Dentists

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2008, 05:17 AM
Default Re: Dentists

I have visited several dental offices. Each has pros and cons. I can say that I am impressed with Village Dental. I have had a positive experience. I do not believe the dentist is out for my money. I understand you get what you pay for. You might pay 10-20% more but it is worth it! I had to have an onlay?? I haven't had any problems. I was very comfortable during the procedure. The office was able to get me in right away. The staff is very pleasant. If you value you mouth and want the best, go to Village Dental! Pinch pennies in areas that don't matter, like over priced shoes. :#1:
Old 01-10-2008, 02:04 AM

A recommendation for Dr. Joe Seabrook at Mulberry.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:31 AM

I have Dr. Barnes for my dentist. My experience is limited with them. Prices seem reasonable
Old 03-03-2008, 05:11 PM

Any "good" experiences with getting proper fitting dentures??? and if so, with which dentist>>>
Old 03-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Village Dental.
Specifically Dr. Rich Hall.
Yes they are in the constant mode of trying to get clientelle to go to the next level on many things.
However, they have all the latest technology. Their introductory examination discovered a bone deterioration in my wife's jaw that has been missed all these years by some of the best.
In my opinion their basic services are among the best.

BTK
Old 03-23-2008, 02:40 AM

Took me 3 years to find a dentist here .Just getting past the office staff was a trip. Now I use Dr David Barnes,Laurel Manor.Wonderful office staff I use to panic just thinking about dentist visits.Cindy(hygenist) changed all that.No pushing 17,000 dollor smiles,He is a retired Navy man and the entire office is ship shape!
Old 03-24-2008, 03:13 PM

I went to Dr. McKnight at Marion Dental. I refused to sign that paper that gives them access to my medical records and she refused to treat me. Is it mandatory with every Dentist to sign that peace of paper?
Old 04-03-2008, 02:44 PM

I went to Heritage Dental after Dr. McKnight would not treat me without signing the medical release form and they are treating me without signing that form. The place is very nice and the staff is very nice. I did not have to wait 3 month for an appointment unlike when I called Dr. Ross's office. I also called Dr. Williams at Palm Ridge Dental for an appointment. I contactect them 3 times and 3 weeks later they still have not called me back to give me an appointment.
Old 04-25-2008, 02:43 AM

After hearing horror stories like those above, and having a couple of bad experiences myself, I began seeing Dr. Mark Ross. He was highly recommended to me, and I have highly recommended him to others who have also been pleased. He is gentle and thorough as well as reasonable. It's also obvious that he does not recommend procedures that are unnecessary.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Veteran member

I have been seeing Dr Lisa Wadsworth since I've been here (5 yrs) and I am very happy with her and the staff. She is on 27/441 north of Billy's cafe in the group of buildings like a strip mall. I think they are a tan color.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to rjsjr

I found the biggest advantage of going to a dentist in TV is that I was finally able to use the itemized deduction on my federal income tax return, instead of relying on the standard deduction as I had done in the past!!!!
Old 04-26-2008, 11:46 PM

Just used Laurel Manor Dental this past week. $265 for full mouth xray. exam. and a very good cleaning. This is high compared to Virginia where I came from but about normal for here from what I hear..Was satisfied with dentist and everyone is very nice. This office must be new as I see no one has mentioned it. My wife goes next so we will see how that goes. :
Old 05-04-2008, 03:16 AM

Stay away from Dr. Johary. He is a quack. I went there to have a dental exam and cleaning. The exam took 5 minutes and the cleaning was 8 minutes. I couldn't believe they were done in that short a time. I then got a $200 bill. When I went up North the following month I went to see my dentist and he said my teeth were never cleaned. They just scraped a little for effect. He said I should get my money back. I never did, but will never go back. ;D >
Old 05-04-2008, 03:26 AM
mcelheny

Where is DR. Johary located?
Old 05-04-2008, 09:11 PM

I have not been looking at Talk of the Villages for quite some time. I fell into a pit of feeling like a lot of the contributors were a bit short of brain power. That said (and dreading the reaction I may get) I will add that the topic on dentists in the area caught my immediate attention. My last posting on this subject was just one of the many comments made about The Village Dental. I should add that I started seeing a dentist and a periodontist in Fruitland Park. I was very satisfied with the service I and my wife received from the two dentists there. When the periodontist (Dr Bonner) moved his office to TV, I decided to switch my regular dentist to Dr Barnes at Laurel Manor Dental which is next door to Dr Bonner's office. My regular cleanings there were professionally done and I was satisfied with the arrangement, particularly since I was a Navy Retiree as was Dr Barnes. Then one unfortunate day I had a tooth split. Dr Barnes insisted that I needed to have it repaired by having it crowned. To my horror and surprise, I was quoted a price of $1200+ for the crown. Feeling trapped, I agreed to have it done there. During the procedure I found that most of the work was being done by an assistant and not the dentist. Shortly after the crown was installed, I began to have discomfort from sensitivity on the opposite side of my mouth from where the crown was installed. I refused to go back to Laurel Dental and was fortunate to find Dr Kathleen Williams in her new offices of Palm Ridge Dental on CR 101. She was a breath of fresh air. She took the time to listen to my compaints, and, deducted that the crown was not ground down to fit properly and it was causing discomfort with my other teeth which were not meeting correctly. She found the answer to my problem, charged me a price that even I could afford, and is now my regular dentist is addition to Dr Bonner. Would I recommend my retired Navy dentist - no way. Would I recommend Dr Williams - you bet your bippy I would.
Mildenhall England
Gretna La
Greenville, RI
Jacksonville FL
TV
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.