Diagnosis of problems

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2020, 02:28 PM
Default Deadly Melanoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyaschuschel View Post
Yes problems with Villages health care they seem overwhelmed with patients & prescribing the wrong Thing or not paying attention to your health concerns .
I was diagnosed with melanoma last year and it took me four weeks to get another appointment to see the doctor then referred north to Shands hospital. It took five more weeks to get an appointment there to see a surgeon and four more weeks before I could get the surgery !
when I lived up north in Ohio the day my results came back they shipped me off to Ohio State Medical hospital where I had the surgery the next morning . For matters such as this I have been shocked at the time it takes for a response for surgery.
so there’s the difference of caring or maybe I’ll care in a few months. I am not impressed. I am lucky The cancer did not Metastasize and I am alive to talk about it!
Old 01-05-2020, 04:02 PM
Veteran member

Yes, the quality of medical care here for the most part is very poor. Many doctors are not trained in the US, may or may not be board certified. It's dicey. Look your doctor up on HealthGrades or Vitals for information on him or her. If you have a problem getting a good diagnosis on something serious I would recommend going to Shands in Gainsville or some well trained physician in Orlando. As far as a hospital there is no way I would go to The Villages hospital or Leesburg. West Marion is probably the best that close by. Paramont urgent care on 441 is ok and the Ocala ER on 441 is pretty good - certainly better than the 8 hrs I have waited at the Villages Hospital ER.
Old 01-05-2020, 05:23 PM
Thumbs up YOWZA! Villages doctors surpass LI, NY ad infinitum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze729 View Post
Has anyone else out there been having as manny problems with the health care staff here in The Villages? This includes the physicians as well as their supporting staff.
Hm- amazed as I have the ABSOLUTE BEST doctors! Try Dr. Nguyen Uyen + I have 10 more.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:43 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

My PCP is with The Villages Health (Pinellas) and she is excellent. She's from the Boston area. I have more than 10 friends who have a PCP at The Villages Health and all are extremely happy with their physicians. I'm not saying every Dr. at TVH is good, but my experience and my friend's experience has been very positive.
Old 01-05-2020, 06:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuly914 View Post
It seems to amaze me with some saying nope, but yet no one actually reccomended their doctor who they claim they have no problems with. Come on folks, throw some names of those good doctors you use and are happy with! LOL 😊
Creekside Medical is wonderful for our family. they take care of it all, we aren't disappointed in any way
Old 01-05-2020, 08:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Thanks folks and I have a hard time myself believing those people that say they haven't had a problem.
I had to have the tests because this doctor would not sign off and allow me to get the pre-op tests for a surgery I needed. The doctor said he worried about me being intubated for a new surgery and even told me that I could lose my voice if I didn't take care of the matter quickly. Then his office called for an ENT person and never followed through to make sure the appointment was confirmed and his staff would not tell me the new doctors name so I could call. I had to go to see someone in another part of the Villages health system in clinical support to find this all out.
The original doctor, the one I mention about the vocal cords WAS my GP at the time. He said if I didn't do what he wanted he was never going to sign off, and as my GP I had to get the okay and tests from him.
I brought the head of Clinical Administration and the Medical Director into this and all I got was they would handle the matter. I was never able to get what transpired and they haven't spoken to me since.
To me the Villages Health System is much like the Villages Hospital. One Star and getting worse.
Are you suggesting that people are dishonest with their comments?
Old 01-06-2020, 07:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordInvest View Post
I had to move from the villages because of the them they stink.
You moved from TV because of the Doctors? Why didn't you just change doctors? It had to be much cheaper.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:13 PM

Well folks I just came back from a follow up visit at UNOVA on Rolling Acres Road from a rotator cuff operation. It was done by Issac Mitchell and he and everything was just great, but he has left that corp environment so I was assigned another doctor. After and hour and 1/2 waiting to be seen by this Dr. Thomas I walked out.

OhoioBuckeye, I have heard that story several times from others about the waiting at TV hospital during a cardiac episode. This is only one of the reasons they rank so low.

LIZ22, I would say Advent in Ocala off of 441 might be the best within this close area.
Old 01-06-2020, 12:36 PM

He did say cords and I had to continue to get clearance for an operation
Old 01-06-2020, 12:40 PM

Im not saying they are dishonest. Maybe people are complacent with the system and just do not want to rock the boat so they allow what is done and said to them and decide that is best. I'm afraid as we get older we start sitting back and not wanting to cause problems
Old 01-06-2020, 09:02 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Im not saying they are dishonest. Maybe people are complacent with the system and just do not want to rock the boat so they allow what is done and said to them and decide that is best. I'm afraid as we get older we start sitting back and not wanting to cause problems
I've worked with healthcare professionals for 36 years. I am EXTREMELY picky about my PCP. I stay with UHC-Advantage insurance because I am so impressed with my PCP at The Villages Health.
You had a bad experience. But that doesn't mean the entire TVH system is bad. As I've said, I know many people who are very happy with their PCP at TVH. One person I know worked in a teaching hospital and she is very pleased with her TVH PCP.
I would never be complacent and if I felt I wasn't getting top notch care I would go elsewhere.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up Good and Bad

We have had our share of Medical disappoints in the Villages and promising good things.
In my opinion there is a lot of "keep them coming back for the money!" strategy! We had a
terrible mis diagnosis which had us go to Mayo who saved the life and we have been going to Mayo ever since as our major medical source. Use local Doctors as indicators. Good is that we saw the beginning of some serious improvements in the Village Hospital. Or course it is not at a rating of 4 or 5 but climbing the scale. Since Shands became involved the staff is much better. I understand they are using the Hospital to train nurses. Also heard that Interns may be coming to the Hospital. The ER had improved both in attention and care. The tools needed by the Staff are unfortunately scarce and that includes technology, equipment, supplies, etc. Hopefully all of this is indictive of a new era for The Village Hospital.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
We have had our share of Medical disappoints in the Villages and promising good things.
In my opinion there is a lot of "keep them coming back for the money!" strategy! We had a
terrible mis diagnosis which had us go to Mayo who saved the life and we have been going to Mayo ever since as our major medical source. Use local Doctors as indicators. Good is that we saw the beginning of some serious improvements in the Village Hospital. Or course it is not at a rating of 4 or 5 but climbing the scale. Since Shands became involved the staff is much better. I understand they are using the Hospital to train nurses. Also heard that Interns may be coming to the Hospital. The ER had improved both in attention and care. The tools needed by the Staff are unfortunately scarce and that includes technology, equipment, supplies, etc. Hopefully all of this is indictive of a new era for The Village Hospital.
Thanks as I worked at Mass General up in Boston before I came down here and am just used to a high level of medical treatment. I will no longer use people here in the villages nor their hospital
Old 01-07-2020, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I sincerely wish The Villages hospital all the best especially for the benefit of those here in the villages that have to use it. Time to go outside here for everything.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:49 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

So far I have received very good, and professional treatment from the villages health system.
Closed Thread

Tags
problems, staff, care, physicians, includes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.