Dentist help

Closed Thread
Old 01-06-2015, 08:27 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Dentist help

I will be needing a new Bridge or other dental work.

Can anyone recommend a really good dentist?

Have you had any special dental work other than cleaning and check-up with this dentist?

I will go to any really good dentist but also want to ask if they are expensive?
Old 01-06-2015, 08:33 AM
Eternal Member

I go to Marion Dental on 441/27. They are awesome.
I go to Dr. Edwards there. They are really good and the prices are reasonable.
Old 01-06-2015, 05:09 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

My recommendation is Dr. McAnly at Bushnell Family Dentistry. Best I've found after 13 years here but no to golf cart accessible. It's a bit of drive straight down 301 but a very nice drive out of TV's. Excellent service and reasonable.

Last edited by rdhdleo; 01-24-2015 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-07-2015, 07:41 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default thank you!!!

as soon as I return from this cold tundra I will be checking them out!!!!!

Really, Really appreciate the recommendations!!!
Old 01-22-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
I will be needing a new Bridge or other dental work.

Can anyone recommend a really good dentist?

Have you had any special dental work other than cleaning and check-up with this dentist?

I will go to any really good dentist but also want to ask if they are expensive?
I see Dr Lesh at Southern Trace Dental. My bridge looks great had it done 5 years ago
Old 01-22-2015, 05:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
My recommendation is Dr. McAnly at Bushnell Family Dentistry. Best I've found after 13 years here but no to golf cart accessible. It's a bit of drive straight down 301 but a very nice drive to of TV's. Excellent safe and reasonable.

My husband and I have gone to Bushnell also, but they are very expensive. A friend who has gone there felt Dr. McAnly tried to push additional services on her and switched to Dr. Novak, the owner of the business.

My husband was given a price of $54,000 -- yes, you read correctly -- for a few implants, crowns and a bridge. My husband was furious and told them he would buy a super Ninja and suck his food, before he would pay that amount of money.

I had to have two molars pulled and now either need a permanent bridge or implants, in addition to periodontia, amalgam replacement, and who knows what else. I will get my quote next month when I go back, but feel sure the total will be another telephone number. I doubt we will ever go back for additional work.

The office has all the latest equipment but their prices are out of sight.
Old 01-24-2015, 05:59 AM

I go to Doctor McAnly at Bushnell. I had a bridge put in and what not expensive. He is worth the short trip there. I had gone to another dentist before going to him for a second opinion and decided to go to Dr. McAnly. Interesting that the other dentist found more work on his xrays. Dr. McAnly said he doesn't see where I need that work.....
Old 01-24-2015, 02:22 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissmelatr View Post
I go to Doctor McAnly at Bushnell. I had a bridge put in and what not expensive. He is worth the short trip there. I had gone to another dentist before going to him for a second opinion and decided to go to Dr. McAnly. Interesting that the other dentist found more work on his xrays. Dr. McAnly said he doesn't see where I need that work.....
Totally agree!!!! Dr. McAnly has NEVER pushed anything on me and has even straight out told me what he felt could wait and what he felt I should address in the near future even told me what ins. would pay for and what they most likely would not approve and said unfortunately with most ins. in order for them to cover something to the fullest it has to have reached a point when it is no longer preventative must has to be done. He is awesome, very gentle and never ever pushy in any way! Brightspot01 on here has had extensive wrk done by him and will back this up. Anyway this is the first dental ofc. I have felt totally comfortable with since moving here 12 years ago. Good luck with whomever you choose.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.