Florida hospital

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2015, 10:14 PM
Platinum member
Default Florida hospital

Does anyone have any opinions....good or bad, about Florida Hospital in Tavarres? It is on Waterman Way. Thanks for any info you might offer.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:50 PM
Platinum member

When we lived in Tampa, Florida Hospital acquired a few existing hospitals there (The previous University Community Hospital chain). I had been to their flagship hospital both before and after the acquisition. The doctors and nurses I talked to at the time did not have favorable opinions of Florida Hospital. It was my understanding that Florida Hospital is owned by The Seventh Day Adventist Church.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:00 PM
Platinum member

Thanks NYGUY
Old 01-15-2015, 08:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Does anyone have any opinions....good or bad, about Florida Hospital in Tavarres? It is on Waterman Way. Thanks for any info you might offer.
I think I would ask the question a different way perhaps. A given hospital may provide appropriate care, but provide exceptional care in 1 or 2 areas. So if I had a specific health concern I would ask about the hospital's ability to care for me.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:46 AM

I had surgery there and had to stay a few days. I found the care there wonderful
Old 01-15-2015, 08:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The church does own the hospital. Not sure what was meant by that reference in a previous post.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:00 AM
Gold member

Have friends who used the one in Tavares and seemed to like it. I've used the one in Orlando and was very happy with them.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:06 AM
Gold member

They have gotten high reviews.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:11 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I think I would ask the question a different way perhaps. A given hospital may provide appropriate care, but provide exceptional care in 1 or 2 areas. So if I had a specific health concern I would ask about the hospital's ability to care for me.
Thanks, you are correct. I have an ongoing discussion going with them regarding my situation and their ability to treat. I was just hoping for a good feel for them in case I am able to move forward with them. From the comments so far, it sounds like a possibility for me.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:44 AM

I had knee surgery done at Waterman Hospital last year. I was very impressed and pleased with the treatment I received there. Would go there again.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:03 AM
Gold member

I've been a patient at one of their hospitals several times, always excellent, problem resolved, etc... They may not be owned by the church but they are run by 7th Day Adventists. First time I was in there they routinely did not serve meat unless specifically directed to do so by your doctor, that has all changed. It's really not about the building or who owns the hospital, it's about the people who you are treated by.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:06 AM
Eternal Member

I had to stay & have surgery at the one Orlando. I had wonderful care !!
Old 01-15-2015, 12:03 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I am not an Adventist, Have just returned from a medical mission to treat Cleft Lip and Cleft Palate cases among young , very poor, children in rural Mexico. The Mission was jointly sponsored by local(central Folrida) Rotary Clubs($80,000 grant) and a charitable foundation that is part of the Florida Hospital family. Although this post is not exactly on point, I think it does speak to the overall committment that Florida Hospital has to it's basic mission of service to those who need.

Professional medical personnel corrected the lesions and malformations in 81 Children and changed their lives immediately and forever with no attempt to preach to or convert the children or their families. Florida Hospitals provides these types of missions continuously throuout the Carribean and Latin America with no payment for services from any of the patients.

I was enourmously impressed by the competence of the professional and administrative personnel and this experience would lead me to chose them as a Hospital system which could be trusted to care for my family.

Fortunately since moving to Florida 4 yrs ago neither I nor my wife have needed in hospital care, therefore I do not have any direct experience with FH to share.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:35 PM
Veteran member

Hubby and I can't say enough good things about Waterman. Dan had a knee operation and the nursing staff was OUTSTANDING, even threw him a birthday party with cake and all! Every employee in that hospital will acknowledge you when you walk by in the halls or cafeteria. I talked to several people and they say it comes from the top down, as I guess they have a great CEO. Also, Dr. Radnothy is the Chief of Staff and is VERY personal and attentive. I've had a stay at The Villages hospital for an appendectomy and after waiting 8 hrs in the ER and another 10 hrs to be operated on.....well let's just say I wasn't very impressed. Dan was in Ocala Regional Trauma center for 13 days after an accident and the physical hospital itself was about a notch above a ghetto hospital. Blinds falling off walls, chairs broken, minimal nursing staff. At one point there was only one elevator working, and it also had to take patients up and down to surgery. You either had to wait about 45 mins or take the stairs.I will have to say though that the Trauma Dr.s were great.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:59 PM

I had to go to there emergency room last year, and was so impressed. Lots of people I know have been treated there, all have been satisfied, and give high praises.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.