Medicare and a Suppplemental Insurance

Closed Thread
Old 11-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Exclamation Medicare and a Suppplemental Insurance

I have a concern with medicare an the supplemental which I PAY $122 a month for the medicare part of it, now I have a supplemental which is Humana and I pay a large co-pay, but I would like to find one that even if I pay a larger premiun I at least do not have a bill to worry about later on when it comes to a health isuue. Has anyone found a good supplemental that you are satisfied with, Thanks Dave
Old 11-30-2008, 09:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts
Default We have had AARP supplemental insurance

since each of us turning 65 (almost 10 years ago...wow!). We have literally not had to pay one cent out of our pocket for any medical care....including my wife's breast cancer, surgery, radiation treatments and all post surgery check ups.
Maintenance check ups like colonoscopy every 3 years (due to polyps being found); cataract surgery; etc.
I pay $300 per month for the two of us...sounds like a lot...$3600 per year...however, in the end the amount is insignificant compared to what our cost out of pocket could have been without the coverage.
There are several good providers available. I chose AARP because their premium was some what less (at that time)...they have a significant membership that is enrolled in their supplemental insurance program...their customer service is always right there when needed.
It works very well for us.

BTK
Old 12-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Platinum member
Default Aarp

BTK: Isn't it written by Humana?

Skip
Old 12-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Veteran member

Skip,

We also have AARP and it's United Healthcare that administers it. BTK, I've had the same experience. Multiple opportunities for large bills but no out of pocket expenses at all. We're very happy with the policy so far.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Platinum member
Default Aarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
BTK: Isn't it written by Humana?

Skip
Sorry, AARP is sold by United Healthcare not Humana. Got con-foozed there for a minute.

Skip
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.