Devices for reading INR

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2019, 05:25 PM
Send a message via AIM to rjcataniajr
Default Devices for reading INR

Hi, this message is for those on blood thinners that use their own INR machines to check their INR. I am going to purchase my own machine but would like to hear about the challenges in determining which device you purchased.
Thanks for your response,
Russ
Old 11-21-2019, 09:26 PM

I have a CoaguCheck. Medicare paid for it, a nurse came and showed me how to use it. I call in my reading once a week. No problems for 5 years. Very convenient. A lot better than going to the clinic.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:39 PM
Default INR Machine

My husband used a machine by Alere. It too seemed to work well. Unfortunately, we were not aware that he was getting false readings. The issue was not the machine. It was the strips. My husband has APS ( antiphosipholipid syndrome). His blood clots too quickly. The strips that are used on all the different machines have antiphosipholipids on them, there fore his readings were skewed. So, unless you have APS, I would thing any brand of machine will work just fine and save you lots of running back and forth to the clinic.
Closed Thread

Tags
inr, challenges, hear, determining, response

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.