Dentists

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Founder
Default Re: Dentists

I sure would hope that Village Dental would reply to some of these posts. Do they even know about them? I would hope somebody would tell them.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:33 PM

Any dentist with a "Drive through"?? That way I can just drop the teeth off and pick up the clean teeth at the next window! :joke: :joke:
Old 08-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Veteran member

:jokeon't leave them with Village Dental..it will cost you $15,000. to get them back...every teeth will have a crown and they will be SPARKLING white.....and when you pay the bill, you will get a rose with it.
:arrow:
Poughkeepsie, NY;Buckhannon, WV;Oak Bluffs, Mass;Suitland, MD;Salt Point, NY;Camp Lejeune, NC;Highland, NY;Manassas, VA;Colchester, VT;Brookfield, CT;Tucson, AZ;Brookfield, CT;The Villages, FL; Vietnam-1967 USMC
Old 08-12-2007, 08:06 PM

Kahuna, After all that i hate to ask what the cleaning did cost. I've got a dentist here in Birmingham that just because I have insurance want to push deep cleaning on me. Thanks for the info
Old 08-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcknancy
All dentists in The Villages area are overcharging...if they had Medicare putting a limit on their charges as they do with doctors and hospitals, some of these dentists would either quit or start charging reasonable prices. Last week an elderly gentlemen friend of mine was charged $265, yes $265 for one filling. Isn't that ridiculous!!
My wife manages a dental office in KY and just told me that if 1 tooth requires filled on 4 surfaces they charge max $190. Yes that's too high anywhere for that matter.

Steve
Old 08-13-2007, 03:56 AM

Avista, you were not emphatic enough LOL. Dr. McNight was excellent and MARION DENTAL did not try to set me up with unneeded procedures. Prices were "reasonable" $650 for a crown. There can be a long wait for an cleaning but an emergency was "squeezed" right in.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:41 PM

" We use J. Michael Whitt on 441 in Lady Lake, he is really good also!"

I have been going to Dr Whitt for several years and after a VERY unpleasant experience I changed dentists. He did a small filling on the side of one of my molars and it fell out in a few days. I went back and he acted mad at me because the filling fell out. He proceded to grind on the tooth and I wanted to jump out of the chair and choke him it hurt so much. He did not use any anesthetic, but said just calm down I'm all done. He stuck the filling in and left the room. That tooth hurt for two weeks. My new dentist discovered a long standing area of decay under one of my caps. She said it had been developing a long time and now was not repairable.
She sent me to an endodontist in Ocala for evaluation and she said it had to be extracted. Her office specializes in root canals and tooth rebuilding. I had previously mentioned the problem of food catching between this molar and the next to Whitt and he said there was nothing he could do about it. If he saw this giant problem in any of the many x-rays he took he didn't do anything about it. Probably beyond his capability. Lots of luck with Dr Whitt. Next Tuesday I see Dr. Blanton, in Leesburg, an oral surgeon, to have a molar w/crown extracted. >
Old 08-17-2007, 10:59 AM

Same experience at THE VILLAGES DENTAL... one visit i need a crown because of a small crack in one of my front teeth, next visit.. never saw a thing.. The other thing.. is that they DO NOT GIVE GOOD INJECTIONS,,

We go to Dr. Bartling at Southern Trace... Very Good. BUT like all the rest EDXSPENSIVE $1100 for a crown.
All take your money up front and file insurance, when it comes back, they do not write of the difference, they just send you the check. AH... the good old days are gone.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:27 PM
Platinum member

Bump
Tampa, FL
Old 09-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Sage

My wife is a Dental Hygienist working in the SF Bay Area (which should be at least twice as expensive as FLA) and she said that Crowns here start at $900. She has already looked into working in her profession in TV but found that she would be paid about 25% of what she makes here.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 09-10-2007, 11:14 AM

When first moving to TV, my wife and I both went to Villages Dental. We both had the same experience as Villages Kahuna. Unbelievable experience. During our "come back appointment" they pushed for the movie star look. I actually lost my temper and asked them to confirm that there was an actual NEED for the work they suggested. When they would not confirm that there was a NEED, we got up and walked out. Never did return. They look upon each patient as a money pit. We were lucky to find a GOOD dentist who is not out to drain our bank account. This is not an easy task here in TV.
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV
Old 10-09-2007, 08:43 AM

Became a patient of Marion Dental after moving to the Villages. 3 weeks after my appointment I had a very bad toothache. I called on 10/8 for an appointment. I was told I had to wait a week. If the pain was bad they'd send me pain killers. there are several dentists in the office but I would not be permitted to see any but the one I originally saw and he had no availability for a week. What a disgrace. what good is a dentist or doctor if they WON'T see you in an emergency!!!! Village Dental took me in immediately.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:42 AM
Location: Wiconisco, PA; Vestal, NY; Charlotte, NC and FINALLY The Villages!!
Send a message via Yahoo to jawoodling

Dentists are not my favorite people so I needed to find someone who was caring and compassionate. We moved here in 1998 and went to Dr. Tawill out by the Lake Square mall until he started trying to sell us unneeded dental work at ridiculous prices. I switched to Marion Dental and us Dr. Hope....he is absolutely wonderful and actually remembers you even I usually only see him every months for a check-up. He told me at the first visit that he was here to make me happy, he wouldn't suggest anything like implants, etc. unless I asked him for it. I pay around $600 for crowns which I don't think is too high.

I highly recommend both the office - very friendly, helpful and Dr. Hope who is the greatest!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:06 PM

Phillis K: My Husband first went to the dentist at the Mulberry clinic, because that is who I could get into first and after checking with several others about the price for the
first visit and check up and clean, they were the cheapest.

My first appointment was lengthy but very thorough with exam, cleaning and x-rays which
most dentists do yearly. The dental hygenist there gave me and my husband the most
thorough cleaning that I have ever had.

The dentists in Leesburg quoted me over 265.00 for the first visit and Mulberry quoted
me l65.00 and that is what I was charged. The first visit was about 2 ours each and
thereafter has been about 35 to 40 minutes.

I have been very happy with them so far.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:39 PM

Even with the price of an airline ticket to go up north added to the cost of the dental work I still save a "bundle" by not going to any of the fools here. Boy, do they think we are all senile, or what?
When I was given one of those $22 K's quotes. I asked him if he thought I was the next Mrs Trump.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.