Dentists

Closed Thread
Old 12-05-2008, 02:35 AM
Default Country Village Dental

I see one prior negative post about Country Village Dental in Fruitland Park. Has anyone had any recent experience there?
Old 12-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs down Country Village

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain1202 View Post
I see one prior negative post about Country Village Dental in Fruitland Park. Has anyone had any recent experience there?
Tried to sell me a bill of goods. My former dentist up north said I didn't need all that c-r-a-p!

Skip
Old 01-10-2009, 05:07 AM
Default Southern Trace Dental

I have gone to Southern Trace Dental since I moved here 4 years ago. Not overpriced. Very professional. Would highly recommend.They have a wondereful hygienist named LIZ.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Platinum member

Another for Dr. Kathleen Williams! Because of comments on TOTV, I had an appointment with Dr. Kathleen Williams for a check up and cleaning. Great experience and hope to have found my next dentist for many years to come.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:32 PM
Veteran member

My neighbor also went to Village Dental and was quoted a price of $13,000 for work to be done. They also suggested her previous dentist didn't take good care of her. Well, her previous dentist is her husband who was sitting there in the room with her....needless to say, they have found another dentist to take care of both of them.

My experience with them included the fact that I would need 2 appointments, the first for a cleaning, the second to see the dentist. I'm retired, but don't enjoy making numerous visits for anybody. Cancelled both appointments and found another dentist.

Have been going to Main Street Dental in Leesburg and very happy with them...and their fees are reasonable.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Default CEREC dentist

Can anyone recommend a CEREC dentist (one day crowns made in office)?
Has anyone had any experience with Dental Touch which advertises CEREC?
Old 05-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Default Country Village Dental

After my earlier post I did go to Country Village Dental and had my Digital crown done and I am very satisfied with the work and the office. The office is a little homespun, but everyone was very nice (read: lower overhead = fair pricing). The price was very reasonable for the crown around $800 excluding root canal work which I did have to have done (also fairly priced). Insist on Dr. Toombs as he is the Digital expert. They accept a variety of insurance including UHC which I have. ABSOLUTELY NO PRESSURE for additional "gum disease" or "restorative" work. I will be going back.
The office is on 441 in Fruitland Park on the northbound side just north of the Flea Market and RV place (stand alone white building set back a little)
Old 05-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Two recommendations on dentists - one good and one bad.

On the GOOD side, Dr. Don Burbank right here in TV on 441 just south of the Golf Cart Bridge. I've had very good experiences there.

On the BAD side, avoid Dr. Seabrook. He has practiced in a lot of places in and around TV such as Colony Dental, Legacy (now Royal) Dental, and a few others. He is currently at (I think) Summerfield Dental which is across from Walmart on 441 but in a building not well marked with any name. My bride had a terrible experience with him and I have talked with several others who have horror stories about Joe Seabrook.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Veteran member

Went to Magnolia Dental for the $60 cleaning and exam as advertised in the paper. Saw me about 10 minutes after my appointment time and did everything as promised in the ad including full mouth xrays for the $60!
Has anyone else had any dealings with them, particularly with implants? I am considering the implants, but would like to hear from someone who has had this work done at Magnolia.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:55 AM

are you still happy with Dr. Ross?
Old 01-11-2010, 02:14 PM

I had the same experience but not in The V. We have insurance and the first visit went much like the Villages Kahuna's. They seem to all go for the "deep cleaning" spiel. I'm looking for an old fashion dentist that only does the necessary work and I can just come in for a twice a year cleaning, and yearly exrays.I haven't been to the dentist for a year because I don't want to get any unnecessary work done, and if you refuse to do the work they say "you need" they won't be your dentist. That happened to my husband when he refused to go with their plan for him.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Default Delta Dental (PPO)

I'm searching for a dentist that takes Delta Dental (PPO) insurance. I checked the Delta Dental web-site, D and G Dental Services PA on 560 N. 27/441 is listed with 8 dentists listed. Has anyone gone to D and G Dental Services?
Can anyone recommend a local dentist who takes Delta Dental?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:06 PM
Platinum member
Default Delta Dental

Yes, I can. My husband goes to Dr Christensen in Leesburg and likes him. He takes Delta Dental. Also Dr Lesh off 466 near Publix also takes Delta Dental.

When we moved here, I couldn't find an acceptable dentist that took Delta Dental and started going to Dr McKnight at Buena Vista Dental. I use my Delta Dental insurance and pay the difference. I really like her. That said, my husband found Dr Christensen and really likes him. He is in the Delta Dental group. Not a bad drive.
Tampa, FL

Last edited by Avista; 01-27-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:15 AM
Bosoxfan

Hi,
I'm relatively new in the villages and my wife & I are looking for reccommendations for a good dentist.I see this post hasn't been addressed since july 07 and would like some opinions based on recent experiences..Thanks
Old 02-11-2010, 11:11 AM

DR. Barnett-----Buena Vista Dental @ Laurel Manor
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.