Did you get COVID?

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2020, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Have not tested positive, no on antibody test. Have been exposed more than I can count. One close friend tested positive, said the last flu was worse, but body aches were greater. Most I know have complained of the body aches, and sleeping.

Most of us do not watch the news, and pass our time with movies with something to make you laugh or smile.

Yes I wear a 95 plus a mask 16 hours a day, not that it makes me feel Safer, it just part of required fashion statement.

I am not a hero, I am just doing my job

I do not worry about things I can’t change, so I believe it makes me stronger.
There is absolutely no reason for you to be wearing a mask any hours of the day UNLESS you are out in a public area where you cannot maintain a 6 foot distance from others - PER CURRENT CDC GUIDELINES
Old 07-11-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyb View Post
I can relate to bikeracer. Ie mid- March... Within ten days experienced two episodes of hard shakes with generalized aching, 101 fever both times & extreme fatigue. Also now know what covid toes look like!. Lockdown had begun so just hunkered down/ stayed home per the recommendations at that time. My husband has had no symptoms
Sounds more like the flu then COVID
Old 07-11-2020, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,358 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
There is absolutely no reason for you to be wearing a mask any hours of the day UNLESS you are out in a public area where you cannot maintain a 6 foot distance from others - PER CURRENT CDC GUIDELINES
Pretty sure asian' works in IC. Hence mask!
Old 07-11-2020, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

I can't verify this
How ever my wife a retired head of Dialysis in Conn was recently talking with a fellow nurse from St Mary's Hospital
The head of St Marys CDC unit decided to test 50 employees for covid..All 50 returned +
He said that seemed odd that all 50 would test +
He preformed another test only using saline water all 50 came back +
Old 07-11-2020, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
Sometime reading a post can help. I can recite the CDC guidelines in my sleep, and I am a lot closer than 6 feet. Two masks are mandatory for me. Plus a shield, two types of gowns, two hats, and double boots. I retired in February only to return 2 months later. 8 of us chose to return to help relieve pressure on the younger gens. Nothing like experience trauma staff. So yes there is absolutely a reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Pretty sure asian' works in IC. Hence mask!
Good catch....Close in the OR we broke down to 16 hour days to limit staff, and if you have extra time on your hands ICU and step down offers tour of duty for extra fun. My hope was to only stay for a month, 4 to 5 months may be in the future. Beats sitting around guessing on what is really going on in the world.

Although I only care about my circle, I don’t have time to worry about what I have no control over.

Last edited by asianthree; 07-11-2020 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:33 AM

Bless You
Old 07-11-2020, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I took a Covid test this Wednesday as a requirement for my hospital stay for heart catheterization on Monday and then open heart surgery on Tuesday to repair a mitral valve. The lab says I should have my results by early Monday morning. The hospital made the appointment at the closest facility to me. So, I guess I will find out if I have Covid when I try to check-in to the hospital on Monday.
Good luck on negative Covid and on your open heart surgery!
Old 07-11-2020, 02:17 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Covid

I am a full time Villager. I personally don't anyone that we socialized or are acquainted with that tested positive for Covid.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:54 PM

Only 20% are testing positive for the antibodies so it does not appear to be that helpful.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

My wife believes she had Covid-19 in early January. She went into the airport to send our kids back home while I waited in the car lot. Her symptoms were "like it was a really horrible flu" for 2-3 weeks, but she's tough and just got past it. Since the end of February, we've been "quarantining" with no apparent ills - knock on wood.
Old 07-13-2020, 06:56 PM
Sage

I had loss of appetite that increased to adding a headache, diarrhea and vomiting. Went in to see my primary and she said an intestinal virus is going around and my symptoms sounded like that. We did talk about Covid but she didn't think having a test was required...said they're not completely reliable anyway. She told me if symptoms return and add other issues and I think it's Covid to rest, hydrate and stay in. Only go to ER if breathing issues ensue. I'm doing better now. I think with the pandemic-virus going around people are more on edge.
Old 07-14-2020, 08:34 AM
Gold member

NO
Closed Thread

Tags
tested, covid, worst, neck, ache

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.