Did you get COVID?

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2020, 10:42 AM
Veteran member

A doctor told a relative of mine that the antibody test was only about 50% accurate.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeracer2009 View Post
Back in mid-march I was feeling run down for about a week or more. I had a very mild sore throat, runny nose and weakness. At the time you had to have a doctor request a test or have a fever of 102. I went looking for a thermometer but they were all sold out. We were all in lockdown anyway so I just stayed home like everyone else. The thing that bothers me now is a wheezing sound at night when I breathe but I use a white noise machine anyway so it's not a problem. I doubt I had the virus and I have an N100 mask I've worn since the beginning of the pandemic. I also spray alcohol on my groceries, shower and wash my clothes after going to the store. I would like to get tested for the antibodies one day to see if it was the virus.
I had a similar malaise in March . I was sure, as my family was, that I had the covid19 virus so when it became available, I had the antigen test. I was negative.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Back in mid-march I was feeling run down for about a week or more. I had a very mild sore throat, runny nose and weakness. At the time you had to have a doctor request a test or have a fever of 102. I went looking for a thermometer but they were all sold out. We were all in lockdown anyway so I just stayed home like everyone else. The thing that bothers me now is a wheezing sound at night when I breathe but I use a white noise machine anyway so it's not a problem. I doubt I had the virus and I have an N100 mask I've worn since the beginning of the pandemic. I also spray alcohol on my groceries, shower and wash my clothes after going to the store. I would like to get tested for the antibodies one day to see if it was the virus.
That someday would be right now if the DPA had been fully utilized. Testing is available in Japan, China, and S. Korea." Are we not men?" -- a quote from an older movie--
Old 07-10-2020, 12:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Not much is known about CV. There may be long-term consequences? Unfortunately, most of us in tV are short-term.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskarst View Post
A friend just got antibody test (which should tell you if you've had it) for $10 at Lab Corps on 466. She said you just go to their website & answer a few questions & book an appointment. Her appointment was right on time & she had her negative answer in 24 hours. This should solve your curiosity.
They are not very accurate both in saying positive or negative. Don't bet your life on them. Some are almost a scam!
Old 07-10-2020, 12:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSonja View Post
I still don't understand the purpose of getting tested without any symptoms...you can show up negative and the next day, positive. I haven't left the house except to go to the doctor and blood tests. I did take an antibody test and that was negative. In since March 17th. Fun times.
Agreed. Very prudent. tV needs more of you.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

I haven't had the corona virus yet, but I have had some pretty bad symptoms from a Coors hangover when I was younger.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
A doctor told a relative of mine that the antibody test was only about 50% accurate.
Yes.
Old 07-10-2020, 12:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSonja View Post
I still don't understand the purpose of getting tested without any symptoms...you can show up negative and the next day, positive.
That's always been the problem, but as some people in this thread have said, symptoms can be very mild. I started feeling a bit fatigued and weak a few days ago, with a slight feeling of pressure in my lungs when I took a deep breath. I wasn't about to wait in a long line for testing and we've been staying home anyway (having food delivered like potentates), but I still would be curious to see the results.

I'm not saying any of us have turned into hypochondriacs over this, but the danged symptoms are all over the place so I can't blame people for wondering.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:07 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmd2 View Post
when my uncle checked to see if my Aunt was still sleeping, he was pretty much 100% right much of the time.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:11 PM
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
I'm curious to know if you tested positive for COVID or if you feel you may have been infected but not tested. What were your symptoms? I got chills, nausea, the runs, the worst neck ache and headache (like a tsunami hit me), but did not get tested. I was in quarantine anyway and got better in one day.
I had similar symptoms on Monday. Felt better Tuesday, but normal on Wednesday. We had been going out to restaurants with step-son's adult family over the past week which was our first since Covid, maybe picked up something. Glad you are better too. Not sure I would call it Covid, who knows if you get mild symptoms.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:17 PM

I can relate to bikeracer. Ie mid- March... Within ten days experienced two episodes of hard shakes with generalized aching, 101 fever both times & extreme fatigue. Also now know what covid toes look like!. Lockdown had begun so just hunkered down/ stayed home per the recommendations at that time. My husband has had no symptoms

Last edited by mollyb; 07-10-2020 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Error
Old 07-10-2020, 07:03 PM

That sounds like dehydration
Old 07-10-2020, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Have not tested positive, no on antibody test. Have been exposed more than I can count. One close friend tested positive, said the last flu was worse, but body aches were greater. Most I know have complained of the body aches, and sleeping.

Most of us do not watch the news, and pass our time with movies with something to make you laugh or smile.

Yes I wear a 95 plus a mask 16 hours a day, not that it makes me feel Safer, it just part of required fashion statement.

I am not a hero, I am just doing my job

I do not worry about things I can’t change, so I believe it makes me stronger.

Last edited by asianthree; 07-10-2020 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:17 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I took a Covid test this Wednesday as a requirement for my hospital stay for heart catheterization on Monday and then open heart surgery on Tuesday to repair a mitral valve. The lab says I should have my results by early Monday morning. The hospital made the appointment at the closest facility to me. So, I guess I will find out if I have Covid when I try to check-in to the hospital on Monday.
Closed Thread

Tags
tested, covid, worst, neck, ache

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.