Did you get COVID?

Closed Thread
Old 07-09-2020, 02:10 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts
Default Did you get COVID?

I'm curious to know if you tested positive for COVID or if you feel you may have been infected but not tested. What were your symptoms? I got chills, nausea, the runs, the worst neck ache and headache (like a tsunami hit me), but did not get tested. I was in quarantine anyway and got better in one day.
Old 07-09-2020, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

I would ask this question of a medical professional.
Old 07-09-2020, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I'm curious to know if you tested positive for COVID or if you feel you may have been infected but not tested. What were your symptoms? I got chills, nausea, the runs, the worst neck ache and headache (like a tsunami hit me), but did not get tested. I was in quarantine anyway and got better in one day.
Sounds more like food poisoning if it only lasted one day.
Old 07-09-2020, 06:17 PM
Veteran member

Sorry to answer in the negative, but I don't believe I've had it and don't personally know anyone here or elsewhere who has. I mostly stay inside and have had no symptoms.
Old 07-09-2020, 08:40 PM

No virus resolves in one day.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:34 PM
Bikeracer2009

Back in mid-march I was feeling run down for about a week or more. I had a very mild sore throat, runny nose and weakness. At the time you had to have a doctor request a test or have a fever of 102. I went looking for a thermometer but they were all sold out. We were all in lockdown anyway so I just stayed home like everyone else. The thing that bothers me now is a wheezing sound at night when I breathe but I use a white noise machine anyway so it's not a problem. I doubt I had the virus and I have an N100 mask I've worn since the beginning of the pandemic. I also spray alcohol on my groceries, shower and wash my clothes after going to the store. I would like to get tested for the antibodies one day to see if it was the virus.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:29 AM

A friend just got antibody test (which should tell you if you've had it) for $10 at Lab Corps on 466. She said you just go to their website & answer a few questions & book an appointment. Her appointment was right on time & she had her negative answer in 24 hours. This should solve your curiosity.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeracer2009 View Post
Back in mid-march I was feeling run down for about a week or more. I had a very mild sore throat, runny nose and weakness. At the time you had to have a doctor request a test or have a fever of 102. I went looking for a thermometer but they were all sold out. We were all in lockdown anyway so I just stayed home like everyone else. The thing that bothers me now is a wheezing sound at night when I breathe but I use a white noise machine anyway so it's not a problem. I doubt I had the virus and I have an N100 mask I've worn since the beginning of the pandemic. I also spray alcohol on my groceries, shower and wash my clothes after going to the store. I would like to get tested for the antibodies one day to see if it was the virus.
At the same time I felt similar but that was when the pollen was on steroids and my allergy med wasn't knocking it down. I was out of work a few days, went back for one, then they told me I needed to get tested to return.

It took a few days to get scheduled and go to the Polo Grounds, then a few more days to get results. I was negative as it was my allergies as I had suspected.

I'm a janitor working in an auto dealership, I'm around 75+ employees daily as well as 25-50 customers daily and when I'm near people I wear a face covering. I constantly wash my hands and in many instances at work I also wear gloves.

I'm trying to follow CDC guidelines and do what I need to do to keep myself and family safe.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:59 AM
Sage

Last edited by Barefoot; 07-10-2020 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Post deleted
Old 07-10-2020, 07:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskarst View Post
A friend just got antibody test (which should tell you if you've had it) for $10 at Lab Corps on 466. She said you just go to their website & answer a few questions & book an appointment.
I assume you're answering Bikeracer2009's question about the antibody test.
You've only posted three times since you joined in 2007; so probably don't know that you should repost his comments.
I'm just telling you this to be friendly.

Last edited by Barefoot; 07-10-2020 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Worded differently
Old 07-10-2020, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Never had COVID as far as I know, but while living overseas I have suffered through, Amebic dysentery, dengue fever, psittacosis, Giardia, as well as food poisoning. All of them made one wish for a fast death. On the bright side, I have never had the Flu and I rarely catch a cold, symptoms which might last two days or so.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:33 AM

A friend said her neighbor tested positive...her symptoms were allergy type symptoms and was very tired. Never hospitalized and is okay now.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:50 AM

I still don't understand the purpose of getting tested without any symptoms...you can show up negative and the next day, positive. I haven't left the house except to go to the doctor and blood tests. I did take an antibody test and that was negative. In since March 17th. Fun times.
Old 07-10-2020, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
No virus resolves in one day.
Hmmm.... George Stephanopoulos and his wife both tested positive. His wife had lots of symptoms and underwent a very tough time. George's symptoms were one evening of a backache. This virus cannot be predicted. So yes, I think you could have symptoms for one day. Of course you would still have it in you - you just wouldn't have aches and pains to go along with it. I.e. you would still be very contagious!!!
Old 07-10-2020, 09:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskarst View Post
A friend just got antibody test (which should tell you if you've had it) for $10 at Lab Corps on 466. She said you just go to their website & answer a few questions & book an appointment. Her appointment was right on time & she had her negative answer in 24 hours. This should solve your curiosity.
We gave blood at OneBlood a couple weeks ago. As a bonus, they conducted a COVID antibody test - with results to you in about 3 days. We were both Negative.

We're planning to give blood again within 2 months.

Tags
tested, covid, worst, neck, ache

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.