Diagnosis of problems

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2020, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

Nope. Very happy with doctors and staff. Been here 12 years and had a couple of them (one retired). Admin staff great as well.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:06 AM

Ive only had a problem with one group of doctors. The others have been super. The one problem was immense. Still dealing with the results of their work . So, I its not all doctors, just 'some'. I learned to research their reputation first.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:39 AM

The people who had no problems with the healthcare in and around the Villages are very few if they are honest!!!
Many, many people have and had lots of problems with healthcare here. And also with the Hospitals around here.
We are here five years and had only one good on, unfortunately he retired! Now we have one you cannot talk really
talk to and he is out of the room before you know it. Some people are lucky or don’t asked any questions why or what!
Old 01-04-2020, 09:42 AM

Who is he?
Old 01-04-2020, 10:18 AM

My doctor may not be what you are looking for or get along with. As with everywhere else in the country, if you don't like, trust, and reslpect your doctor, get another one. I have a sports medicine/primary doctor and would not change. However, if I had cancer or needed brain surgery, I expect my doctor would recommend the best he knows in that field. Those who say the doctors here are not like my doctor back home, are living in the past or not looking hard enough.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:41 AM

No problem here either. My doctor is no longer taking patients so no sense in posting his name.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:37 AM

Thanks folks and I have a hard time myself believing those people that say they haven't had a problem.
I had to have the tests because this doctor would not sign off and allow me to get the pre-op tests for a surgery I needed. The doctor said he worried about me being intubated for a new surgery and even told me that I could lose my voice if I didn't take care of the matter quickly. Then his office called for an ENT person and never followed through to make sure the appointment was confirmed and his staff would not tell me the new doctors name so I could call. I had to go to see someone in another part of the Villages health system in clinical support to find this all out.
The original doctor, the one I mention about the vocal cords WAS my GP at the time. He said if I didn't do what he wanted he was never going to sign off, and as my GP I had to get the okay and tests from him.
I brought the head of Clinical Administration and the Medical Director into this and all I got was they would handle the matter. I was never able to get what transpired and they haven't spoken to me since.
To me the Villages Health System is much like the Villages Hospital. One Star and getting worse.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze729 View Post
Has anyone else out there been having as manny problems with the health care staff here in The Villages? This includes the physicians as well as their supporting staff.
Yes problems with Villages health care they seem overwhelmed with patients & prescribing the wrong Thing or not paying attention to your health concerns .
Old 01-04-2020, 12:28 PM

It seems that many employees in the health care area are not informed on the correct or latest information. The result is they just make a guess as to what the correct answer is. My wife asked for a referral the other day from colony, and the lady said call your insurance company. Duh- then she was rude because my wife said you do not get referrals from the insurance company, they must come from the primary care team, or doctor.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:34 PM

Some improvements in medical information , and handling of medical information must be made.
Old 01-04-2020, 01:05 PM

Yes!!!! The health care system down here is not good!!! I have heard this from many many people!!!
Old 01-04-2020, 04:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeze729 View Post
Has anyone else out there been having as manny problems with the health care staff here in The Villages? This includes the physicians as well as their supporting staff.
Don’t want to get into a long story but I had a terrible experience there,but there’s a lot of people that swear by TV hospital. Just getting out of the hospital after having a 5 way heart bypass & going there with a minor issue & during flu season you don’t leave them sit 4 1/2 hrs. before seeing them & charging them $400. plus dollars. But the CEO tore up the bill & couldn’t believe that they did that me. There’s a lot more to the story though.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,372 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts12755 View Post
There is a shortage of good quality doctors every where in Florida. It takes almost 3 months to get a first visit even with a bad doctor. Wait until healthcare is free for Illegals. It will be a 12 month wait to see an incompetent inexperienced doctor, unless you are an Elite and can pay cash for the best.
My health insurance kicked in January 1, I had no insurance at all the month of December because we moved from Connecticut in November and I had to get a job to prove income, to be eligible for the ACA subsidy (too young for Medicare).

That was 4 days ago. Two days ago I made an appointment for my first visit with a doctor in Florida. My appointment is for January 24, and I was able to get this appointment with the first doctor I picked off the Florida Blue list. He's right across 441 from where I live, in the medical center next to the Regional Hospital. He's experienced, board certified, in a group practice with his wife and several other doctors, and has hospital privileges. So even if he's not available some day when I need a doctor, I can probably find a "squeeze-in" appointment with anyone in the practice in a pinch.

So as for speed, it was pretty darned quick. It's just normal insurance, Florida Blue (BCBS), co-pay is nominal, premium (for us) is nominal, and convenient to home.

I'll update with his name after the appointment, so I can recommend him (or not).
Old 01-05-2020, 10:28 AM

I was at an urgent care that refused to call 911 !!
Old 01-05-2020, 11:04 AM

Jeanninern, I'm not at liberty to say his name from the Mulberry site because I am going into legal litigation with him and the Villages Network but I'll find out when I can.
From the sound of these responses it seems there are more people living in my shoes than those that do not feel there are any problems with the system here in the villages. As one put it there are pages of medical people to decide on out there, but try to find someone within the villages system as a GP that you can trust. Then try to communicate with those ancillary staff members. I'm not saying all because I have spoken with just a few that do try to help and actually follow thru on what they say.
Too bad we are not able to see where they graduated within their class. The Villages boasts of an amount of medical staff they provide for us. I'd like to see quality rather than the quantity they offer.
Closed Thread

Tags
problems, staff, care, physicians, includes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.