathleen Williams, knowing I was happy with this office.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:12 PM

I WOULD NOT recommend that office for all the reasons above and more. I do not want to go into but it is all true and worse. Just a dirty place and incompetent
people working there.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Sage

IF you have the United Healthcare Advantage Plan...I highly recommend the Wildwood Smiles Dentist practice on 301. I had my 1st visit there and was quite impressed with the professionalism. At least with my mouth (I've had extensive work) he did not try to "up-sell" at all.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Eternal Member

Never, never go to Dr. Johary ! I moved here 14 years ago. Like most, I went to him as there weren't many dentists around. It was filthy and the help had no clue what they were doing. Went once and that was enough. The x-ray things that were going in my mouth were on the bottom shelf 6 inches from the dirty floor. Had a check up & I said I didn't want the x-rays done and left.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.