Dentists

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2010, 09:39 AM

Both my husband and I go to Dr. Kathleen Williams at Palm Ridge Dental. She knows we don't have dental insurance and gives us quotes before we have work done. We get cleanings 2x year, and I just recently had 3 teeth bonded at $200 a tooth. When she and my husband didn't like the way one tooth looked after bonding she spent 2 more appointments working with it until they were satisfied. No charge for the extra appts. She has never insisted or suggested any work that we did not agree or ask for. I highly recommend her and her staff. Even the "office girls" are all former professional hygenists. BTW-I have also heard horror stories from friends about "Villages Dental."
Old 03-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Default An Awesome Visit

My husband and I just had to have dental work done. After talking with my grandfather who just had major work done to get dentures he recommended Dr Cooley at Carolina Dentures off of 466 by the fruit stand. Neither one of us (my husband and I) like going to the dentist. I was the first to go and walked out a very satisfied patient. I seen Dr Cooley and she was very gentle and very pleasant. My Husband saw Dr Gonzalez and he said that he was very pleased with him as well. I told my husband before he went (because he was complaining about going to the dentist because he HATES getting dental work done) that he would enjoy his visit because the staff there are VERY friendly and VERY professional. They have soft music playing and you do not feel claustrophobic because the exam areas are more open.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Default Dentist OMG

Wow! I had the same experience at Aspin Dental. At lesat you got a 'normal' cleaning. Aspin Dental refused to give me a normal cleaning rather than a Deep Cleaning, stating 'Liability". I, too, went back up north to see a reputable dentist who said I didn't need any work now, just a cleaning.

How do these people get away with this?. What happened to medical ethics?
Old 01-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcknancy View Post
All dentists in The Villages area are overcharging...if they had Medicare putting a limit on their charges as they do with doctors and hospitals, some of these dentists would either quit or start charging reasonable prices. Last week an elderly gentlemen friend of mine was charged $265, yes $265 for one filling. Isn't that ridiculous!!
I agree. I went to a first visit this week with Dr. Burbank and I have not missed a six month check up for 30 years.

He said I needed over $14,000 of dental work. That is fourteen thousand dollars. Crowns etc. I obviously will go to another person or fly back to Cincinnati.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Default Dentist advice

I asked a college classmate who is a well respected dentist in the Boston area how to find a "Good" dentist in FL. His advice was to ask a periodontist and/or oral surgeon for his/her recommendations, as they see everyone's work. Ask several and see what names pop up more than once.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:56 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After many years of research and watching the medical tourism industry evolve, I finally went to Cost Rica for complete dental rehab; including 7 implants and several new crowns. I stand atop the flagpole and enthusiastically recommend this trip to anyone. Phenomenal service and care, very experienced ... and so affordable that it makes you take notice of the arrogant monopoly that dominates the dental profession in the U.S.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.